SORT BY Relevancy
“Fatherless Sons & Daughters: Healing the Gap”
This episode of Hot Topics Talk Radio was inspired by Oprah Winfrey’s recent series, “Life Class - Fatherless Sons”.
Sadly, the United States leads the world in fatherless families, with one-third of American children growing up without their biological father. Nearly 40 percent of children in father-absent homes have not seen their dad during the past year, and more than half of all fatherless children have never been in their dad's presence or home.
If you had the opportunity to view Oprah’s “Fatherless Sons” episode, you would have witnessed the deep anger, hurt and emptiness that was so evident on the faces of the 150 men in her audience.
So with this sad fact of devastation created by the absence of fathers in the lives of their children, we felt it necessary to address this very sensitive topic, as it is the vehicle of healing the gap and brokenness of so many.
We are pleased and honored to have special guest, Dr. Chris L. Hickey, Phd., to help us address this very sensitive issue.
Listen or comment, live on-air by calling (646)200-3148. Or listen from your computer and join the chatroom conversation.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
9pm Pacific/ 11pm Central/ 12Midnight Eastern
oday on HELP! Relationships 102, we begin the process of taking a hard look at the state of today's African American sons! They have tragically filled our streets, our prisons, and our graveyards! 1 in 4 of all African American males is reported to have a police record!What's more— it is said that "Black-on-Black" crime is the number 1 cause of death among African American males.
How can this be??!!! What is at the root of this horrible travesty??!! More importantly, can anything be done??!!
Join us as we address the unaddressed issue of the endangered state of the African American sons!
in Self Help
There has been national discussions on our nation's fatherless that's mostly focused on healing. That's all dandy but if we don't focus on prevention the situation can only get worse.
This is the first of a few shows distinguishing what we have the adult right to do which has us in this situation and what grown decisions we must make to raise us up out of this situation.
If you've not already join us in the Grown Zone on our web site: GrownZoneA2Z.com, onTwitter, Facebook Instagram Google+
Real Life w/Real Talk invites you to join us for Season 4! With hosts D. Smith, Yarima Karama, Ms. Freak and Real Talk Tiff, get ready to go deeper than we've EVER gone before! Brace yourselves for Real Conversations with Real People! RLwRT is ALWAYS Real Talk!!!.
Peace and Blessings...
You asked and we responded! With all of the buzz around Oprah's two part series on Fatherless Sons, we had to switch our line up around to dive into this topic while it is still fresh. This is an epidemic that impacts each and every aspect of our lives, man or woman! Tonight, we bring the conversation closer to home. Join the Murchison Girls as we talk to men who were #FatherlessSons working hard not be be" sonless fathers" and "daughterless dads"! We also want to hear from you! Tonight! www.blogtalkradio.com/sistersealtalk Call in line 646-478-3270 #SistersRealTalk
A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to watch the Life Class with Iyanla Vanzant and Oprah Winfrey. It brought tears to my eyes as I watched those men who never experienced true fatherhood and women who were without a daddy growing up.
For this very reason, many of our men do not know how to connect with women or their own children. Many of our young women begin the search for love to fill a void that was created by not having a daddy in the household.
So now, what do we do with all these holes, the void, the abandonment and depression that so many feel.
How do our men begin to fill the void? How do our women begin to know what love really is? I mean, the first experience should be a father's love...right?
Tonight, we want to talk with you about it, allow you to share your experience and hopefully help those who are searching....searching for something that they don't even know is missing.
How is everyone? This simply is a redo show because I want to have a perfect audio version of what I feel to be one of 9MindsSacred Sisterhood best call in recap shows. People are downloading certain shows from IT. So I want there to be a good version in the archives worthy of purchasing. The intent is to continue taking calls from Black men about the questions I asked in the; Why are Black men invisble show but the audio highlights ended taking up the entire 2hrs. I can't set 3hr shows until my FTP is up. Will try and keep as close to the orignal as possible but there will be some slight tweaks and adjustments here and there. Will do my best to remain calm and cuss less but sometimes when the Ancestors speak thru me, they make me (turn up). lol Again I will spend the Most time on mr. contradiction aka Peter from PA. Since he feels so strongly that everything that Black men aren't doing or can't do is somehow our fault even though the historical imperial evidence doesn't reveal that to be so. Peter threw himself and BM collectively under the bus the more he sought to explain our condition. But I think shows like First 48 have shown us that Black males seem to have developed a SNITCH gene in their DNA so the Sisterhood should not find this shocking. Why Black men need to find FAULT in Black women? Well that's the purpose of the 9Mind Sacred Sisterhood show. To EXPOSE malicious propaganda being spread by the secret order of the he/she brotherhood (lgbt community) to our impressionable and in most cases (fatherless) sons about Black females designed to steer them into the arms and beds of non Black females and of course, THEM as well.
