Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Michael Largo. Michael Largo is the author of God’s Lunatics, Genius and Heroin, The Portable Obituary, the Bram Stoker Award-winning Final Exits: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of How We Die, and three novels. His latest book is THE BIG, BAD BOOK OF BOTANY: The World’s Most Fascinating Flora, an entertaining and enlightening one-of-a-kind compendium of the world’s most amazing and bizarre plants, their history, and their lore. He is the former editor of New York Poetry and the researcher/archivist for the film company Allied Artists. He and his family live in Florida with their dog, two turtles, a parrot, two canaries, and a tank of fish.
this weeks Q&A includes:
• making herbal medicinal vinegars
• explanation of dosing different herbal tinctures
• 4 types of plant poisons- alkaloids, glycosides, resins and volatile oils
• why to make infusions, cook greens for an hour and the difference between seasoning herbs and nourishing herbs.
• ingesting too many volatile oils in plants gum up the kidneys and liver
• do plants contain estrogens? not many, but phytosterols which are precursors to be converted by intestinal flora..
• motherwort tincture to moderate blood pressure, no hydrogenated oils and movement..
• calcification in blood vessels? drink nettle infusion!
• hormonal disruptors..
• motherwort, lavender and other mints in regards to the thyroid..
• poke berry seed safety..
• estrogens in the body and vitex berry tincture..
• anxiety, motherwort tincture, visualization exercise..
• why Susun uses 100 proof vodka for tinctures
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register