SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
With a vast amount of resources at everyone's disposal to assist each and every one of us in our difficult emotional journeys through life, why do so many of us still live unhealthy emotional lives? There is no simple answer to that question and it is the reason I do the shows I do on A Fine Time For Healing.
We all use defense mechanisms as a way to cope with life and its painful truths, distressing thoughts, and uncomfortable feelings. There are several defense mechanisms that we may employ, but denial is the one most commonly used to avoid acknowledging unacceptable realities.
Denial is not a bad thing when it is used to temporarily cope with tough situations. It only becomes a problem when we use it as a substitute for healthy coping skills over a long period of time.
The goal of today's show is to help you understand the many facets of denial. You will learn to recognize denial in yourself and others. By the end of this show you will have some tools to help you or someone you care about begin to stop living in denial and start living emotionally healthy lives.
in Self Help
Denial at it's most basic is saying something hasn't happened. It is extremely sick, and extremely powerful. It is the way that we can commit abuse and still live with ourselves. It allows us to continue being abusive by staying in the sick place, and by allowing us to hide our sickness from others so that we can maintain the abusive situation for a longer period of time.
We lie to others, and most devastatingly, we lie to ourselves.The major tactics we use in maintaining our denial are minimizing, rationalizing, and justifying. The effect of these tactics is to redefine what happened, what is acceptable, and what is harmful in such a way that ultimately any act, no matter how hideous, can be carried out.
Excerpt from: http://www.verbalabuse.com/
Between Barack and a Hard Place: Challenging Racism, Privilege and Denial in the Age of Obama
Uploaded on Apr 7, 2010
Celebrated anti-racism activist Tim Wise, author of Between Barack and a Hard Place: Challenging Racism, Privilege and Denial in the Age of Obama, will appear at Villanova University March 29 to share his insights and wit, and to issue challenging calls to actionObama
in Self Help
We understand the definitions below according to the Merriam Dictionary. However, there are times in an abusive relationship adapt to a place of "self-denial" be for various reasons.
1. We do not want to accept the fact that we are in an abusive relationship
2. My partner does not hit me as you see reported.
3. It is just a way of marriage...these are just a few and we are going to discuss others on the show. Join US!
a. A refusal to accept or believe something, such as a doctrine or belief.
b. Psychology An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.
Created to Encourage, Uplift and Inspire ALL women to be great! A FAB U organization empowers women to be all they can be mind, body & spirit. There is greatness inside of you, tap into it so that you can live a great life. Join Host Eboni Nicole this week as she taps into DENIAL...Am I in Denial, How to recognize it, take responsibility and move forward from it to create a better life for yourself.
We begin tonight's narrative with a discussion of the documentary "Gasland" which details how the modern extraction of natural gas is destroying huge amounts of the planet's fresh water supply and adding to the problem of greenhouse gasses and climate change. Evidence is presented that the energy companies, the politicians and large segments of the public continue to deny the clear and present danger of despoiling our land, air and water. Psychology has also little to say about this mass denial of what is in front of us as it continues to focus of problem of the individual and sometimes the family. We will discuss this problem beginning with Becker's two masterpieces (now denied and forgotten) "The Denial of Death" and "Escape from Evil."
Today on HELP! Relationships 102 we face the unfacable force of DENIAL! It can be alarming to realize that many, if not most of life's trials many of us are facing today is because of the issues and challenges we refused to face on our yesterdays! Who could have known that—that often small issue, could evolve into such a great problem??!!!
Join us as we address this unaddressed issue!
Psychological denial is a defense mechanism that is used by everyone at different times in their life to cope with an unacceptable reality. It becomes pathological when it persists for more than a brief time. Denial can either allows the user to come to grips with the pain by temporarily modulating it; or it can usher the user into fantasyland.
Tonight We shall present some recent examples of the fantasyland variety:
Today on HELP! Relationships 102, we confront, that which perhaps plays the biggest role in underminning our ability to deal with and solve some of the biggest challenges, enslaving and even imprisioning us, in this life!
Join us as we address this unaddressed issue!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (83 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (61 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (43 chatters)
- The Portal (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- SHRAonair (17 chatters)
- susun weed (17 chatters)
- FFToolbox (15 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (8 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (6 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (6 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (4 chatters)
- Rick Moran (4 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (4 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (3 chatters)
- 64403 (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (3 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- YPI Consultants LLC (1 chatters)
- Turn 5 LIVE (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- 4th Inches Show (1 chatters)
- 63289 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (0 chatters)
- Fulfilled Dynamics (0 chatters)