GET A PROPHETIC WORD THROUGH WORSHIP. JOIN ME DAILY FOR PROPHETIC WORSHIP. IN THE END DAY GOD WILL POUR OUT HIS SPIRIT UPON ALL FLESH AND YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY! HOSTED BY PROPHETESS ALLYSSA NARVAEZ, AUTHOR 30 DAYS OF DREAMS AND VISIONS, PASTOR OF ONLINE INTERNET CHURCH, MIRACLE NETWORK CHURCH. www.AllyssaNarvaez.com
TAG# JESUS CHRIST SALVATION PROPHECY CHRISTIAN CHRISTIANITY PROPHETIC PROPHET GOSPEL MUSIC CHURCH GOD
Fat Man. Little Boy. Chernobyl. Three Mile Island. Bikini Atoll. Gennady Golovkin's ledger. All have been vaporized and forever tainted. What is it, exactly, that Golovkin carries in his fists? Dynamite? Adamantium? Anvils? The Ghost of Tom Joad? Hyperbole aside, Golovkin is tearing through the ranks at 160 lbs. -- what you'd expect any middleweight badass with a point to prove. Golovkin's obliteration of Daniel Geale was impressive, even if Bryant Jennings' win over Mike Perez was not. This week on TQBR Radio, Bad Left Hook's James Foley and Patrick Connor of Queensberry Rules turn the GGG hype up a notch and fawn all over one of the podcast's favorite sons. Also on the agenda, a preview of Brandon Rios vs Diego Chaves and Sergey Kovalev vs Blake Caparello. Thanks for tunint in!
(Photo: Joe Camporeale)
Ms. Verna V. Nickelberry, mother of two sons and the grandmother of two little boys, Zion Truth Oliver and Israel Jadon Oliver, is a graduate of Northside High School and LeMoyne-Owen College located in Memphis, TN. Ms Nickelberry has completed classes toward a master degree in Theologies at Jacksonville Theological Seminary.
Ms. Nickelberry is the founder and editorial director of ORDINARY PEOPLE MAGAZINE (OPM).
ORDINARY PEOPLE magazine is the result of a God given assignment which Ms Nickelberry received in the 2005 but wasn’t birth until March of 2008.
“When God gave me the assignment I was excited and reluctant to take on such a huge task. I had no experience in this type of work. I didn’t know where to start, nor did I have the funds. So, I put it off for about two months, this only made the voice of God louder in my ear. I started in the fall of 2005, but was met with some obstacles and once again I stopped. On October 18, 2007, the voice of God spoke, “saying it was time to start on the magazine again.” And once again I had do idea as to where to start and no funds. I began to research the start up cost of producing a magazine. After weeks of spending nights on the internet, praying, and having conversations with God, things began to fall into place. It was then that I realized that this was not my idea, but God’s idea. Ordinary People magazine is not my magazine but God’s magazine, I am but the vessel used to carry out the mission that He has given me charge of.” ---Verna V Nickelberry
We, the adults, have allowed the insanity of crime and prison conviction of youth to become an accepted part of Urban life. For too many young men, jail has become like a rite of passage. Unfortunately, it creates a cycle of poverty and broken families and fatherless children an more gang crime. What will it take to end the cycle and regain control of our families? Prison reform activist Queen Mother Rev. Helen Sinclair and peace activist and former candidate for Illinois Governor Tio Hardiman discuss strategies for crime prevention and rehabilitation of convicted youth
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (50 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (37 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (32 chatters)
- SHRAonair (18 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (16 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (13 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (13 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (6 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (6 chatters)
- FFToolbox (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- Cubanarama (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (4 chatters)
- PASOS (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (4 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- 63289 (3 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (3 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- TimBinnall (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (2 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (2 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Chocolate 108X1XThe Urban Jazz Conn (0 chatters)