SORT BY Relevancy
Living Room Conversation on TPP
Here at the Coffee Party USA, we think it's time to have a civil and reasoned conversation on the Free Trade, Jobs and the TPP!
Join us on Thursday, May 28, at 8:30pm eastern time for a special Coffee Party radio show as we use the concepts of “Living Room Conversations” to have a respectful discussion around this controversial topic with special guests.
Want to have your own conversation about trade agreements, jobs and the free market? Invite some friends over and follow this simple conversation guide. And remember, the more diverse the opinions, the more you will learn!
This episode is dedicated to discussing the issues that we encounter and the things that the African American community is attempting to resolve today. Dr. Rich will talk about these issues in an effort to develop some effective solutions and stop this madness. Fatherless boys, police brutality, critical thinking, effective parenting, and self help are some of the topics we may discuss. As always, current events in the media take precedence and the rest is up to us! Join us!
in Self Help
Join us on Lunch & Learn with Chris & Barrett as we bring on our guest co-host, Brent Harding
Carol J. Matthews-Shifflett, MA
Executive Director of the Sojourner Group, Salt Lake City, Utah. Ms. Shifflett has a Bachelors Degree in Cultural Anthropology and earned her Masters Degree in Community Leadership. After returning to college as a non-traditional student, Carol has been a proponent of empowering women and encouraging them to reach their highest potential. As the former Volunteer Coordinator for the YWCA, Salt Lake City, her career interest took on the direction of advocating for women in violent relationships. For the past 15 years she has been drawn to personal conversations with marginalized women of the African and Black Diaspora who often suffer in silence due to lack of cultural understanding from mainstream service providers. Carol has since been zealous in working to ensuring that Black women in Utah find their voices. As an active community leader, she firmly believes that leadership is not an individual venture, but one that involves a collective group of persons and personalities with a common goal of working for the good of the cause. Her chief principles are respect, integrity, communication, and commitment. It is with these qualities that she believes we can all collectively serve marginalized populations who have been victimized by sexual assault and domestic violence, improve the quality of their lives, and assist them on the journey of healthier lifestyles and families.
This is a black arts and culture site. We will be exploring the African Diaspora via the writing, performance, both musical and theatrical (film and stage), as well as the visual arts of Africans in the Diaspora and those influenced by these aesthetic forms of expression. I am interested in the political and social ramifications of art on society, specifically movements supported by these artists and their forebearers. It is my claim that the artists are the true revolutionaries, their work honest and filled with raw unedited passion. They are our true heroes. Ashay!
1. Barbara Range, Director, curator of the Brickhouse Art Gallery in Sac and a founding member of the Sac Black Book Fair Committee and Faye Wilson Kennedy, Publicist, Blue Nile Press and founding member of Sac Black Book Fair, Terris McMahan Grimes, awardwinning author, and keynote speaker Saturday, June 6.
2. From the Archives Surprise
3. Kent Gash (director) & Jelani Alladin (Pharus) join us to talk about the Marin Theatre Company's Bay Area Premiere of Tarell Alvin McCraney's Choir Boy, June 4 - 28. Visit http://www.marintheatre.org/
4. Richard Torrence, writer and producer, Lord Why Can't I Do Right? Friday-Sat., May 29-30 at Black Repretory Group Theater in Berkeley. Visit http://www.makeyoufamousentertainment.com/
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. May, 27th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll discuss “Five on The Black Handside: The History of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes”. Did you ever wonder where the “Dap” came from, fist bumping, etc.? CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Five on The Black Handside, the history of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes. 2) Baltimore City Schools layoff notices go out. 3) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 4) This date in African American History – Elijah McCoy, Inventor
TONIGHT: Listen to the The African History Network Show, Thur. May, 28th, Special Time 9:00pm (6:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll honor Dr. Betty Shabazz, Maya Angelou and Gil Soctt Heron. We’ll also discuss current events and hot topics on our Facebook Fanpage “The African History Network”. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Today is the 81st birthday of Dr. Betty Shabazz, widow of Malcolm X. It has been 1 year since poet Maya Angelou died and Gil Scott Heron died on May 27th, 2011 as well. We’ll honor all 3 of them on tonight’s show. 2) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 3) Media Mogul Byron Allen did a radio interview this morning where he talked about how African Americans are set up to fail economically and more. 4) In 1994, the Crime Bill that Bill Clinton signed into prohibited prisoners using Pell Grants to get a college degree. That could change very soon. 5) This date in African American History.
Join me, Jack July and my Co-host Ava Armstrong as we discuss the topics of the day.
This weeks very special guest is Karen Martin of the Spartanburg South Carolina Tea Party. We will discuss the current status of the Tea party as well as ways you can get involved.
In the final segment, my good friend and Author Cedar Sanderson will discuss her Novels, future projects and whatever else is on her clever mind.
It is almost time for another “THIRSTY THURSDAY”
What is Helping Hands Press “THIRSTY” for:Your input! Your ideas! Your feedback!
The authors at Helping Hands Press will be ready to answer your questions, listen to your thoughts, and to help you have a great experience!
The Party starts @ 8PM EST, we hope that you can make it!
The HHP Facebook Page link is: https://www.facebook.com/HelpingHandsPress
Join me the truth Dr and guest that will be exposing how those who call them sleeves black movements are robbing our people and pimping in the name of Marcus Garvey take in monies and doing nothing for the uplifting of our people this will be the best show yet tune in and get the whole story this will brake your heart but it must be told the legacy of Marcus Garvey must be protected...
Fun, Fuckery, Interviews and Laughs, with Sean P, Desire Mi Brown, Alice N Wonderland and the #ASM/GoHard.Com crazies
the dynamic duo is back and they are giving you the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth in the industry and trending topics
tonight our sexy guest is Lolly Ink she wll be kicking it with us live letting us know all the sexy things she has going on
11:30PM ET: **Intro Music** Top of the show Star
**Present Show Agenda**
11:40PM ET: DHR Announcements & First Music Break L.O party to the lights come on
11:45PM ET: First Show Segment
11:55PM ET: Second Music Break Mya Money
12:00AM ET: Second Show Segment/Guest Interview
12:15AM ET: Third Music Break diana ross love hangover thursday throwback of the day
12:20AM ET: Final Segment/Take Callers
12:28PM ET: Wrap up show and end with song or outro
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (71 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (15 chatters)
- Robert Phoenix (13 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (4 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (3 chatters)
- Jamelle Sanders (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- pkbemmes (2 chatters)
- Rick Sterling (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Hotwordz Lyrical Theatre0 (1 chatters)
- Some Guy Talking (1 chatters)
- TalkSouthRadio (1 chatters)
- Ahmenah Rayzz (1 chatters)