SORT BY Relevancy
The Total Tutor Neil Haley will interview Laurie Endicott Thomas Author of Not Trivial.
Not Trivial explains why the sight-word method keeps being used, despite the harm that it does to children. If you need a schoolteacher to participate in the discussion, my friend Don Potter (www.donpotter.net), who has a wealth of experience in bilingual primary education, can describe how effectively he uses phonics instruction for curing dyslexia.
it has been obvious since the 1840s that using the sight-word method of teaching reading is a disaster. Some children who are subjected to this method figure out the English phonetic system on their own. (I taught myself to read by studying the spelling of the rhyming words in Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham.) Those who don’t figure it out on their own remain functionally illiterate. On this page (http://www.not-trivial.com/dyslexia.html), I show how the opening paragraph of a simple childr
It's that time of year again. Time to fend off the bullshit, and be all about the truth! That's where I come in! Fred Akshar wants to be about the people, I'll be certain to get him on the air. He can cut a tree, hang with his family, and did some undercover work with the Sherrif's Office. Great! Awesome! Wanna run some ideas for the next 4 years by me? We need some idea about HOW you want to make things better, not how you've done in the past... (Drinks up to then, by the way). Tell me how my business is better off here tomorrow, not how you helped me out years ago. (despite my appreciation) You come to me for the truth, I'll give you what I have!
I think I said it all. Manpower are bigots, and support bigots, in their laptop testing division. He was asked to keep quiet, until today...! Hey, Larena, John, and James; what do you find funny now?!?!? Oh, I have stories.... All in due time....!
With even more Millennials and young people between the ages of 18 and 34 returning home to live with older parents, there are all kinds of issues that arise around expectations, assumptions and stages of life.
According to a recent Fortune Magazine article, the share of younger adults living at home has increased from 24% to 26% over the last 5 years, while the number of young adults living independently has decreased by two percentage points from 69% to 67%. (The Pew Research Center Study)
While there has always been a population of younger adults living with their parents, this has become more acute since 2008, leading to the term “boomerang kids.” (Financial Literacy Tips for Boomerang Kids)
There are three actionable tips that both younger adults—and their older adult parents—can do to make this situation less conflict prone:
• Discuss and establish expectations early
• Address issues on an adult-to-adult level, rather than on a child-to-adult level
• Focus on individual situations as they happen, rather than attaching them to a family history, or a shared set of experiences that may no longer be relevant
Jesan Sorrells is the principal conflict engagement consultant at Human Services Consulting and Training (HSCT) based in Endicott, NY.
HSCT focuses on delivering solutions in the area of conflict communication and leadership through coaching, workshops, trainings and seminars for higher education organizations, nonprofits, small businesses and individuals.
IBM toxic pool defies cleanup
TOM WILBER, Special to the Press & Sun-Bulletin 1:37 p.m. EDT April 5, 2015
A remedy for a concentrated pool of solvents directly under the manufacturing site where at least 1,500 people still work may take years to find.
(Photo: Jeff Platsky / staff photo)
The contaminated hot spot lies under an area the size of eight village blocks.
Situated over and near the source area, and blocking access to cleanup, are dozens of buildings.
To date, nearly 70,000 gallons of solvent %u2014 more than 40 tons %u2014 have been pumped from the ground.
ENDICOTT – After 35 years, IBM Corp. contractors have stanched the flow of industrial solvents into a commercial and residential district in the heart of the village, but they have yet to find a solution for the source of the problem at the company's former flagship manufacturing plant.
Officials recently reported that efforts to intercept and remove the subterranean flow of hazardous chemicals coming from the industrial complex — now owned by Huron Real Estate Associates — have been successful. Consequently, health risks to a nearby neighborhood have been eliminated.
Yet they have no remedy for a concentrated pool of solvents directly under the manufacturing site, where at least 1,500 people still work. Full story: http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/2015/04/05/ibm-tce-issues/25302109/
Manpower, Vestal, NY, sucks the big, fat, discrimination card. Let me in there for ONE day! I'd have the entire business begging for mercy! IBM, Huron, Geodis.... My apologies! It's all Manpower and the scumbags they protect!
I'm Sooooooo tired of this shit.... I want to show you all how culpulable these governments are, and yet I'm tied by the fear of recidivisim. I refuse to be a satisic, and yet, I fear it as a tool our system uses. I know so much, and yet need to keep it to myself.... Denying the populice I've sworn to inform....
I drove cab back in the day, 20 years ago. I'd do it again if DSS would let me, but.... That's another show. Lol This woman embodies what is, and was happened here in the area! And, trust me, there was was no idea this was on the record! But I'm not a, "real", reporter, so on/off record...? Who the fuck cares?!?!?!?! Lol
Somebody please tell me, how can shit suck so much from so many shit-suckers?!?!?
I can't even believe I'm rebroadcasting such filth and stupidity! Barton and company.... All idiots!
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (115 chatters)
- NTEB GOSPEL RADIO BROADCAST (84 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (28 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (12 chatters)
- Bigfoot Ground Zero (12 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Witch School (9 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (8 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (6 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- NDB Media (6 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (6 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Mike Warner Tennessee Watchman (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (1 chatters)
- The Dog Doctor (1 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (1 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (1 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (1 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)