SORT BY Relevancy
Join us as we catch up with Brian on his way to the Appalachian Trail. We'll be talking about how groups can get involved. Schools, Clubs and Organizations have the opportunity to both follow along with him via his "Where's Brian?" tracking and YouTube videos as well as those along the trail can have him come speak to your group.
We'll even hear a little about his latest stop at Hover Dam :)
Find out more when you listen in here!!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step and Brian Caskey with Hiking4Wellness has been on the Appalacian Trail for almost a week now. You can find Brian by on his website at Where's Brian
This is a bit more about his latest journey into the gap taken from his "Honest" post on the blog site he wrote...
One of the most common reasons a person hikes the Appalachian Trail (AT) is to “Walk it Off”.
In my case, one of the goals of the AT hike is to process and move froward from his colorful past after several years of intensive professional help. It is my hope that as I head north to Katahdin, ME, that I’ll drop of the old baggage that I carried and repeated throughout my life. I’m sharing my experiences, because I hope others can learn from my experiences.
Many of the stories shared will be part of my personal experiences, others are the personal experiences of others I’ve meet along my journey. The intent of this blog by Brian “Pooh Bear” Caskey is meant to serve as a forum, we, my friends can come together a change our lives to healthier behaviors one step at a time.
Listen in this week as we find out what the highlights have been, stories about the trail itself and where you can meet up with him this next week.
With just over a week to go we catch up with Brian Caskey in Tennessee as he prepares for his hike across the Appalachian Trail. 187 Miles to Springer Mountain he's hoping for warmer weather by the time he arrives for the March 2 departure date.
Join AV Business Radio as we talk with Brian Caskey, founder of Hiking4Wellness, about his preparations to hike the Appalachian Trail beginning next month. We will be interviewing him every week as he continues his trip across country and as he completes the Yoyo Hike on the trail.
For the curious minded - a Yoyo Hike means to hike from one point to the end and back again. Brian will be one of less than a dozen people to ever accomplish this feat.
Your Host BadGirl PollyAnna welcomes Ethan Jenkins. He is about to start his journey hiking the Appalachian Trail to bring awareness to Alzheimer's.IN LOVING MEMORY OF HIS GRANDMOTHER DOTTIE. One man's journey fueled by love & awareness for Alzheimers.
Tonight 8pm Pdt/10Cdt/11Est
CALL IN: (646) 716-6137 LET'S TALK!
After hitting the trail on Marh 1st, it's been just over 2 months since Brian has been on the Appalachian Trail. Between spotty cell connection and weather it looks like we'll finally be talking to Brian Caskey and seeing what his journey has been like after covering @700 miles.
Now approaching the northernmost area of Virginia, the journey of self-discovery has led Brian to meet many wonderful individuals and learn more about himself. Join us as we check in and see what's been happening.
While you're listening be sure to check out the pictures and see the evidence of spring arriving along the trail.
Brian will be hiking the AT for about 9 months. He is planning on leaving TOMORROW! Join us for one last look at the preparations including, health, some of the kids would love to go 9 months without having to bath, will he??? Then there are safety issues like protection from the wildlife, lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Asking questions about survival on a day-to-day basis and a last look at the journey pre-Appalacian Trail will set us up to stay with him throughout the hike.
Brian Caskey, Hiking4Wellness, has completed the first 100+ miles along the Appalachain Trail and we catch up with him as he winds up week two. With his last check-in on the SpotGen around Franklin, GA (after Benjamin Franklin) we'll see how he is doing and what his plans are for next week!
Join us as we hike the trail up and back with him over the next several months (he's expected back in GA for Thanksgiving Dinner :) You can follow his blog at http://hiking4wellness.com/blog/.
We're refreshed from our Memorial Day weekend, and are back today with another great episode of The Down and Dirty with Frank Fontana!
Up first is return guest Katherine Imp. She stopped by awhile back to talk about her Appalachian Trail hike, and told us about the movie she and her friends were making. Well, Beauty Beneath The Dirt is hitting the movie house circuit around the country, and she's back to tell us all about it.
During our Craftsmanship segment, we'll be chatting with Zippo Manufacturing Company global marketing director David Warfel all about the iconic American brand... that's rolling out their 500 millionth lighter on June 5!
We're also checking in with Peter Evans from the Up The Pucks hockey/punk rock podcast all about the Stanley Cup playoffs, and we'll hear a DIY Disaster story from It’s Our Pinteresting Life blogger Melody Logan.
Now that's a show! Let's get Down and Dirty...
Hiking just over 1000 miles since the beginning of March, Brian has made many new friends and discoveries. The outward journey is obvious, the inward is not. The stigma of Neurofibromatosis (NF) has played a part in his life that few understand. Today we talk with Brian Caskey of Hiking for Wellness about both of the journey's.
Neurofibromatoses 2 is a rare disorder affects about 1 in 25,000 people. Approximately 50 percent of affected people inherit the disorder; in others the disorder is caused by a spontaneous genetic mutation of unknown cause. While it is not contagious people still see the small tumorous growths and are afraid that they can "catch" this disease.
Dealing with the stigma of looking different and having people shy away from you because you don't look like they do is nothing new. However, as a result of the limited exposure to individuals dealing with NF, understanding why they look different and the effects of NF is.
Join us as we look deeper into the inner journay taken by Brain and many AT Hikers.
Meet Adam Casseday, an ultra marathoner, who ran the Appalachian Trail this summer! After starting the trail on May 5, he finished on July 11th having run over 2,100 miles.
Adam will recap his journey as he joins me on my radio show to talk about the physical and mental strength and endurance needed to be an ultra marathoner and to run the Appalachian Trail. He will also talk about his inspiration and motiviation. You won't want to miss this interview!
Join Charlotte View for an exclusive, interview with scriptwritter and crew members of critically acclaimed, award-winning movie "Moving Mountains," based on the true story of Patricia Bragg, who grew up in Mooresville, NC. The movie tells the story of Trish Bragg of Pie, WV in Mingo County, as she and her friends struggled for safe drinking water after a deep mine destroyed their wells. A story of faith, hope and perseverance that will stay with you long after the movie ends. Based on the book, "Moving Mountains," written by Penny Loeb. This film-festival favorite is being shown at AmStar 14 in Mooresville, NC on October 6th 2014
In 1994, Trish Bragg was a coal miner's wife, struggling to get by. Then a vast deep mine destroyed her neighbors' water wells. Guided by her strong faith, she and her friends stood up to a billion-dollar coal company and government bureaucracy. This movie is the struggle of a people, desperately battling to keep their way of life , their lands, and their families and homes intact. A group of citizens battle to change a mind set that has remained in Appalachia for many years. “One simply does not fight the coal mining company". These companies are powerful entities with finances, machinery, and backing of our government; but fight back we did! In the end, they made history.
During this interview, Penny Loeb, T Paige Dalporto, Paul C Brown, Austin Jetton and Patricia Bragg will talk about their journey of discovery, lucky breaks, frustrating obstacles, collaboration, fear of failure, etc
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Penny Loeb) email@example.com (Patricia Bragg)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (129 chatters)
- John Baptist (83 chatters)
- in5d (69 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- Channel Panel (59 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (44 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (23 chatters)
- DDP Radio (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (21 chatters)
- AlimBey (18 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (14 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (11 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (11 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (10 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- Tarhaka (9 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (8 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (7 chatters)
- The Organic View (6 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (1 chatters)
- Geezer Gamers Community Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- Sister2Sistah Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)