SORT BY Relevancy
If you saw Our America With Lisa Ling this past Thursday, I will be talking to one of the the guest on the show and that I would consider a long distance friend of mine. With National HIV Testing Day on June 27th, this would be the perfect time to discuss the epidemic of HIV. Bringing the awareness of HIV/AIDS is one of those things that always will need to be discussed and kept on the forefront. Though people are getting tested and wearing condoms there has still be in a rise in HIV/AIDS cases. Tune in for this important interview!
in Self Help
Domestic Violence and HIV/AIDS intersect and most people find that surprising. Abusers are usually promiscuous and move around from one relationship to another. Sometimes having multiple relationships.
How does this play into how the STATUS of HIV/AIDS become a part of the conversation?
It is very important to know where you STAND.
Join Host Fatima Kourouma as she discusses the intersection of Domestic of Violence and HIV/AIDS with guest speakers Grace Aron and Veronica Saccoh, describing the prevalence and intersection of HIV/AIDS and Domestic Violence in the African Immigrant and Refugee Community, and identifying culturally specific and culturally competent evidence based practice intervention and prevention strategies.
For so long, HIV has been a prominent disease in the community and we are having an episode to discuss everyone's different views toward the disease and how to overcome it as well as determine the cause of its spread and why it has yet to be eradicated. The purpose is to not only bring awareness to the disease itself but also to educate others on the people they may or may not know that have it; to create a better understanding of one another.
On Today's Show -
We will be discussing the ballroom scene, Houses and there relationship to the Philadelphia LGBTQ Community at large and HIV Testing. Is the ballroom community intentionally falsifying HIV data by instructing it's members to get tsted repeatedly using different names and information? There are many ballroom community members that are doing great things for the community and they shall also be mentioned.
in Pop Culture
Celebrating OVER 100 Episodes!
"Promoting Awareness & Education on HIV/AIDS in the minority communities."
Hosts: Jamel, Diamond and Flash Gotti
#MyRealTalkRadio #WrapItUp HIV/AIDS AWARENESS Special!
There are approximately 1.1 million people living with HIV in the U.S.
It is estimated that almost one-fifth (18.1 %) of those people don’t know they are infected.
Since the beginning of the AIDS pandemic, 1.7 million Americans have been infected with HIV and more than 650,000 have died of AIDS.
An estimated 50,000 new HIV infections occur in the U.S. each year.
In 2011, more than 20% of people diagnosed with HIV in the U.S. were women.
The vast majority of newly diagnosed HIV-positive women contracted the virus through heterosexual sex.
In 2010, gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among men and 63% of all new infections although they comprise only 4% of the U.S. male population.
African Americans accounted for 47% of new HIV infections diagnosed in 2011, although they comprise only 14% of the population.
The rate of new HIV infections among black women in 2010 was 20 times that of white women and nearly five times that of Hispanic women.
In 2010, 31% of all new infections occurred among people aged 25–34, followed by individuals aged 13–24 at 26%.
Special Guest- Wrap It Up Campaign Founder/Fashion Designer: Darrell Cortez
Download the MIXCLOUD app for FREE from your PC, TABLET, or SMART PHONE. Once you download the free app, add: MYREALTALKRADIO
"More than 1.1 million people in the United States are living with HIV infection, and almost 1 in 6 (15.8%) are unaware of their infection".1
Bebashi.org & AidsWalkPhilly.org
Awareness, Prevention, Living & Fundraising will be the topics discussed by host, Rikki R. Jones & guests from Bebashi.org--Executive Director, Gary J. Bell & Director of Development & Communications, Naja Killebrew.
Be Aware, Be an Advocate, Be with me & Bebashi!!
WALK RUN PHILLY!!!
347-826-9723 is the call in number
Join Nicky Dare, host of iDARE Radio, exclusive interview in observance of National HIV Testing Day (NHTD) January 27.
Special Guest: Author, singer/songwriter, actor and HIV/AIDS awareness advocate, Nicholas Snow.
"Sometimes it is as much about the destination as it is about the journey, especially when the experience, as a whole, enables a process of rediscovery of self and reevaluation of life. Such idea comes to mind upon reading Life Positive: A Journey to the Center of My Heart, a new book by foreign correspondent, actor, activist and media personality Nicholas Snow, who delivers a candid story about the power of perseverance, and the necessity of believing in and following one's dreams in spite of all odds." ...Alina Oswald, A&U Magazine
See www.LifePositiveBook.com and www.SnowbizNow.com
Nicky Dare, Host of IDARE Outdoors Radio.
Nicholas Snow is a journalist, author, actor, radio and television host, singer/songwriter, LGBT civil rights activist, and a world-renowned, openly-gay, openly-HIV positive advocate for HIV testing and safer sex.
Nicholas Snow makes every day World AIDS Day (December 1st) by promoting HIV testing and safer sex as one of the world's leading multimedia entertainment activists.
This is told in his riveting, new, written-as-he-lived it, well-reviewed, living-powerfully-with-HIV memoir, Life Positive: A Journey to the Center of My Heart. (http://www.LifePositiveBook.com).
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (472 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (89 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (25 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Black Author Network (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- ALLFACTS CONCEPT CRUSHER (15 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (13 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (13 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (12 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (12 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (10 chatters)
- SURN Host (10 chatters)
- reactionariez (9 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- The Advise Show (8 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (7 chatters)
- NDB Media (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- David Coney (5 chatters)
- Cosmic Pillow Talk (4 chatters)
- drkate (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- The View from Montana (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- tickmankyle1 (2 chatters)
- THE FRESH START CROWD FUNDING WEE (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Above The Fray Podcast (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (0 chatters)