What can we do to stay human and stay compassionate in the face of the myriad of social problems facing us everyday? Some would say that using our creativity to stay
empathetic is a prime use of the artists' mind.
Today we are joined by artist Veronica Van Gogh
whose creative and collaborative"Sock Project" is making a difference, a little bit at a time in the lives the homeless in San Francisco.
Also mentioned on the show:
• Performer and teacher Bethany Trombly's next BodyMindFull workshop: Gratitude,12/05/09, $10, at JFKY Berkeley Annex
• For writers and wannabe writers: East Bay writer, artist and teacher elizaBeth Benson-Udom is offering an ongoing group for development,
support and exploration called "writing your way" as well as one-to-one support. Call her at 510-809-5210.
• Independent Arts & Media are offering this panel discussion on 11/17/09 in San Francisco: Small
and Surviving Project Essentials. The price is right for struggling artists!
• Leave a message on God's Answering Machine: 800-871-9012 x 3176632#. Say what you will and pass it on.
• Fifty-Cent Admissions: Please call 646-462-4161 x 43350 and answer the question: "What is something you don't like to admit about yourself?".
Hear what others are saying here and here.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register