SORT BY Relevancy
Join Denise and Bruce McIntyre for another episode of Care Break. In this show, we'd love know: What are your seven significant caregiving moments? Call us during our show to share yours.
About Bruce: Bruce lives to encourage and inspire as many people as possible, especially caregivers and those living with a chronic condition. He is the author of *Resilient Life *and *Graceful Transitions. *He has served as a non-profit, church, and business leader. You can purchase *Graceful Transitions* at caregiving.com and read more from Bruce at brucemcintyre.com.
Linda Noelker, Senior Vice President of the Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging, will join Denise to discuss the Innovation in Caregiving Award. The award recognizes adults who, in the course of caring for an adult aged 60 or older invents a device or technique that solves a caregiving challenge or finds a new application for an existing device or technique that supports caregiving and eases the burden on caregivers.
Mary Stoudemire, a family caregiver and 2012 award winner, will discuss her past winning design: a lap capelet she designed for her sister.
How does a doctor cope when she specializes in older adults and struggles to care for her own ailing parent?
Join host Tami Neumann as she sits down in conversations with Dr. Cheryl Woodson as she shares her experience as a daughter caregiver and her work as a Geriatrician.
You will find practical no nonsense advice on taking care of your loved ones and how to survive caregiving.
Learn more about Dr. Woodson.
November is National Family Caregivers Month. According to the Caregiver Action Network, about 29% of the U.S. population will provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member or friend during a given year, spending an average of 20 hours a week providing care. On this show, we'll discuss the issue of caregiving, why it's so important for caregivers to take time for themselves, and the ways in which men and women differ when it comes to what each needs. No calls - listen only mode.
What's it like to face and manage decisions during caegiving? Trish, who cares for her brother, and Chris, who cares for his partner, join Denise for a discussion about decisions during caregiving. Trish and Chris both blog on CareGiving.com.
Trish also edits our CareGifters book series; our lastest book in the series is the recently-released Decisions. Trish and Chris also will discuss their contributions to the Decisions book.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (13 chatters)
- KAS1 (10 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (8 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- Patriot Family (6 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (6 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (5 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (5 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (5 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (3 chatters)
- 63489 (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- gregfilms (2 chatters)
- ConservativeNews (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Nu Power Radio Network (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WXOBB (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)