SORT BY Relevancy
Birmingham, Alabama - the Magic City - saw events and courageous people who played a central role in the Civil Rights struggle. World Footprints goes on a walking tour through history along the Civil Rights Heritage Trail as we step onto the grounds where African Americans confronted Jim Crow era voilence with non-voilent civil disobedience. We will also explore Kelly Ingram Park and Birmingham's 4th Avenue Business District and discuss the time when segregation made this the city's "Little Harlem".
Brimingham is also known for it's rich musicial traditions and we'll pay homage to two iconic musical figures: Henry "Gip" Gipson whose 'juke joint' is the last standing music venue of it's kind in Alabama. Gip's Place has welcomed musicians from all over the world and every Saturday music lovers travel miles for an all-night music tailgate party on a "Sanford and Son" style lot. We will also introduce Dr. Frank Adams, Sr., a charter member of the Alabama Hall of Fame, who regaled us with stories of his life, a musical set and his time playing with greats like Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington. Sadly, Doc Adams passed away only one month after our meeting with him. We are honored to showcase his music throughout today's show.
As a side note, our trip to Birmingham was a very pleasant surprise. We highly recommend a visit to Birmingham, Alabama. There's a lot waiting for visitors to discover in the city "where freedom lives".
Cosmic Vision News – 21NOV15 - Show Summary With Links
GOOGLE + : http://bit.ly/1cabQ45
BEESWAX PRODUCTS: http://purebeeworks.com/ DISCOUNT CODE (10%) FOR PURCHASES: GAO12
1. G20 ROUND-UP . ( 0:56 MARK)
2. UKRAINE AND EUROMAIDAN - ONE YEAR LATER. ( 07:46 MARK )
3. FRANCE WILL NOT SIGN TPP AGREEMENT. ( 20:01 MARK )
4. UNDERSTANDING MIDDLE EAST TENSIONS: AN INTERACTIVE MAP. ( 25:50 MARK )
5. UPCOMING JAPAN ELECTION - AN END TO THE BANKING CABAL IN THAT COUNTRY? ( 27:24 MARK )
6. UK PARLIAMENT COMMITTEE DISCUSSES MONEY CREATION. ( 30:30 MARK )
7. IRAN LAUNCHES LARGEST GOLD PROCESSING FACILITY IN THE MIDDLE EAST. ( 35:52 MARK )
8. UKRAINE CENTRAL BANK: “WHERE DID OUR GOLD GO?” ( 39:43 MARK )
9. POLICING AND THE POLICE STATE IN NORTH AMERICA ( 49:54 MARK )
10. PRESIDENTIAL VOLKSWAGEN RECEIVES ONE MILLION DOLLAR OFFER. ( 59:12 MARK )
11. UFOLOGY CONFERENCE IN ARGENTINA: LIFE ON MARS. ( 65:41 MARK )
12. ELECTRIC AND ALTERNATIVE FUEL VEHICLES. ( 80:49 MARK )
13. UNHEALTHY SLEEP CONDITIONING. ( 91:00 MARK )
14. POSSIBLE HEALING FOR MIGRAINES. ( 96:06 MARK )
15. FINAL WORDS: ‘GIVE MORE’. ( 97:50 MARK )
Our guests this week are Russ and Cindy Varney. The Varney’s home port is St. Petersburg, Fl, and they’ve been AGLCA members since 2009. Russ and Cindy completed their Loop in 2010 on their 46’ Heritage East, Ladybug. Russ has been cruising the west coast of Florida for more than 55 years. Today, he’ll share his thoughts on crossing the Panhandle, how to make that tough decision, alternate towns to cross to and things to do if the weather isn’t cooperating for your crossing.
Join the conversation as we discuss the Fort Lauderdale Homeless drama, the push to ban blue garbage bags in the city of Plantation, the latest Broward Republican Party debate, UBER vs Broward County, the District 2 Broward County Commission election, Black Friday/Gray Thursday Thamksgiving controversy, NFL football, college football, Norman Fell, Scandal, Florida Republicans, Florida Democrats, Food Not Bombs, Miami Heat, Dale Holness, Grey's Anatomy, University of Miami. Florida State, College Football Playoff, Jameis Winston, Obamcare, Gruber, tea party, progressives and much much more
Inspired by Jon Schaffer, creator of Sons of Liberty Music project and Iced Earth, and by Peter Neise, teacher and researcher of the federal government corporation, this program is intended to educate about the true system which has usurped the republic of the united States of America over the past 100 years.
2013 is dedicated to continued detailed study of the US of A vs. the US. You will learn the roots of the martial law territorial system from the District of Columbia, masquerading as the federal government of the United States. This usurper has led to the tyranny, madness and debt destroying the freedom of American society. One must educate ones self before you can learn how to be and stay a free live human being, as our founding fathers intended. Join me if you dare.....
This Week on the Show......
We are on the Road to WrestleCade & what better traveling partner than WrestleCade Promoter Tracy Myers!! We'll talk about the wrestlers, the venue, & what it takes to put on an event of this scale.
While most of you are counting down to Christmas, Sage Sin "The Pumpkin Queen" is counting down to Halloween? We'll talk to this exciting Indy Wrestler about Women's Deathmatch Wrestling & much more!!!
