SORT BY Relevancy
1. What percentage of Americans smoke on a daily basis? 20 percent, one in five.
2. What percentage of American high school students use tobacco? 20 percent, more than one in five, 5% of middle school students smoke.
3. How many adult Americans have used an illegal drug at some point in their lives?: a) 70,000 b) 700,000 c) 7,000,000 d) 70,000,000 Answer: d
4. Can drug use modify your brain? Yes.
5. True or false: Nicotine is NOT an addictive substance. False
6. How can alcohol abuse affect memory loss and dementia? Alcohol abuse can lead to or increase both.
EXAMPLES OF DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: 1. How do drugs give people pleasure? Drugs are rewarding because they directly or indirectly stimulate the brain’s natural reward system and cause dopamine to be released. Dr. Steven Hyman: “Drugs are much more reliable and potent than normal stimuli. Instead of running that marathon, or for a scientist, working for months and writing a good paper and getting it accepted—a lot of work for a little dopamine in the brain—people who use drugs find that they can literally short-circuit all of these natural processes.”
2. Why do some people fall quickly into addiction, while others can experi- ment and then walk away? Dr. Hyman: “You know, it’s hardly heroic that we use alcohol well. And there’s no special act of will. And this gets back to the issue of vulnerability. That is, people who will take drugs enough to potentially get addicted seem to seek them out and enjoy them. They seem to have fewer warning signs.” Dr. Alan Leshner: “It’s not true that you take a drug and you become addicted for the rest of your life. Some people do. Most people don’t. However, most people (who routinely use) ultimately will become addicted to an addicting substance.
***Chime In 713) 955-0708 ***
or log on
*** www,blogtalkradio.com/popsmovement ***
Join P.O.P.S Movement Radio and host Daphne Jackson for Step 2 of Our 6 Steps to P.E.A.C.E Saturday Series.. Identifying the Problem!
Are our rights to live, to have adequate housing, to eat, to work & to be educated human rights? If this land is for the People by the People, why are the People hurting? Chime in with us as we identify the problems that we can begin to unite around to bring about solutions which can be strategically implemented by taking on the responsibilities required of us to heal the people, heal the land!
Joining us during our first hour will be Our Good Brothas back with us, Willie Jr Fleming , Human Rights Advocate and founder of the Chicago Anti-Eviction Campaign and Adam Rice of the Los Angeles Anti-Eviction Campaign sd we continue to discuss the critical state of housing and how these Brothas are making a change in the lives of people who face losing their homes!
We will be joined in the second hour by Rap artist Young Bleed as he talks about his recent case of Police Brutality, how it has affected him and his course of action. As well as Anthony Robinhood Holmes and the family of slain cpd victim, Ronnie Johnson, will be back with us along with ChairmanFred Hampton Jr.
Peace & Blessings
We have been on the air since 2007, and this show will mark the landmark 300th show since we started. Join us for the fun and the information needed to save America and the knowledge that we didn't let this country go down without a fight. The next election is coming folks. Are we ready to beat the socialists out of office? I know I am. Join us and call in too. Let us know what you feel about the saving of America...... This week the war on women, who the democrats always say is the republicans who are waging it....is proven to be going the other way.
Today on Voices of Global Freedom Radio we are interviewing Razi Nurullayev born April 1, 1971 is an Azerbaijani politician and political analyst. Razi is the Deputy-Chairperson for Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan Popular Front (APFP) and head of “Region” International Analytical Centre (RIAC), a Baku-based think-tank in Azerbaijan working on policy issues in Post-Soviet Space.
In 1997 Razi Nurullayev graduated from Azerbaijan University of Languages from the faculty of English-French obtaining Master’s Degree and in 2005 graduated from Southern Russian Humanitarian Institute’s Law Faculty. He also in 2009 received Ford Motor Company International Fellowship of the 92nd Street Y Developing Community Leaders at Columbia University in New York. In 2004 he got a scholarship to study International Human Rights Training Program (IHRTP).
In 2002 – 2006 he served as a research fellow at the Institute of Philosophy, Political Science and Law Researches under Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan at the department of “International Relations and International Law”. He visited many countries across the world and speaks of democracy and activism in Azerbaijan. Learn more about him at
Learn more about the hosts of Voices of Global Freedom Yoda and Backpack:
October 25, 2014
The Pit Bull Advocate LIVE from Cesar Chavez Plaza in Phoenix, AZ.
12:30 pm to 1:00pm. This will be our first remote broadcast and we're looking forward to hearing from you!
My guest Jan Harbuck is returning on 10-25-14. She is a singer/songwriter/ musician. She wears many hats and does it with excellence. You can read about Jan on her website: http://www.janharbuckmusic.com/ She is also on fb. We invite you to call into the program.
Jan's Husband Dr Harbuck is President of AEGA Ministries and Jan is Vice President of the Ministry, near Monroe, LA. Jan also will be talking about ICCAN, A Non-Denominational Christian Network Uniting Cowboy Churches & Ministries Around the Globe. Copyright 2010 - ICCAN - All Rights Reserved
We will be sharing the Love of God and some of her new music projects.
http://www.joaniebuchanan.org/ is not responsible for the commercials on blogtalk.
Disclaimer: I try to choose men and women who are seasoned in the Word to be on my shows. Although some guests’ interpretations may differ from your beliefs, and/or those of me or my ministry, I nor my ministry are accountable for their opinions.Blogtalkradio has aired my program for over three years and I appreciate that. However, I am not responsible, at any time, for the advertisements on this network.
Thank you for your understanding, God Bless.
in The Bible
Let's listen to Dr Martin Luther King jr. as he addresses the power that be. Who said it wasnt time to stand for the rights of our people.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-17 KJV
"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work."
