SORT BY Relevancy
The Affordable Care Act, or the ACA, (aka Obamacare) is a catalyst for accelerating change brought about by the crushing cost of healthcare. We have reached the tipping point where all the players in a $3 trillion industry are desperate to find new footing, while their usual way of doing business is crumbling underneath them.
Our guest today is Mike Bertaut. I’m asking him to “lift the fog” of war and politics and give us his insight into the ACA going forward, the chaos, what’s working, possible surprises, and what has yet to be addressed.
Michael Bertaut is a Certified Health Consultant and Professional of the Academy of Healthcare Management. He has 25 years of Analytical Experience in the Healthcare, Telecom, and Retail Industry Sectors. Since April of 2009, Michael has engaged in over 700 public discussions on Healthcare Costs and the Impact of Reform with stakeholder groups ranging from healthcare policy makers in Washington DC to your local public service clubs.
What does the Care in Affordable Care Act stand for? I wanted to share some of my thoughts on The Affordable Care Act and not so much the specifics. I can only speak on how I understand and see it. Iconoclast from the Offlimits show calls in to dish about Obamacare with me.
Are you one of the 48 million uninsured Americans who may be affect by the new federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare, as it’s frequently referred to? What is the ACA and how will it affect you and your family? This month we will explore the federal Affordable Care Act basics, and what you need to know in order to make an informed healthcare insurance decision. Our guest panelist will be ChicagoTribune Health Care Reporter Mr. Peter Frost, who has written extensive articles on the ACA for the Chicago Tribune Newspaper and ChicagoTribune.com. Also, we will speak with a couple of individuals that are directly affected by the new Federal Affordable Care Act. Follow show hashtag #4DPRadio
This is a pre-recorded show & not available for call-in. Creator & Executive Producer, Dexter Martin, Co-Producer, Sheila Henley
In this brief 30 minute presentation, insurance agent Patrick Villalobos will be hitting on several key points about the Patient Care & Affordable Care Act. Patrick Villalobos is affiliated with health insurance carriers in The Exchange.
Some things to be presented will be
1. The benefits that are provided in the health insurance plan that will be selected for you or for one that you choose.
2. The application process, the subsidy for health insurance, how it benefits someone or a family, and what to expect on premium payments.
3. Helath Insurance effective dates, open enrollment, and application requirements.
Tom McAuliffe from the Missouri Foundation for Health talks about the Affordable Care Act and what will happen in January 2014.
Tom is a Public Policy Analyst who is working on a doctorate in public administration and political science.
Missouri Foundation for Health email@example.com Additional information: www.covermissouri.org www.aarp.org Kaiser Family Foundation kff.org/health-reform Commonwealth Foundation www.commonwealthfoundation.org
Will you pay more taxes with the affordable care act? The Tax Superman is going to share with us if this is true or not.
Listeners will learn: The facts about ACA Tax Credits and the basics.
The book focuses on what matters to all Americans; paying less taxes. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) creates 21 new tax hikes and breaks. Which tax will you pay? Which break can you benefit from? How can you avoid it all
HEALTHCARE IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUTH AFTER FOSTER CARE
Stephanie Lynch (pictured L), has devoted her life to creating impactful, systemic social change. She started her career in human services in 2006, working and volunteering for various nonprofits throughout Richmond, while receiving her undergraduate degree in Psychology/Women’s Studies and African American Studies. She was hired as the Student Services Coordinator for a Career Technical Institute, during which time, she started several support groups for women experiencing domestic violence, ex-offenders, and survivors of childhood trauma, in addition to providing intense case management services to homeless, pregnant and uninsured students. While pursuing her Masters in Social Work, Stephanie worked under Paul McWhinney, Deputy Commissioner for the Virginia Department of Social Services. Upon graduating, she played a role in the implementation of Affordable Care Act in Virginia under the leadership of the Secretary of Health and Human Resources. She is currently positioned at the Virginia Department of Social Services as a Senior Program Administrative Specialist working on several statewide projects, including the “campaign for enrollment” an outreach effort to promote awareness of the new Medicaid covered group for former foster care youth.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Contact: Stephanie.Lynch@dss.virginia.gov
This installment of The Forbidden Fruit will discuss the Affordable Care Act. Do you love or hate it? Is this the best America can do? Is this plan doing too much? Should paying for healthcare be a given and down with any kind of free healthcare? Which side of the fence are you on? Call in and give us your 2 cents!
Call and/are listen at: 347-202-0492
Listen or talk to us at www.blogtalkradio.com/theforbiddenfruit
Subscribe to us on iTunes
Join us today as we take a comprehensive look at the Affordable Care Act with special guest Joyce Ann Campbell. Also on tap: President Obama cummutes 8 inmates with crack cocaine convictions; the Duck Dynasty debackle, and much, much, more!
To join the conversation, the number to call is 323-580-5712
Tune in to this week's episode of Prognosis 2.0 for a better understanding of how the Affordable Care Act will impact small employers. Host Jon Brody, Executive Director of Keiler Healthcare, will break it down, and listeners are invited to call in with comments and questions.
Join Host Live Chats
- Dr Ritamarie (32 chatters)
- BeverlyD (18 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- KAS1 (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (8 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- JASmius (4 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (4 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (4 chatters)
- WHEELZ UP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- The Christian View (3 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- CharleneMurphy (3 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (3 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- CAA Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- NatureofReality (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- imamalfred (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)