SORT BY Relevancy
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Friday, March, 27th, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST (5:00pm-7:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. "Backlash in Diversity in TV roles & Why Black children should play Chess". Call in with your Questions/Comments and listen LIVE at 914-338-1375 or listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/03/28/tiara-williams-of-the-reel-network--the-image-of-african-americans-in-the-media.
Sign up for The African History Network email newsletter by texting the word "Kemet" to 22828.
Listen to “The African History Network Show” with host Michael Imhotep as we interview some of our top Scholars, Thursdays, 8pm-10pm EST at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Call in with your questions and comments. Archived episodes are available for you to listen and are also archived on www.Itunes.com.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, March, 26th, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST (5:00pm-7:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss “How The Media Convinces You That Most Criminals Are Black”. Call in with your Questions/Comments and listen LIVE at 914-338-1375 or listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/03/27/how-the-media-convinces-you-that-most-criminals-are-black.
Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
SENATOR HARRY REID WILL NOT SEEK REELECTION.
ROB DISCUSSES SUICIDAL GERMANWINGS PILOT ANDREAS LUBITZ, DEPRESSION AND UNIONS.
ALSO, ROB TALKS ABOUT A NEW ANTI-GAY LAW SIGNED BY GOVERNOR MIKE PENCE OF INDIANA.
PLUS, ROB TALKS ABOUT THE LACK OF RESPONSE TO ISRAELI SPYING WITH THE GOP AND UNDERMINING THE US.
The Legion of Greatness Radio Network welcomes Wayne Osborne to the network with his show, The Black Adam Hour....or 2.
The Black Adam Hour....or 2 is a seamless sports show, for the people! Basketball, Football, Baseball, Soccer, and Hockey will all be discussed here. The show will always cater to the fans. If you call in and don't want to discuss the current topic. ....GREAT. Black Adam encourages new topics. He'll stop the current discussion at hand and Shazam you onto the line. Black Adam welcomes homers, objective fans, purists, and every other kind of fan there is. Younger fans, teenagers, young adults, oldheads, history buffs, come one, come all!!!! The show will never be scripted, it's raw, uncut, and unfiltered. The segments will be sure to catch your ears as well. The number to call is " Who wants a shot at the throne?" 347-884-8019. SHAZAMMMMM
Facebook: Wayne Kareem Elijah
Twitter: Blackadam33 @wayneosborne18
During this show, Cynthia and Mariza, the hosts of Radio Chango, will talk about the derogative way Black hair is represented in Latin America. They will talk also about how such a representation affects the identities of African descent in Latin America and U.S.
Hosted By: LaShawn Allen-Muhammad
Who were the first Black Elected Officials? During the month of November, as the country gears up to re-elect or vote in the next wave of politicians, Black Reconstruction will revisit the Reconstruction era to pay homage to the Black Men who came before Obama. During this tumultuous time, Blacks not only established townships, they also positioned themselves to be an integral part of government.
At a Glance.. In 1855, Brownhelm Township, founded by Col. Henry Brown, gained notoriety throughout the U.S, when the township elected an African-American to government office. The NY Syracuse Daily Journal, May 31, 1855 reported that John Mercer Langston was a fugitive slave who had been elected clerk. Brownhelm's early residents had long been known for their strong anti-slavery stance; and Col. Henry Brown's home on the Lake Shore was often a final stop on the Underground Railroad, before reaching Canada by boat. African-American Firsts: Government
Local elected official: John Mercer Langston, 1855, town clerk of Brownhelm Township, Ohio.
State elected official: Alexander Lucius Twilight, 1836, the Vermont legislature.
Governor (appointed): P.B.S. Pinchback served as governor of Louisiana from Dec. 9, 1872-Jan. 13, 1873, during impeachment proceedings against the elected governor.
U.S. Representative: Joseph Rainey became a Congressman from South Carolina in 1870 and was reelected four more times.
U.S. Senator: Hiram Revels became Senator from Mississippi from Feb. 25, 1870, to March 4, 1871, during Reconstruction.
There have only been a total of five black senators in U.S. history: the remaining two are Blanche K. Bruce [1875-1881] and Barack Obama
For the month of March, we will be celebrating Women's History Month. This week our special guest is Mrs. Yvette Pegues. We will be discussing how women can make history when being the Unthinkable Woman.
Mrs. Yvette Pegues, M.ED, is celebrated worldwide for her 1st Responder efforts. She began working primarily in schools, alongside teachers, serving children with disabilities. Today, her Adaptability Coaching & Disability Expertise is critical to Corporate Diversity training, Military reintegration & (new/existing) Construction Accessibility services to help re-build the differently-abled. She is a Center for Leadership in Disability CAC Advisory Board Member at GA State Univ. & National Spokesperson for Camp Dream GA.
Mrs. Pegues is the Founder & CTO (Chief Transformation Officer) of Your Invisible Disability Group and thought leader of the 4/4’s Signature Program Pillars © for Newly Disabled & Diagnosed persons in her book, The “Art of Adaptability.” She co-authored, My Mommy had Brain Surgery & I'm Okay! with her sons, Isaiah (7) and Elijah (5) - featured in the Shepherd Hospital Rehab Center’s quarterly magazine, The Spinal Column. Featured: US Depart. of Ed vlog, the Nationally syndicated: Doctors Show, Atlanta Parent Magazine, Sixes Living Magazine as well as many other publications and appearances. April 2014, she won the state title of Ms. Wheelchair Georgia, and in July 2014,she became the 1st woman of color to WIN the title of, “Ms. Wheelchair USA in its 17 year history. During her reign, she will promote an all-inclusive, nationwide, platform to help children write & publish books – turning #Storms2Stories through “Dream. Write. Hope. University…a “Legacy of Literature.”
This is a black arts and culture site. We will be exploring the African Diaspora via the writing, performance, both musical and theatrical (film and stage), as well as the visual arts of Africans in the Diaspora and those influenced by these aesthetic forms of expression. I am interested in the political and social ramifications of art on society, specifically movements supported by these artists and their forbearers. It is my claim that the artists are the true revolutionaries, their work honest and filled with raw unedited passion. They are our true heroes. Ashay!
1. State of Black Oakland Organizers Noni Sessions and Turha Ak, join us to talk about the event, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 10-4 at Geoffrey's Inner Circle in Downtown Oakland.
2. We close with an interview (part 1 of a series) with Mrs. Colia LaFayette Clark, Civil Rights Leader, Veteran Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) Organizer in Selma, Jackson and Montgomery in the early 1960s; Recipient of the Bridge-Crossing Jubilee Freedom Flame Award; Life-long Activist for Black Liberation and Social Justice. See http://www.teachingforchange.org/selma-bottom-up-history
Our crew comes back together to preview the upcoming Wrestlemania event for 2015.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (378 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (55 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (18 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (18 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (17 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (12 chatters)
- New Edge Radio (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (9 chatters)
- Universal Radio (8 chatters)
- American Chaos (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (4 chatters)
- ShadySykes (4 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (4 chatters)
- Hooked On Hauntings Radio (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- The Keno Trice Show (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (4 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- Granny Crows Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Life Readings Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- teamYahweh radio (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Sportsology (1 chatters)
- StrangeSurroundingsSecretUniverse (1 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz0 (1 chatters)
- Transition Radio (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- Joe Diesel (0 chatters)