SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Fri. Oct., 2nd, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “Part 2: Solutions to Problems Facing The African American Community”. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on “Radio Shows” at the top of the page for the podcasts. We’ll be broadcasting also on Periscope at @MichaelImhotep for part of the show.
1) “Part 2: Solutions to Problems Facing The African American Community”. We dealt with Part 1 on last night’s show. 2) Jamaica wants reparations from Britian. Prime Minister David Cameron to get over it. 3) A sequel to the movie “Soulfood” is in the works. 4) A Tulsa Sheriff involved in the case of the shooting death of Eric Harris has resigned. 5) An African American student who has been Home schooled will graduate from College with a Triple Major. 6) This date in African American History – James Meredith
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, Jan. 22nd, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss the documentary “Light Girls” & Colorism in The African American Community and much more. Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375.
1) Florida police use images of Black Men for Target Practice. What do you think about this? 2) We’ll discuss President Obama’s State of The Union Address. Did he say what you wanted to hear? 3) Did you see the documentary “Light Girls” Monday night on OWN? What did you think of the documentary and “colorism” in the African American community? 4) We’ll play excerpts of Michael Imhotep’s presentation “The Distortion of The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: The Revolutionary Will Not Be Televised”. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/01/23/the-documentary-light-girls-colorism-in-the-african-american-community or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Thurs. Oct., 1st, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. “Solutions for Problems Facing African Americans”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) We’ll lay out some Solutions that we can implement right now in our communites as a follow up to our last 2 shows. 2) Another Mass Shooting has taken place. When will it stop? 3) Jamaica wants reparations from Britian. 4) A sequel to the movie “Soulfood” is in the works. 5) A Tulsa Sheriff involved in the case of the shooting death of Eric Harris has resigned. 6) A African American student who has been Home schooled will graduate from College with a Triple Major. 6) This date in African American History – James Meredith
Media Connoisseur and Journalism/Communications Educator, Dr. Mavis Carr joins th crew to discuss the effect the Media has on us, and more importantly, the effect we have on the Media.
It's TETS Wednesday baby!
Continuing our monthly topic of Mental Illness and the African-American Community. Bill Green, co-founder of the African American Communiversal Project (AACP) returns as special guest.
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts, Angela Thomas and Rodney Smith
The topic of today's show is: Bush Visit and is there a Leadership Void in the African American Community
Call in to listen or comment at: (347) 826-9600 press the 1 on your keypad to notify us you want to comment or ask a question
in Self Help
Regina Breed ask the blunt question in this episode of ......Say What You Need To Say.........What in the hell is going on in the African American Community!?!?!?
LISTEN TO THE LIVE CALL IN SHOW M-F 10AM CST AT www.earlhallshow.com
Problems and Solutions in the African-American Community
Obviously I dont expect to fix these issues in a 1hr program, but they need to be discussed. Decades of bickering from the left and the right have kept our commmunity either taken for granted or simply ignored.
This is a cause for much frustration, anger, and bitterness. But what is our responsibility? What do we need ro do RIGHT NOW for ourselves?
Issues facing the Black community are many. Unemployment, crime, sub-standad ... See More education, breakdown of the family, poverty, etc.
These issues have affected us for decades in this country. Many problems affect us from outside of our community, but what are we doing for ourselves?
Many will constantly look at outside influences that affect us in a negative manner. The "they" did it to us mentality. However what are we doing for ourselves. Personally, what are you doing within your sphere of influence?
Everything that we can control and direct we should. Instead of waiting for "them" to do something for us. WE need to do everything we can for ourselves.
?Is the Black Church Helping at all?
?Do self appointed Black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson offer solutions?
?Does the Democratic Party take us for granted?
?Why are we not policing ourselves?
?Other cultures like the Jews and Asians are thriving even after abuse
?What is happing with African-Americans, Indians, and Hispanics?
Do Hip-Hop's negative affects on the minds of our youth outweigh all the light it brings to society?
It's the first of a three part series for our community.
Next week: Does BET Help/Hurt the African American Community? with Professor Allie Ryan Butler
Two Weeks: Does the Media Help/Hurt the African American Community? with Dr. Mavis Car
Join Host Live Chats
- Rivers Spirit Messages (6 chatters)
- SinclairDNA (6 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (6 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (4 chatters)
- Afrodeity Stone (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Islamic House of Israel (1 chatters)
- Conscious Black Business Network (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)