“Walking with God is to stand where God stands, and to fight for whom God fights: the poor, the weak, the powerless and the defenseless. Walking with God is to have the courage to know that fear and trepidation before the might of the powerful is overturned by the fear of the Lord! Walking with God is to understand, without doubt or equivocation that justice is what Yahweh requires
http://www.Therealdealbiblestudy.com or http://www.Bookandversebiblestudy.com
Political Activist Bassem Masri has been shot at, arrested and hated on all because of his passion and commitment towards eliminating Injustice..which include Police Brutality and being a voice against the horrific ethnic cleansing and genocide of the Palestinian people.
In his words:
The day Mike Brown died Saint Louis aka Ferguson reacted the resentment along with Mikes blood was enough now we are trying to change this country since mike has been killed I've been tear gassed shot at with rubber bullets assaulted by police before he got killed I was arrested 40+ times 4 traffic violations.When media demonized us I immediately went to action me being Palestinan I understood what is about to happen and acted Livestreaming has kept media accountable and protected protesters from aggressive cops,I was targeted my police 2 days In a row once detained once arrested ,afted arresting me yesterday they stole all my equipment and clothes I have nothing but I'm not stopping anything U all can do to help will be greatly appreciated this money will go to helping me live replacing my equipment and helping needy protesters on the front line Pls do what U can Ferguson appreciates all the support we here fighting for our rights and helping us prevent a Police State from breaknig apart our great country thank u all.
Follow Bassem Masri on Twitter: @Bassem_Masri
* The writer, director, producer, cast, or theme of the short must be diverse, either: ethnically, culturally, or of a diverse voice or community.
* Short films must be submitted under one of the following genres: Comedy, Drama, Horror, or Sci-Fi.
* Submitting parties must hold complete rights and ownership of submitted product.
* Only original works are accepted. Submissions may not be based, in whole or in part, on material, fictional or nonfiction, produced or un-produced, published or unpublished, unless such material was originally created and published/produced by the applicant, in another medium.
* Films with prior commercial distribution or broadcast within the US are NOT eligible to submit. In the case of small non-commercial, non-publicized showings, the committee reserves the right to waive this rule.
* Shorts must run between 2-20 minutes in length.
* If selected to screen in New York in August, semi-finalists must provide their shorts in one of the following formats: DCP, HDCam (regular not SR) or QuickTime Pro Res 422.
* No revisions or updated versions will be accepted beyond the initial submission.
* An applicant may submit multiple separate entries.
* There is NO FEE for submitting a film to this festival.
* All entries must be received by June 8, 2014.
* Withoutabox profiles will be noted with a confirmation of receipt within one week of arrival.
* In mid-July, semi-finalists will be determined and notified, and announced.
* In August, a semi-finalist screening will take place in New York City. Television & Film makers are responsible for their own travel & accommodations should they choose to RSVP & attend this event.
New Revolution - Imam Yahya Shabazz; Created Purpose - Karriem Hameed
1st hOUR - The New Revolution with Imam Yahya Shabazz The purpose of the show will concern the direction of society after the civil rights movement, and the role of the community of IWDM helping to point that direction.
2nd HOUR- Created Purpose with Karriem Hameed focus on the fact that Allah created everything and its purpose. The purpose identifies its correct usage and mankind recieves Allah's intended blessings (insha ALLAH).
Angels Over Aidan, Aidan was kidnapped, abuducted, denied his right to tender years of living with his mom and awesome two brothers. COURT RECORDES PROVE HIS MOM & SIBLINGS HAVE BEEN UNWARRANDELY, ILLIEGALLY, INTENTIONALLY DENIED THEIR DUE PROCESS RIGHTS, 14 AND 5TH AMEDMENTS RIGHTS VIOLATED. ETC.
Unity is the key to success for everyone. Whether it is a nation, an organization, a family, or friends, remaining united and working together like a team is always MORE fruitful then working alone. UNITIED WE WILL STAND, divided we fall and loose.
ANGELS OVER AIDAN, pleading the case of Ann Marie Baxter and her son Aidan, asking all BLOGTALKRADIO LISTERNERS & friends, family and associates to join forces in helping Ann Marie Baxter recover her son Aiden and expose the unconstitutional actions, practices and procedures of Broward County Family Court Judges and Guardian Ad Litem. ANGEL'S OVER AIDEN. Become an Angel's Over Aiden, SIGN OUR PETITION TO THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT.
We need Pro Bono Attorneys, Retired and fired attorneys and judges, internet volunteers, legal researchers, social networks, funds raisers, email angels, honest politician, supporters, prayer warriors, court watchers, reporters, civil liberty activist, seniors in high school, former prisoners etc
During the civil rights era black americans stood against racial injustice and severe oppression. Today we have been ingrafted or intergrated into they system where some have higher wages, better jobs, homes, you name it, but have we really dealt with the injustices of racism? Have we just learned how to be comfortable under the system of white supremacy? In today's world we have more things, but less money. Most Black People are still living paycheck to paycheck and some say the black middle class is a myth. Entrepreneurship is still in the Black Community. Race Relations in Post -Obama America appears to have gotten worst.Which brings us to our Question of the Day: Has Black America lost it's voice? Have we been hijacked by the so called new black who are content with racial injustice as long as they are provided the illusion of inclusion? Call in and share with us your thoughts. Plus we will have the latest news and events in pop culture & more. So tune in this Saturday @12:30 PM CST
Join Host Live Chats
- Holger Awakens (32 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (17 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (12 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (12 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (11 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (10 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (5 chatters)
- Shetaut Neter (5 chatters)
- KimberleyJ (4 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (3 chatters)
- Holy Ghost Healing Explosion Shows (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (3 chatters)
- NOPC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (2 chatters)
- Italian Tomatoes (1 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)