SORT BY Relevancy
Why is it that the term "Natural Hair" alone brings so much emotion to the forefront of a community?
Why should we even have the term "Natural Hair" which in actuality reveals that most sport as unnatural hair.
But if one were to mention this to an individual who dyes their locks, straightens them, heats them up and then douses them with all types of substances as though their hair was in a burn unit, you might get a few unkind words thrown your way.
So most of us understand this common argument that brews under the surface of the Black hair industry.
But in many recent findings we have discovered that even within the natural hair movement their is a separation somewhat of what many feel are the ideals that personify and represent it.
Well let me get straight to the point.
There is a great divide within the natural hair movement that is beyond disgusting and baffles the mind over and above any measure.
The problem that seems to be ever growing and brewing as we speak is that many women in the Natural Hair Movement seem to want to through shade at anyone who is also in the movement who has hair that is curly and not kinky.
Is this immature or what?
Here we expect to see a special breed of enlightened woman, who has embraced her natural beauty and has broken the shackles that society has placed on many to turn around and feel so negatively toward another who is supposed to be on the same team!
.......and JUST when I thought many of our Sisters were making progress this type of backward thinking rears its ugly head.
Is this the reason that it seems that only Black women call their trip to the hair salon "The Beauty Salon?" Why is it that I don't hear other races refer to it in this manner? Does this indicate that many Black women do not feel as tough their natural state is anything BUT beautiful?
Black women appear to spend more money on their hair pound for pound, ounce for ounce than any other race of women.
While all women of the world get caught up in their appearance on so many different levels, it just doesn't seem to be more intense than the energy that our sisters spend on theirs.
Is this because they know that they are some of the most beautiful women in the world?
Or does this reflect and reveal a massive amount of insecurity that lies just below the surface of a facade of false confidence?
Whichever end of the spectrum that you think it might be, you will find a great resistance because of the opinions from the opposite side.
So what is it?
Insecurity or confidence?
Throw in the ever growing Natural Hair Movement in the fray, and you can see that we need to indulge in a continuous discussion because our thoughts and feelings toward our hair indicate that we areliterally a hot mess!
This show is actually a continuation of our previously titled episode: The Natural Hair Movement: Women Of Color & The Great Divide!
So make sure to attend this discussion and let us go deeper than we ever have before.
This will be an intelligent dialogue where we will agree to disagree and confrontational/disrespectful exchanges will not be tolerated.
in Self Help
Join us today and we discuss the power of the Medicine Wheel and how it can help us to clean up our relationships in regards to sex, love and romance. The wheel can help us understand and get to know ourselves in ways we might not be able to imagine. This opens us to know and understand others in new ways, leading to greater levels of intimacy and love than we might have thought possible.
Online sex addiction on the internet is becoming a huge problem. Lisa has an expert in the field, Dana Putnam, PHd to discuss the growing problem and affect sex addiction has on the whole family.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (144 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (101 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (14 chatters)
- Bellesprit (11 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (10 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (10 chatters)
- BlackWomensBlueprint (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (6 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- 64621 (5 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (4 chatters)
- Jewelcast JFTC in your ears (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (4 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- CWA Radio (2 chatters)
- EMONSTA (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- Mikeisha (2 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (2 chatters)
- ParaAnne (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Gospelfest Sparta (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WorldSportsShow (2 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)