SORT BY Relevancy
TONIGHT Sat. November 15, 2014 on "NU Day"
The murder of Michael Brown still hits the hearts and minds cf African/Black communities nationwide. Now as we await the Grand Jury's decision on the future of police officer Darren Wilson many cannot help but to wonder "What's Next" Also: Gentrification and the National Black Women's Political Convention. Hear the updayes
AND: The The legendary Katherine Dunham was more than just a dancer. She was an Anthropologist and a Historian who helped preserve the cultural heritage of African people through music and dance, bringing honor and respect to the ancient rituals of rhythmic body movements that recorded history. The Katherine Dunham Centers For The Arts and Humanities in St. Louis Missouri has been a beacon of light in preserving the rich African culture and inspiring many performers to appreciate the deeper meaning and uses of the dance expression. It is an institution that stands as a beacon of hope in a city so recently plagued with despair. Financial challenges threaten to cause the Katherine Dunham Center to be closed, and dedicated activists are fighting to raise the necessary dollars to preserve this institution. Will the community win this fight to maintain a powerful legacy? Professional dancer Laurie Goux, Artistic Director of SpiritWing Dance Ensemble and a student of the Katherine Dunham Technique, is organizing a cooperative community effort to preserve this historic site in St. Louis and she will be our on the "LIVE LINE" guest tonight.
REMEMBER: All "NU Day" radio programs can be heard at anytime by just going to the "ON DEMAND" section of the website
Tonight: Sat. November 1, 2014 at 10:30 PM EST Salute To Our Queen Warrior Sister:
Liberated from US Prison on November 2, 1979One of the boldest and most successful, though rarely publicized, reactions against oppression in recent times occurred a little over 3 decades ago when Tupac’s godmother – Queen Mother Assata Olugbala Shakur – was freed from being held captive in a dungeon of a United States Prison, on November 2nd 1979.
Join the celebration of Sis. Assata's Liberation and our Tribute to Black Resistance and Freedom Fighting.
AND Join The AFRICAN WOMEN'S ARMY
Sat. Nov 1, 2014 on "NU Day"
On The Live Line: Bro. Jihad Abdul Mumit National Chairperson of the Jericho Movement
REMEMBER: Violence and Abuse of our Women and Girls Must End. Join The "STOP IT NOW" Project. Part "National Campaign
For more information about the National Million Woman Movements contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 267-636-3802
Tonight: Sun. November 23, 2014 A Special Edition of "NU Day"
An update on waitiing for the verdict in Ferguson and Minister Farrakhan's speech at Morgan State U on Sat. Nov. 22, 2014. Also the death of Marian Barry, MWM updates and more.
On the "LIVE LINE" Dr. Randy Short
"NU DAY RESURRECTION & LIBERATION
" REMEMBER: All "NU Day" radio programs can be heard at anytime by just going to the "ON DEMAND" section of the website at: www.blogtalkradio.com/empresschi A "NU DAY" IS HERE >> Be A Part of the EVOLUTION
Today, more and more people are beginning to better understand what electoral politics really is, how it operates and why and how the game is played. With that said,, our selective BULLET, at this point in time, is the Power of our Sistahs and the melaninated People who believe in and not afraid to embrace and strive for irrevocable Freedom and Justice. Join the dialog and share your views .....Tune into tonight as we get prepared for the MWM "National Black Women's Political Convention"
ALSO: Updates on Ferguson, Election Overviews, Gentrification reports, the Million Woman Party, and why we need an African Anti-Defamation League.. On The "Live Line" Rev. Pinkney - Justice Activist and National Chairperson of BANCO
Tonight Sat. October 18, 2014 on "NU Day"
Dr. Randy Short is back. Hear a powerful report on Ebola from Bro. Randy who has also just returned from Iran. Also: Learn why the call for an African Defamation League is not only approriate but necessary and why we must do a better job at standing up for and protecting those who stand up and put their lives on the line.
And: The Million Woman March is not only on the Move, but isbuilding a global unstoppable MOVEMENT. Learn more about what's going on nationwide, and worldwide, as MWM prepares to release and activate unexpected power moves and more.
Listen to this special edition of the Pan-African Journal hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. This program features our regular PANW segment with reports on Madagascar, Togo, Kenya, Tunisia, etc. The Voices From History segment will highlight a lecture by the late African American Historian John Hope Franklin from 1969 as well as an archived audio documentary on the role of Detroit and Ontario, Canada in the Underground Railroad during slavery.
Listen to The African History Network Show with host Michael Imhotep as we interview some of our top Scholars on African History/African-American History and current events, politics, entertainment, relationships, education, etc. as it pertains to African Americans Monday-Friday, 8pm-10pm EST at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Episodes are also archived on www.Itunes.com.
If you want to learn more about African History and African-American History to counteract the negative images we see of ourselves on the TEL-LIE-VISION (TV), please visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. We have information to Educate, Empower and Inspire people of African Descent throughout the Diaspora and around the world. We have a wide selection of African History and African American History DVD Lectures including "HIDDEN COLORS 1-3" and lectures from Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show.
This week we head to Africa for the final in our series on great run vacations. With the Comrades Marathon often attracting all the attention there are many other top run opportunities in Aftica, not just South Africa.
With a mix of road, trail and adventure races Africa is one of the worlds top running vacation locations.
Also on the show:
Over the shoulder
The road ahead
Join "Africa On The Move" on Sundays at 7PM EST. We speak "truth to power" and is a voice for the voiceless. Join us at 323-679-0841 or go online at: www.blogtalkradio.com/africa-on-the-move. Today's topics are: "Sports & Racism" and "Domestic Voilence thru Confusion and Contradictions."
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (151 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (77 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (58 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (18 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (15 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (15 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (13 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (13 chatters)
- Black Author Network (11 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (11 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (10 chatters)
- Bellesprit (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (5 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (5 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (4 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Golden Hawk (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (3 chatters)
- Jesus My Rock (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal PXIX Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- SSRN (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Power of Perception Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Set Apart Living Radio Network (0 chatters)