SORT BY Relevancy
Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Join Grief Recovery Specialist, Audrey Pellicano R.N., CEO of www.wisewidow.com, and her expert guests in this series on death and dying, grief and loss, healing and hope. Sign up for the bi-monthly newsletter with expert advice on health and wellness http://wisewidow.com/newsletter.
Each day an estimated 155,000 people die. For every death, two to ten times as many people grieve. Join me and my guest Shirely Enebrad, Grief Recovery Specialist and author of Over the Rainbow, My Son's Journey from Here to Heaven as we discuss her most recent book Six Word Lessons on Coping with Grief. For her many years of work with pediatric cancer patients she received the Jefferson Award for Outstanding Public Service and the Angel of Hospice Award.
Guest John Lee Soap, Jr., Cherokee, and hostess Brenda Golden discuss grief and coping with loss. Tragically both have lost children in recent years and will share what it means to grieve, what is grief, is there a proper way to grieve, and most of all how to cope with grief. John has attained higher educational degrees in Counseling while working full time. He currently works as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Children are not supposed to die...Parents expect to see their children grow and mature. Ultimately, parents expect to die and leave their children behind...This is the natural course of life events, the life cycle continuing as it should. The loss of a child is the loss of innocence, the death of the most vulnerable and dependent. The death of a child signifies the loss of the future, of hopes and dreams, of new strength, and of perfection. - Arnold and Gemma 1994, iv, 9, 39
Death is an experience that is common to all mankind, an experience that touches all members of the human family. Death transcends all cultures and beliefs; there is both commonality and individuality in the grief experience. When a loved one dies, each person reacts differently. A child's death, however, is such a wrenching event that all affected by it express sadness and dismay and are painfully shaken.
Both John and Brenda are part of a White Bison recovery group. The Wellbriety path does not compete with A.A. or any other pathway of personal recovery, but instead enriches those pathways by embracing them within the web of Native American tribal histories and cultures. http://www.facebook.com/groups/117525848259894/
Healing after losing a loved one can be a challenging process. Join Let's Talk America with Host Shana Thornton on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm EST to witness a critical conversation about grief. The renowned Dr. Renee Sunday will be the exclusive featured guest. She will discuss her popular book, Sunday Grief M.D., which confronts death and healing. This show will educate us all. Tune in!
Are you grieving? Your initial response might be 'no', but consider this: We grieve about all sorts of things besides death and trauma.
We can grieve about loss of health or loss of a job, a divorce or major rejection, bullying, and more.
Today's guest is Deborah Campbell with Performance Psychology. We're going to be talking about coping with grief; how to recognize it in our lives, how gender can affect the grieving person, and other aspects of grief we might not ever have known.
We're also going to identify some of the WORST things you can do when you're trying to be supportive of a grieving person, and some of the BEST things you can do.
Plaid for Women radio is designed to be YOUR wise advisor.
We want to help you achieve your goals, gain influence, and be heard.
Every show, we bring your new ideas and ways of thinking to give you opportunities to change your life. You CAN live the life you've imagined!
GUEST CONTACT INFO:
Debra Campbell, MS, LMFT, LCDC
4801 Frankford Rd #300
Dallas, TX 75287
Dealing with grief and loss is something most people have to do sometime in their lives. Grief is a natural response to the loss of someone or something very dear to us. Losses that may lead to grief include the death or separation of a loved one, loss of a job, death or loss of a beloved pet, or any number of other changes in life such as divorce, becoming an "empty nester," or retirement. Anyone can experience grief and loss, but each person is unique in how he or she copes with these feelings. Some responses are healthy coping mechanisms, while others may hinder the grieving process. The acknowledgment of grief, time, and support facilitate the grieving process, allowing an opportunity for a person to appropriately mourn a loss and then heal.
Today Andre Ogburn and Kimberley Hart will discuss some of the coping mechanisms and help those who are grieving a lot or slipping into depression. Tune in today show and all are welcome to share some of your experience just reach out to the host at 646-716-6296. You can also write to Kimberley Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org
in Self Help
“Who’s going to carve the turkey this year now that Dad has died?”
