SORT BY Relevancy
Claire Conner returns to MOMochat to talk about the alarming inroads the radical right has made into the Republican party, Congress and statehouses around the country. Claire is the author of Wrapped in the Flag, a memoir of growing up in a family of John Birch Society leaders.
"The John Birch Society does influence many right wingers," says Claire.
Claire says that a helpful Birch Society research assistant provided her with background materials for her book. "She told me that the Society has had the largest growth in its history since Barack Obama's campaign."
MOMocrats Karoli and Donna Schwartz Mills host the political discussion from the progressive point of view. Produced by Engender Media Group.
The world seems to be at a standstill. It is scary and the more frightened we are the easier it is to cling to extremism.Dr. Gary Penn explores this dynamic. He tries to find a way towards a rational position, within individuals and nations. How we understand problems between our inner circle mirrors how nations deal with how nations deal with issues between other nations. and between.
What is it that triggers genocide done in the name of “patriotism” or religion?
We’re honored to have Cherie McGinn, an extraordinary educator who has specialized in AP European History and Comparative Religions, join us during the first hour of the show. Cherie will enlighten us about historic tragedies, with a focus on the Armenian genocide that took the lives of 1.5 million Armenians, mostly Christian.
We will also identify the steps that allow people -- like religious practioners, homosexuals, intellectuals and other groups -- to become victims of genocide.
In the second hour, we'll address the religious right's argument that marriage equality will lead to legalized plural marriages.
Philosopher Troy Bowles grew up in a fundamentalist Mormon polygamous cult and because of his experience and education, is in a unique position to show why the gay marriage/polygamy argument is nonsense. Joining us with a cult perspective is Rob Robinson.
Due to space limitations here on BlogTalk, we cannot include the full bios and show information here. Please visit GodDiscussion.net for more information.
The new right-wing extremism that FoxNews not only doesn't report but fuels with the lies, half-truths and partisan rhetoric...and that's news? The terror threat from the right is far more dangerous than the pantie-waists on the left will ever be able to muster. No, really, Bush REALLY is the reason that Iraq is blowing up...not really, Bush was too stupid it was the 3 stooges of evil; Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfson. Addicted to gambling...wanna bet. And finally, the idiot that overs-tayed her welcome, Michelle Bachmann speaks out against Elizabeth Warren...are you kidding.
“Beliefs divide us, values unite us. Fight violence with values.”
Godless – Living a Valuable Life beyond Beliefs is Jeff Rasley’s 8th book and it is
- A value-based counter-attack against religious fanaticism and political gridlock.
- A critique of fundamentalism and ideological politics and a remedy for what ails the Church and the political order.
- A middle way between orthodoxy and atheism to save religion in the advancing age of unbelief and a pragmatic approach to encourage political activism to counter apathy.
It shows how religious and political extremism can be defeated with pragmatism and positive values.
The book is available through Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P766NYO
Jeff Rasley is a retired lawyer, professor in the Honors Program at Butler University, organizes and leads Himalayan trekking expeditions, and is president of the Basa Village Foundation. His website is http://www.jeffreyrasley.com
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* In Oklahoma, a Muslim beheads his coworker. Is this just workplace violence or was Islamic extremism his religious motive?
* Interview with Dr. Everett Piper the President of Oklahoma Wesleyan University who has a positive message, teaching college kids about Jesus Christ.
Doing a little more current news/current events today and talking a lot about ISIS, the threat of radical Islam, and our complete disregard for God, for common sense, as we work and as our government works at every level in different places- federal but also state and local, to appease and bend over backwards for Muslims and other causes while actively ignoring, shunning, even targeting in some cases Christians. All the while having a president who makes a 5-10 minute speech before running off for his latest golf outing and trying to backdoor climate change agreements with the UN to tackle a fictious "threat" that even if it were real we wouldn't see the worst of it maybe in many of our lifetimes. All I have to say is that it's an interesting time we're living in and a pretty much useless government, useless president, and useless politically correct liberals that we're looking to for "salvation". Wrong headed all the way around. That's at 4:30 Eastern and archived afterward.
Islamic extremists have intermediate political goals which they believe will pave the way for the global implementation of Sharia. One of these goals is the removal of non-Muslim military forces from Muslim lands and the overthrow of “enemy” regimes. Acts of Islamic extremism includes terrorism, human rights abuses, the advancement of Sharia based governance, bigotry towards non-Muslims, Jews, Homosexuals, Atheists, all other religions and rival Muslims and overall hostility to the West. Yet, The United States allows radical Turkish citizens to enter the country and pays their way through college, while American students can not pay for education and are not adequately funded.
in The Bible
This week Elijah and co-hosts Steve and Howard discuss the widespread signs that are connected to that character first exhibited by Lucificer and since spread to his "ministers of righteousness" 2Co 11:5. Those religious "leaders" who seek occasion for their own personal glory and exaltation. Men (and women) who want to raise their position to a place of praise and popularity, to be loved by men and served by them (worshipped). It's a clear mark of Satan and one that has been honed to a razor edge over the last 2,000 years. But now... is operating on such a large scale it boggles the mind.
Ambassador Francis Rooney contends that Pope Francis and the Holy See are most suited to weigh in diplomatically to help build an international alliance opposed to Islamic extremism. He argues that Pope Francis is now aggressively continuing the work begun by Pope Benedict to devise theological and philosophical constructions to bring Islam at large into accord with the modern world—and to promote a climate of peaceful coexistence and mutual respect among different religious groups. This work is just beginning—but it’s absolutely critical to defeating the threat posed by radical Islam.
Tags: Pope Francis, Ambassador Rooney, Islam, Holy See, Pope Benedict, diplomacy, soft power, ISIS, Obama
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (491 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- reactionariez (20 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (17 chatters)
- Straitway (14 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- 65261 (3 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Michigan United Broadcast (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)