SORT BY Relevancy
Firefly fans probably have heard of the highly successful fan film "Browncoats: Redemption," a film that donated proceeds to charity, raising over $117,000.
This was the first project of Big Damn Films, which was co-founded by President and board member Michael C. Dougherty. (Big Damn Films, Inc. [BDF], the non-profit that supports meaningful causes through the development, creation, distribution and promotion of independent films.)
The success of "Browncoats: Redemption" was mostly due to marketing magic. BDF, under Michael's leadership, really delivered with inclusion magazines, books, blogs, interviews and more. The film event won an award in the 4th Annual Mashable Awards for Most Creative Social Good Campaign.
Fans of the first film will also love Michael's next film, "Z*Con," which will also leverage the same business model as before, but with new charities chosen.
Zombie fans will also want to check out this project. "Z*Con" is about 14 year old Matt Moore, and his three friends, who attend a local comic convention to get interviews for their podcast but end up stuck in the middle of a Zombie Outbreak at the con. Using social media, and their wits, to report on what's going on inside the four walls of the con while dodging all kinds of cosplay zombies.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ring of Fire Ministries (14 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (7 chatters)
- Weedsday Wednesday (4 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (2 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- Bread Of Life Radio Network (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Unity America (1 chatters)
- Its My House (1 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (0 chatters)