Wednesday Night LIVE on Blog Talk Radio at 7pm EST
We are on iTunes!
Overseas Listeners our stream can be heard at: www.fnxnetwork.com
Support Our Partner & Buy Our Shirt at www.sslclothing.com
Tune in tonite Rainbow Radio has a special guest co host LIVE the one and only CHOPPA LOCKA !!!! A great Artist, Actress, and entertainer..... Choppa has a strong role on the web series DISTRICT HEAT and has a Blazin Music Career .... call in at 6467878636 to talk to Taz & Choppa!!!!
At what point and time do you do what's best for the team instead of pleasing a maniacal owner? Answer: When you're the Washington Redskins and your overall record is 3-7! Jay Gruden is stuck between pleasing Dan Gilbert or starting the better man for the job. In a district known for its politics, the Redskins are definitely at the top of the political mountain when it comes to drama. Join Ed Lindsay and Kevin Hill as they discuss week 11's action and the fiasco that is the Washington Redskins organization.
The 2014 Convocation keynote speaker was Stetson University double-degree alumna Judge Simone Marstiller. She welcomed incoming and returning students with a talk about Stetson University's positive influence on her life. Stetson, she said, is not just an academically outstanding institution of higher learning, it is a community and a family. "Stetson will nurture you, change you and prepare you for the path that is uniquely yours," she said.
Background on Judge Marstiller:
Born in Monrovia, Liberia, Judge Marstiller earned her Bachelor of Business Administration from Stetson University in DeLand, Fla., and her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Stetson College of Law in Gulfport, Fla.
In 2010, then-Governor Charlie Crist appointed Judge Marstiller to the First District Court of Appeal. Her varied legal career, which began in 1996, has been exclusively in service to the State of Florida.
Judge Marstiller was serving as executive director for the Florida Elections Commission when she was appointed to the appellate court in 2010. She oversaw the investigation and prosecution of complaints filed with the commission and was the chief administrative officer for the agency.
Prior to that, then-Attorney General Bill McCollum appointed Judge Marstiller associate deputy attorney general for the State of Florida in 2007. She served on the executive management team for the Office of the Attorney General, while serving as the agency’s general counsel. She was responsible for overseeing four agency divisions, including the Civil Rights and Opinions Divisions.
A riveting crime story always keeps my attention. First time author, Stephen J. Resnick has written The 45 Stitch Rule, a fictional account of events facing members of the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office during a particular week in August of 1974. The book details the good, the bad, and the ugly side of dealing with the victims and perpetrators of crime in Brooklyn. The author also offers a look at the humorous side to criminal proceedings such as The Best Free Night Show In Town also known as Night Court (recall that TV show and you get the idea).The story begins on a Sunday morning, as Assistant District Attorney, Alan Stone, is contacted by an NYPD patrolman seeking help on a problem with a confessed axe murderer. The story follows Stone through the week, as he investigates and prosecutes serious and frivolous crimes, and finds love in an unexpected place. It’s a tough week for ADA Stone and the NYPD and includes plenty of murder and mayhem with a cast of richly drawn characters. The action takes place in Brooklyn but there are sidelines in Bordentown and Hightstown, NJ. The title of the book, The 45 Stitch Rule, had me wondering until the significance was explained. It seems there are many unwritten rules that guide law enforcement in their daily grind of dealing with too many criminals in an overloaded justice system. Think plea bargaining. This book is fiction, but author Stephen J. Resnick definitely has the inside track. He spent many years as a prosecutor in NY and NJ, at county and state levels. He has prosecuted everything from street crime, organized crime, narcotics and such, to bribery, securities fraud, Medicaid fraud and environmental crimes. As a government attorney he has represented sitting judges and prosecutors. After the interview, please check out After Hours at Jersey Coastal Live.
The “featured” BlogTalkRadio program “Westchester On the Level with Narog and Aris” opens the Wednesday, November 19, 2014th broadcast day at 10 a.m. EST with Dr. Oren M. Levin-Waldman of the School for Public Affairs at Metropolitan College of New York in discussion over his most recent article, “A Program for the Middle Class”.
At 11:00 a.m., Rising Media Group Editor Dan Murphy speaks to the latest news impacting Westchester County.
At about 11:30 a.m. we pivot for about 15 minutes onto the international headlines news with respect to its impact on onto the local and international news arena for the latest international news and its pertinence on the American scene.
Yonkers Downtown Business Improvement District Executive Director Dan Lipka shares highlights of the latest events taking place along Yonkers waterfront.
Hezi Aris is your host today.
Your participation is shamelessly solicited. Consider sharing your comments, your perspectives, or ask a question or two. Be heard! Place your call to (347) 205-9201. You are only asked to please stay on topic. Listen live or on demand.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (456 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (333 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (22 chatters)
- Black Author Network (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (20 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (15 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (14 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (11 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (10 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- David Coney (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (6 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- LCS (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (3 chatters)
- Chris Doelle (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- LJT Radio (1 chatters)
- Ms Blue (1 chatters)
- Bible Smack Radio (1 chatters)