Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Diane Levin. Diane is internationally recognized expert helping professionals, parents and policymakers understand and respond to the impact of various societal forces-such as violence and sexualization, and media and commercial culture-on children's development, learning and behavior. She is a founder of 3 advocacy organizations:T.R.U.C.E—Teachers Resisting Unhealthy Children's Entertainment, which helps professionals help parents deal with the impact of media and promote quality play;Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, which works to end the commercial exploitation of children; and, Defending the Early Years, which advocates for appropriate early childhood practice that counteracts inappropriate aspects of many recent school reform mandates. Levin is a Professor of Early Childhood Education at Wheelock College and her 9th book, Beyond Remote-Controlled Childhood: Teaching Young Children in the Media Age.
this episode Q&A includes:
• carotene rich foods for eye health must be cooked,frozen, soaked in oil- no consumed raw..
• poke berries- joint swelling..
• heat in the liver- chinese 5 element theory..
• basis of all true spirituality is time spent alone in nature..
• false positive and false negative test results statistics..
• modern medicine is made for normal American's eating the standard American diet and watching 3-4 hours of television a day..
• folic acid added to foods increases chances of colon cancer..
• chronic Lyme's disease- bacteria to virus- astragalus, hypericum, teasel, Japanese knotweed, boneset..
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register