SORT BY Relevancy
If you saw Our America With Lisa Ling this past Thursday, I will be talking to one of the the guest on the show and that I would consider a long distance friend of mine. With National HIV Testing Day on June 27th, this would be the perfect time to discuss the epidemic of HIV. Bringing the awareness of HIV/AIDS is one of those things that always will need to be discussed and kept on the forefront. Though people are getting tested and wearing condoms there has still be in a rise in HIV/AIDS cases. Tune in for this important interview!
For so long, HIV has been a prominent disease in the community and we are having an episode to discuss everyone's different views toward the disease and how to overcome it as well as determine the cause of its spread and why it has yet to be eradicated. The purpose is to not only bring awareness to the disease itself but also to educate others on the people they may or may not know that have it; to create a better understanding of one another.
On Today's Show -
We will be discussing the ballroom scene, Houses and there relationship to the Philadelphia LGBTQ Community at large and HIV Testing. Is the ballroom community intentionally falsifying HIV data by instructing it's members to get tsted repeatedly using different names and information? There are many ballroom community members that are doing great things for the community and they shall also be mentioned.
Join Nicky Dare, host of iDARE Radio, exclusive interview in observance of National HIV Testing Day (NHTD) January 27.
Special Guest: Author, singer/songwriter, actor and HIV/AIDS awareness advocate, Nicholas Snow.
"Sometimes it is as much about the destination as it is about the journey, especially when the experience, as a whole, enables a process of rediscovery of self and reevaluation of life. Such idea comes to mind upon reading Life Positive: A Journey to the Center of My Heart, a new book by foreign correspondent, actor, activist and media personality Nicholas Snow, who delivers a candid story about the power of perseverance, and the necessity of believing in and following one's dreams in spite of all odds." ...Alina Oswald, A&U Magazine
See www.LifePositiveBook.com and www.SnowbizNow.com
Nicky Dare, Host of IDARE Outdoors Radio.
HIV and AIDS is the silent killer in the black community and folks just don't want to talk about it but this week I am talking about it on my show.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, African-Americans make up nearly half of the roughly one million Americans HIV. Young adults account for much of the rising number of infections, especially African-American teenagers.
The CDC estimates that more than half of the young people diagnosed with HIV between the ages of 13 and 24 - that roughly 14 percent overall - are African-American. to shine a spotlight on this epidemic I am doing a series "Black Men Living With HIV In America.
My first guest was Marcus McPherson an HIV positive African-American man who grew up in Mississippi and now lives and goes to college in New York City. My second guess was Justin B Terry-Smith an HIV advocate and activist from Washington DC. Today my guest is Christopher Barnhill, you've seen him on BET's 106 & Park, on the cover of many magazines and he speaks at conferences all around the country. He is an HIV/AIDS Advocate and activist from D.C. He was born with HIV but didn't know his status until he was 16 and decided his status would be his mission.
Today we learn who he is, what it has been like for him living as a Black man with HIV in America and what his mission is.
Black Men Living With HIV In America is a series that looks beyond the numbers and puts a face and a story to the numbers that we always hear about. What is it like to be HIV positive and a Black Man? Why are more ana more Black men becoming HIV positive? And is the prevention and outreach message the right or wrong message as we see an increase in younger Black males? Is the message reaching the target or not reaching the target and if not then what are we doing to change and target those Black men at a greater rick of infection? These are the question that we must ask so that we can move forward and maybe then reach the goal of zero new infections among the Black community.
My guest today is Justin B Terry-Smith, a noted African-American HIV and gay civil rights activist, advocate and the creator of ‘Justin’s HIV Journal,” a popular Youtube video blog in which he shares his trials and tribulations of living with HIV. He is also a U.S. Air Force veteran and married to Dr. Philip Terry-Smith and they are the proud parents of Lundyn.
in Self Help
Welcome to the award winning show “the Conversation” in its 4th year airing on Blog Talk Radio. This show features the brightest and most unique guests we can find. We offer a dose of positive energy to inspire, motivate and educate you our listeners. Welcome sit back and enjoy the show!
Hosts: Klarque Garrison and Michele Gilliam-Morrissey
Denise Stokes: Denise is an author, National Speaker and AIDS/HIV Advocate who will speak to us about why we should still care about the Worldwide crisis.
Harrine Freeman: author of "How to Get Out of Debt" and Financial Guru drops by to talk about how to use crowd funding to get your finances on track.
Vanessa Richardson: Playwright and founder of "The Certain Ones" Magazine is here to talk about her newest project "Love Redemption"
All this and more....
Because February 7th, is the National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, the show of this week will address the Intersection of HIV/AIDS, Violence against Women and Girls, & Gender–Related Health Disparities.
Data support the need to address not only HIV/AIDS and IPV, but also their intersection:
- Most women living with HIV had experienced IPV
- Among women living with HIV/AIDS, trauma, abuse and violence are associated with less use of antiretroviral medication, decreased medication adherence, and increased risk of death
- HIV infection may trigger or augment physical violence, particularly against women
Join Host Live Chats
- TheThinkingAtheist (63 chatters)
- BeverlyD (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (13 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (7 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (6 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- KAS1 (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- RodneyPerryLive (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (3 chatters)
- Bare It All (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Live Radio Station (3 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (2 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- imamalfred (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- The Christian View (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Spirit Empowerment (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (0 chatters)
- Backtalk14 (0 chatters)