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, Ramadan, Kwanza and New Year’s Day are annual holidays that can be a very difficult time for people who have experienced the death of someone loved. Holidays force us to realize how much our lives have been changed by the loss of our loved one. Particularly in the first year, many bereaved are left with having to develop new holiday rituals and traditions. Judy Brizendine, author of award-winning books, STUNNED by Grief and STUNNED by Grief Journal, will gently guide us through the chaos and confusion of coping with grief, especially during the Holidays, in a realistic, revealing, personal, and practical way.
Judy Brizendine--author, blogger, and speaker--is a woman with a passionate mission that developed as a result of a tragic loss. The statement, “Out of your deepest pain comes your greatest gift,” describes her experience.
Judy’s goal is to meet you wherever you are, and connect with you in such a way that you’ll know you can make it through this experience and discover a new sense of hope and direction.
Contact Information for Judy Brizendine:
Author of STUNNED by Grief and STUNNED by Grief Journal
P.O. Box 296
Lake Forest, CA 92609-0296
949.281.6933 (business phone)
IN LIGHT OF THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MASSACRE IN CT, YESTERDAY, COMES THE GRIEF.
HOW TO COPE BECOMES THE QUESTION
MY CHILDREN'S BOOK, "STAR ANGEL: MY BRIGHT SHINNING STAR" HELPS SMALL CHILDREN DEAL WITH THE LOSS OF A PARENT, SIBLING OR FRIEND. TO PURCHASE LOG ON TO
A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS FROM THIS BOOK GOES TO CHARITY.
in Self Help
There's a right way and a wrong way to deal with grief. And even with the very best coping skills, grief is still painful. The holidays can be very challenging for people who have recently lost someone near and dear to them.
Sometimes people never deal with the grief, and are still suffering years after a loved one has died. We can show you some techniques and ways of thinking through grief, so that you can reduce your suffering while still honoring the memory of the person you loved. Clarissa and Jennifer will discuss some right ways and wrong ways to deal with grief.
in Self Help
The only radio show dedicated to the issues of loss and grief.
This week's show will focus on grief and the adolescent. Whan a loss happens in a family it is important to realize that different members of the family grieve differently.
Because adolesence is a time of cognitive, emotional and social change for a teen, grief can be especially difficult.
Our conversation will look at ways teens can express their grief as well as how their expressions directly relate to the changes they are experiencing
The Maternal Manager opens up with interviewer Stephanie Nivinskus on the needs of today's moms. Moms are their own worst critics. Sometimes they need a dose of encouragement and a few coping tools to gain the confidence to become the moms they want to be. She discusses what a Mommy Coach is and why humor and light heartedness can help moms overcome some of the most difficult situations. Sometimes moms don't need the experts, they need another mom who has been there and can help them navigate the sea of motherhood without drowning in dispare.
Learn how to live ‘more life’ from a man who has had 3-near death experiences. Our guest will be Robert Kopecky, the author of “How to Survive Life and Death: A Guide for Happiness in This World and Beyond”. An Emmy-nominated art director for television, he will reveal what lives on the other side of our fears about dying and living. Visit him at http://RobertKopecky.blogspot.com
About Heavenly Encounters...
Do you believe that death is the end or is it just a new beginning ? Does our soul continue to evolve or is it buried six feet under? Spiritual encounters and unexplained phenomena have intrigued people for centuries, but what if you could find the answers, right here, right now.
Welcome to Heavenly Encounters, where we will talk with everyday people who have had extraordinary experiences and gifted souls that see beyond the veil.
Together, we’ll diminish our fear of death, explore our soul’s evolution and soften the crippling grief that accompanies loss.
We will discover a new world, a fresh reality, just a whisper away.
So take a deep breath…relax… and join hosts Mary Elizabeth and Janis Yakopovic on a journey to the Other Side.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (171 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (140 chatters)
- John Baptist (101 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- AlimBey (21 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (21 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (19 chatters)
- DDP Radio (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (14 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (9 chatters)
- Aquaman (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (8 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Your Psychic Connection (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (4 chatters)
- Littany (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- SR Forker (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- Odwirafo (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Live with Scott and Katie (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Sister2Sistah Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (1 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- illblogradio (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)