SORT BY Relevancy
Working Together to End Elder Abuse: A Conversation Among Anti-Violence Advocates
This conversation will include the voices of advocates from the National Latin@ Network, the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life, the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence and Equinox, Inc. Presenters will share their strategies for observing WEAAD and promoting ongoing practices to end elder abuse in the context of family violence.
Hosted by Marti Oakley & Debbie Dahmer
Elder Abuse Awareness Day
The elderly in America have been targeted for exploitation by professional predators calling themselves "guardians,attorney's, probate judges, social service agencies and agents. Everybody has their hands in the pie as the estate is looted..... all to benefit the ward, of course.
Our guests: -
Joseph Roubicek - Elderly Criminal Exploitation
Gianna Nicoletti- Elder Abuse Resident
Patrice Gilgan - Gerald's Story- Father was a victim of Elder Abuse
Don Janke - Elder Abuse Resident
Marisa Conover -Mother was a victim of Felony Elder Abuse
Marian Hollingsworth - Father was a victim of elder abuse.
Carole Herman - Founder and President of FATE - Foundation Aiding the Elderly
Deirdre Gilbert- Dickson, National Director of National Medical Malpractice Advocacy
Financial elder abuse is on the rise in California. People are living longer due to advances in science, medicine, health, fitness and nutrition. At the same time, "seniors" (those over 65 years of age - which is still relatively "young" if you think about it) are some of the sole survivors of the "mortgage meltdown" and they are oftens the victims of financial fraud and "elder abuse." This husband and wife podcast discusses what elder abuse is, how to spot it, and the types of legal claims we handle as a California financial elder abuse law firm.
Common perpetrators of financial elder abuse
1. Attorneys (these professionals are in a position of "trust" and "confidence" and can unduly influence, coerce, misinform and cause seniors to make very bad financial decisions that can affect real estate, and stock portfolios). Attorney malpractice is another common claim in this area. We have seen "counseling" that has resulted in the loss of substantial equity in residential and commercial real estate estate.
2. Car dealerships (Car dealerships can try to "steal your trade" or engage in "bait and swtich advertising" or sock you away in a car loan that
5. Family (kids who see their parents as easy targets).
6. Mortgage brokers (lenders and loan officers can sock a senior away - and take exorbitant loan fees - to steer an elder into an unconscionable predatory loan (ex. a negative amrotization or "option arm loan") or fail to advise as to the advisability (or non-advisablity) of a reverse mortgage. These fees can be "taken" in bad faith resulting in serious daamges to an elder.
THE GEORGE WILDER JR.
ELDER ABUSE IN AMERICA.
THINGS IN THE NEWS.
AND A LOT MORE.
Many elderly adults are abused in their own homes, in relatives’ homes, and even in facilities responsible for their care. If you suspect that an elderly person is at risk from a neglectful or overwhelmed caregiver, or being preyed upon financially, it’s important to speak up. Join us as we discuss the warning signs of elder abuse, the risk factors, and how you can prevent and report the problem.
Elder financial abuse is being called the fastest growing area of crime in America. And it may be happening in your family, if you aren't paying attention to a caregiver -- or a relative -- who, under the guise of being helpful, is syphoning off an elderly person's life savings.
This issue no doubt affects seniors across all socio-economic groups, cultures and races. It is a major problem that is expected to grow dramatically with the aging of our population. We are delighted and honored to be joined by Carolyn Rosenblatt, an expert on the topic, to help us protect our parents or loved ones as well as equip us with tools to spot the red flags that exploitation is happening.
Stay tuned for fresh and insightful ideas on what it means to age with dignity and live your best life as an elder or caregiver today. Life is a Sacred Journey airs Thursdays at 5pm PDT.
When you are involved as a Plaintiff in a financial elder abuse case in California, you need to understand the pre-judgement writ of attachment process. This legal procedure allows you to go after the assets of one or more defendants and levy personal and real property BEFORE the case is over if the judge approves and signs the order of attachment. This real estate law podcast discusses this interesting concept that every litigator should be aware of.
