SORT BY Relevancy
John Farrell is the Director of Democratic Energy at the Institute for Local Self-Reliance. John is best known for his vivid illustrations of the economic and environmental benefits of local ownership of decentralized renewable energy.
He’s the author of Energy Self-Reliant States, a state-by-state atlas of renewable energy potential highlighted in the New York Times, showing that most states don’t need to look outside their borders to meet their electricity needs. He’s also written extensively on the economic advantages of Democratizing the Electricity System, published a rich interactive map on solar grid parity, and polished the policies (like Minnesota’s solar energy standard) necessary to support locally owned renewable energy development.
This week’s show
August 25th, 2014
Is the Democratic Party too timid
Last week I asked the questions If Rand Paul encroaching on Hillary Clinton’s turf. The question maybe should have been, what is Hillary Clinton’s turf? Is her turf the turf the Democratic Party once had? Is that what Hillary Clinton represents?
Many continue to believe it is crazy to take Rand Paul seriously. Many believe his past civil rights statements and faux pas made it impossible to take him as a serious presidential contender.
There is a vacuum. There is a populous vacuum in the country that needs to be filled. Elitist Liberals and rank and file Democrats as late as a few hours before this show continue to claim that America will never support a guy who wants to shrink government as Rand Paul does. To that I ask a specific question what happens if Americans believe that government to them has been ineffective? Why not try something different? I am just saying.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa and U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz square off this year to fill the last two years of the six-year term of powerful political icon Daniel K. Inouye, who died in 2012.
Both are popular Democrats who have enjoyed the support of many of the same voters in the past. Most of the polls published this year describe this race as too close to call in the Aug. 9 primary election Honolulu Magazine
U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa holds an edge over U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz in the Democratic primary for Senate, a new Hawaii Poll shows, and voters who prefer the congresswoman cite her legislative experience as the main reason.
Democratic Primary (Aug. 9) Honolulu Star-Advertiser Schatz 42, Hanabusa 50
In December of 1964, Dr. King traveled to Norway to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, and afterwards he began voicing his views on capitalism and socialism. In 1966, Dr. King made a trip to a SCLC staff meeting and he said the following: “Something is wrong with capitalism... There must be a better distribution of wealth, and maybe America must move toward a Democratic Socialism. In this episode, we will discuss why King criticized capitalism, and why he viewed democratic socialism as a better alternative.
Taxes are ridiculous, we have laid off troops in the field, and the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket. That’s just a few of the problems we face in this country, all while our President is either out spending millions of taxpayer dollars to attend fund raisers for the democratic party, or golfing. The world has stopped looking to the U.S. leadership and Putin is running amok. There just is not enough time to discuss all the moves that this president has made to achieve his goal to fundamentally change America, from a free market-driven society, to a socialist government driven society, where business and personal successes are punished for making profits. What do you think? Join Jimmy and Bernie Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 7:00PM EDT 6:00PM CDT for the next edition of Let’s Talk Justice America, on the Blog Talk Radio Network.
Janesville Community Radio is excited to bring to you the final debate of the 2014 primary season. Featuring the three candidates for the Democratic nomination for the 15th Wisconsin State Senate District: Janis Ringhand, Austin Scieszinski and Mike Sheridan. Live at 9 am CST on Monday, August 11th.
Follow JCR on Facebook by following Janesville Community Radio, and find JCR online at www.JanesvilleCommunityRadio.com.
GOP Gov. Tom Corbett losing to his Democratic opponent by 20% In a New Poll - It's a bad omen for the GOP, Nationally!
About 1,500 Florida Democratic Party delegates are meeting this weekend to prepare to support somebody to run against Scott next year. Former Republican Gov. Charlie Crist, the presumed frontrunner for the Democrats, said he would decide and announce Nov. 4. He and former state Sen. Nan Rich, whose been running for 18 months, schmoozed delegates in the corridors.
Congressional candidate Mitch Mallett will be on The Morning Edge, WWPR 1490 AM, www.1490wwpr.com , at 9:45am. Show starts at 9am
Please tune in as Rachel Marie, Eamon Donahue, and Mark Ortega interview Kesha Rogers. Kesha Rogers is in a run-off for U.S. Senate (Texas) for the Democratic Party.
Danita Tolson shares her thoughts on the June 24, 2014 Primary Election in Maryland. A candidate for the Central Committee, Tolson shares her background with an emphasis on education and health. She speaks candidly about getting the entire community together for the sake of making a difference. Tolson is also interested in making sure young people have a viable opportunity for any and all resources available. Further, she is committed to being a part of the solution - regardless of how hard it is. She said that being a single mom, she wants the best for her child and all people's children.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (152 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (40 chatters)
- thelordshour (34 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (14 chatters)
- Atheists On Air (14 chatters)
- 64452 (13 chatters)
- Straitway (11 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (9 chatters)
- Bellesprit (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (7 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (7 chatters)
- Truf Bros (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Dr C Robert Jones III (6 chatters)
- Autistic People (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (4 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (4 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The Get Heard Network (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- DPRPresents (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN MAGAZINE RADIO1 (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- WordBeat (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Apostle David (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (1 chatters)