SORT BY Relevancy
Introduction to AIGA Connecticut.
Today we have Lisa Burns, Vice President of AIGA CT and Christian LoGrasso, Sponsorhsip and Membership Director who are joining us to talk about their involvement with the AIGA Connecticut Chapter.
If you are interested in joining the AIGA Connecticut community or want to participate with us in partnership please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Lean more about the AIGA Connecticut community please visit us on the web at http://connecticut.aiga.org
Technical note: The platform crashed about 12 minutes into the program, dead air and distorted portions have been deleted, but the conversation may not flow as well as we intended around this mark. ;-(
Police in Kiev attempted heavy handed tactics in an apparent attempt to bring Ukranian protests to an end. The attempt didn't go as well as police might have expected.
In Caracas, Venezuela, massive protests have also errupted. Perhaps living under a government where toilet paper is a scarce commodity gets old after a while.
And here in the U.S., there's a less showy, more underground form of protest that's receiving notice this week. Somewhere between 20,000 and 100,000 gun owners in Connecticut are said to have snubbed a new state requirement to register their gun mags and "military style" rifles.
They risk felony prosecution by so doing.
The Georgia House of Representatives this week joined the Georgia Senate in advancing a call for an Article V constitutional convention. We have an expanded segment in the second hour.
Don and Doug discuss these and other topics beginning at 1:00 pm EST on Friday. Your participation by phone or chat is invited.
Update: Georgia's House may take up the Convention of States proposal on Thursday. If it does, we'll have an update on Friday's program.
Hannibal ad portas, Hannibal is at the gates, Roman parents would tell their misbehaving children this, invoking their fear of Hannibal. We need to be doing the same thing now. Hannibal it seems, is at the gates again.
With the current push for gun consfication in Connecticut, we are entering into a very dangerous area. With almost 80% of the states firearm owners refusing to register their firearms and risking having the state start going door to door and confiscating folks arms the state is on the verge of a serious and dangerous situation.
Anti gunners yell about pro gun folks resistence to registering their firearms, but this is the exact scenario 2A folks fear. I would like to hear from listeners about their opinions of the current situation in Connecticut.
Call in number is 347-308-8790
Hope to see you there!
Juniper Network's Deen Thomchick visits with the Modern Network and shares highlights from her presentation on next-generation firewalls at the recent Connecticut Education Network (CEN) Conference. Next-generation firewalls offer full packet inspection, greater contrl and deeper levels of security.
"Slavery, Freedom and Reunion in a Colonial Connecticut Town" with Grant Hayter-Menzies, Daryl D'Angelo and Donald Roddy In June 1759, Norwich, Connecticut businessman Benajah Bushnell sold Guy Drock, a slave of African ancestry, to Sarah Powers, the Caucasian woman Drock had possibly married. Ironically, this deed freed Drock from Bushnell’s control but not from slavery. In March 2012, descendants of Guy and Sarah Drock and of Benajah Bushnell came together in Norwich for the first time in over two centuries. Drock descendants Daryl D’Angelo and Donald Roddy—who when they began their research years earlier did not know they had African ancestry, and Bushnell descendant Grant Hayter-Menzies—who thought only his Southern ancestors were slave owners—met to try to understand a legacy they did not know they shared. In the town where their past began, they sought to explore the personal impact of their ancestors’ intertwined histories, how the past has shaped them, their research and their interactions with one another today, and the relatively unknown institution of slavery in early New England.
Grant Hayter-Menzies is an internationally published biographer and journalist .
Daryl D’Angelo is a wife and mother, photographer and writer, and lives in a small town in southern New Hampshire.
Donald Roddy is a 78 year old retired Airline Pilot.
Another year of March Madness has come to an end. Tarvino and Cuervo will preview tonight's national title game between Kentucky and Connecticut. Join us at halftime as well on Weigh In Sports to talk about what we saw in the 1st half and what to look forward to in the 2nd half. Don't miss out!
2012 AIGA Connecticut Fellow Award Recipient, Pamela Williams
Pam Williams is a founding partner of Williams and House, an award-winning integrated communications practice, known nationally for its work in the world of design. A strong advocate for design and social change, Pam has served on the AIGA National Board and is an advisor to the Connecticut chapter. She was a key architect for the Design Ignites Change communications strategy and volunteers her time for a variety of social causes. Pam truly personifies the future of design with clear leadership and expansive thinking to create inspiring, sustainable ideas.
As gun control advocates cheered President Obama's call to action on gun violence, the White House began to weigh its options Monday on how to fulfill the president's vow to use all the power of his office to prevent future mass killings. The most likely initiatives following Friday's Connecticut school shooting — efforts to tighten gun show sales, for example, or to reinstate a ban on assault weapons — are laden with political pitfalls and challenges. Although several members of Congress indicated they were newly open to gun control measures, opposition to stiffer gun laws is expected to remain firm, particularly in the Republican-led House.
Taking on another uphill legislative battle would scramble an already full agenda for the White House, which is embroiled in fiscal negotiations and hoping to start Obama's second term with a focus on immigration reform.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (171 chatters)
- John Baptist (90 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- DDP Radio (42 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (34 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (30 chatters)
- canadianglen (22 chatters)
- AlimBey (21 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (18 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (13 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (12 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (11 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- David and Wes (9 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (9 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (9 chatters)
- Hex Education (9 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (8 chatters)
- Odwirafo (7 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (6 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (5 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (4 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (4 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- DLFootball (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- sonsoflight (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WritersOnlineNetwork Radio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (1 chatters)
- Minister Derrick (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (0 chatters)