Once the writ of attachment issues, or before, the Plaintiff will need to consider posting a civil bond. Attorney Steve discusses this requirement. The writ of attachment is a powerful tool that can potentially facilitatie early settlement in financial elder abuse cases involving:
1. Car, boat and RV dealerships
2. Real estate brokers, agents, salespersons, and realtors
3. Predatory attorneys and law firms (ex. real estate lawyers, estate planning attorneys, etc.)
4. Insurance brokers
5. Financial planners
6. Stock brokers
7. Caretakers and family members that abuse power of attorney
These are just a sample of the types of case where seeking a pre-judgment writ of attachment might help you win your lawsuit.
Listen in as Attorney Steve discusses. Feel free to share this podcast on your social media networks.
To have your case reviewed contact (877) 276-5084 or visit SeniorCareAttorneys.com
One in 10 older Americans experience abuse each year.
This number increases to 1 in 2 when the person has dementia.
Elder abuse occurs in both homes and facilities and occurs in many forms including financial, sexual, physical and psychological abuse as well as neglect
Even though these statistics are frightening it helps us to understand that the problem is more prevalent than we think, and urges us to get educated about the issue.
Join host Tami Neumann as she sits down in conversation with Eric Moldenhauer, senior advocate and owner of ComForcare in Valporasio, Indiana.
They will talk abou what causes Elder Abuse, the Warning SIgns and Who are the people that abuse.
Learn more about Eric by visiting his website.
Stay informed of what is coming up on Conversations In Care by signing up for our newsletter.
THE GEORGE WILDER JR. SHOW.
THINGS IN THE NEWS.
AND LOTS MORE.
As our loved ones age, many factors such as physical illness, diminishing mental capacity, and dementia can make them vulnerable to neglect, abuse, and exploitation by caregivers, family members or others. There are a number of Illinois laws and mechanisms in place to prevent and respond to these types of elder abuse. In this podcast, attorney Heather Walser will explore: (1) the options available to help prevent these types of elder abuse, and (2) the steps you should take if you suspect that a friend or loved one has been the victim of elder abuse.
Join me as Attorney Al Lanuto, and Marcia Southwick of Boomers Against Elder Abuse talk with us about the other side of elder abuse. While the majority of abuse occurs at the hands of professional predators in the system, there is always the spectre of abuse and financial exploitation at the hands of a family member or friend. When it does, it is the wedge used by professionals to insert themselves into the estate.
We will be talking about how and why this occurs and how to recognize early signs of the exploitation that may be just beginning.
Please be advised that Mr. Lanuto CAN NOT, and WILL NOT give individual legal advice during this episode. We will not be discussing any specific cases.
Calls will be taken in the last half hour.
As the demographics in the U.S. continue to increase in numbers of the elderly, the potential for Elder Abuse increases as well even though crime statistics tend to reflect older adults are unliekly to become victims of violent crime. The highest percentage of crime against persons 65 yuears of age or older is property crime. Thefts against older adults are about 1:5 crimes committed as compared to 1:33 for people aged 12 to 49. Growing old is sometimes hallmarked by greater vulnerability and we do not have reliable statistics on crimes against older adults that go back very far. This show will highlight crimes against the elder.y and include information on defining Elder Abuse, explaining adult protective services, addressing the categories of abuse most commonly found, and relate all of these to Family Abuse as well as Institutional Abuse.
This training program is a public service of The American Public Safety Training Institute.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (31 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (6 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (5 chatters)
- Theresa J Morris (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- Daddy G (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (4 chatters)
- American Network (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio Ministries (3 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- Closer Encounters (2 chatters)
- Ministry Of Agriculture (2 chatters)
- Sayinitplain (2 chatters)
- SpidermanRadio (2 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (1 chatters)
- 924 Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (1 chatters)
- EverythingDMV (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)