SORT BY Relevancy
Please join us for another episode of Black Fathers Radio this evening at 8 est, as we welcome Anitra Scott to the show. Anitra will be joining us to discuss the Det. Brian Stevenson Purple Kiss Foundation (http://purplekisses.org/Ho?me.html).
Purple kisses honors the life and legacy of former Baltimore City police officer and detective Brian Stevenson, and gives hope and help to the youth of Baltimore, just as Det. Stevenson did throughout his life, which was taken from him violently.
We will also be joined by other officers, who will discuss what it means to be in a position such as an officer in Baltimore City, and put your life on the line everyday.
What are the impacts of losing a father/father-figure on a family? A community? A people? If you have experienced that loss, please call in and join the conversation. We want to hear from you in the hopes that your loss will serve as others' gain, be their strength, give them encouragement. Or maybe you'll get encouragement of your own. Please call in 646-727-1205.
We'll be talking about some of the efforts going on around Father's Day, including an event that I will be hosting, Black Fathers Rock!! Vol. II: A Hip-Hop/Spoken Word Tribute to Fatherhood on Fri., June 17th. Join us. If you know of any events coming up, spread the word to our listeners.
Come join us, as we honor the man that makes it possible DAD! We are asking for everyone to call in. We would LOVE to hear from anyone who like to shout out or give thanks to a father, grandfather, father figure in their lives. We would especially LOVE to hear from the female listeners/members and the children.
Our special guest including yourselves will be:
"E" the poet emcee
Kennenth Braswell (Fathers Incorporated)
**** PLEASE JOIN US, SHOULD BE A GREAT SHOW****
Peace family. On this past Sunday we celebrated the traditional Father's Day, and the National Day of Amnesty for Dads, which was a call for dads and moms to work to help reconnect dads to their children. We'll talk about the aftermath of this call, and talk about what factors keep fathers from being involved with their children. We'll also talk about what needs to be done to hold those responsible for fathers not being there accountable for their actions, all across the board.
We welcome poets from any and everywhere to slam their poems honoring fathers. Listeners may share special memories of their farhers on the air or simply listen as we pay tribute to those very special men, biological or not, who nurture and raise children on this open mic epjsode of Poetic Soul Talk Show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Straitway (18 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (11 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (8 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (7 chatters)
- ENERGY READER Brenda (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (4 chatters)
- The War Room (4 chatters)
- Universal Energy (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- Trek Talking (2 chatters)
- The Curvy Metalhead Show (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Eric Priest (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (2 chatters)
- Married 2 Change Radio (1 chatters)
- Above The Fray Podcast (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Prayer Line (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- State Run Radio (1 chatters)
- TRUradio (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (0 chatters)