SORT BY Relevancy
Linda Morgan, Executive Director of the Yuma Visitors Bureau chats with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith about what there is to see and do in Yuma, during the summer. Located in the southwest corner of Arizona, between Tucson and San Diego, Yuma is a popular summer destination that boasts water sports and activities on the Colorado River, numerous hiking and bicycle trails, bird watching, the Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area, a historic downtown and historic sites such as the Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park, Quartermasters Depot State Historic Park, and Historic Yuma Theater.
This interview originally aired on June 7, 2015, as part of Big Blend Radio's Champagne Sundays show, that broadcasted live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, airing live online from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Ceremonial Herbs – Herbalist Cynthia Johnston, owner of MoonMaid Botanicals, discusses the different herbs used for various ceremonial and spiritual practices.
- Casa De Coronado Museum – Yvonne Peach nostalgic travel and household artifacts featured in the Casa de Coronado Museum in Yuma, Arizona
- Yuma Events & Activities – Hear about upcoming summer events and activities in Yuma with Rex Ijams – Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre, Chuck Heeman – Yuma Civic Center, Oscar Chavez – City of Yuma Recreation Program Specialist, and Ronnie Ridgers – Desert Hills Golf Course.
- The Peanut Patch – Hear about the Fabulous Fan Fudge Club presented by The Peanut Patch in Yuma, AZ
- Medjool Dates – Summer Medjool Date treats with Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More in Yuma, AZ
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station show, focusing on Yuma, Arizona ‘The Great Gateway to the Southwest’. This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On this Episode:
- Rex Ijams – Historic Yuma Theatre and Yuma Art Center
- Bruce Brown – Desert Hills Golf Course
- Tanisha Yee - Yuma Civic Center
- Yvonne Peach - Coronado Motor Hotel, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill and Casa de Coronado Museum
- Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More and Bard Date Company talks Medjool Date Nutrition
- Donna George of The Peanut Patch shares Fun Facts about Peanuts
Plus, Yuma Hollywood History with Steve Schnecickert!
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station travel show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Talking Summer Events in Yuma, Arizona with Rex Ijams - Yuma Art Center & Historic Theatre, Tanisha Yee - Yuma Civic Center, Oscar Chavez - City of Yuma Parks & Recreation, and Clayton Hasty - Yuma Territorial River Regatta
- Summer Travel Tips from Henry Biernacki ‘The Global Henry’ world traveler, airline captain, line check airman, and author of ‘No More Heroes’.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Historic Graveyards with Glynn Burrows of Norfolk Tours, England.
- Cooking Portobello Mushrooms with Five-star Chef Ivan Flowers of San Diego.
- Fall Fun in Yuma, Arizona with Linda Morgan, Executive Director of Yuma Visitors Bureau.
Special Big Blend Radio show on Yuma, Arizona 'Gateway to the Southwest'.
- Douglas J. Nicholls – Mayor of Yuma
- Patrick Quinn - Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre
- Bruce Brown - Desert Hills Golf Course
- Carrie Ring – Yuma Civic Center
- Yvonne Peach – Historic Coronado Motor Hotel, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill, Casa de Coronado Museum
- Dave Mansheim - Bard Date Company
- R. Michael Wilson – Author ‘Crime & Punishment in Early Arizona’
- William D. Kalt – Author ‘Tucson Was a Railroad Town’
- Glynn Burrows – English Family History Expert, Norfolk Tours UK
Plus, Yuma Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Good evening Abq Sports Crew Nation thanks for joining us tonight. The UNM Lobos Hockey team is back for their home opener. Tonight the 2-0 Lobos take on rival Northern Arizona Lumberjacks. Join Josh and Adam as they bring you all the live coverage. See you at 8pm for pregame and 815 puck drop.
Hot Tubs For Sale Mesa, Phoenix AZ, 480-969-6224 or visit http://www.SouthwestSpas.com. Dimension One Hot Tubs, Swim Spas on Sale. Low Prices and Great Service on Hot Tubs, Used Spas Best Prices and Service, 85204, 85201, 85032, 85033
What to Look For In a Quality Hot Tub: Top Three Features
It’s helpful to have a few good tips and smart information to guide your purchase. Here are the top three features that you should consider in a quality hot tub.
A high performing hot tub that provides the hydrotherapy experience you crave for low operating costs is simply a must-have. The right energy efficient heaters, pumps, even lighting can reduce operating costs significantly.
Comfort and Convenience
Consider asking the dealer to schedule a test soak, and don’t be afraid to get right in and give it a try. Remember, the best hydrotherapy isn’t due to the number of jets, but where they are strategically positioned in the tub.
Exceptional Warranty Coverage
As a consumer, look for brands that deliver on a promise. Look for coverage that provides protection against defects to your shell and cabinetry, plumbing and other components for at least five years.
To get more information about the benefits of owning a hot tub, pick up a copy of this free buyer’s guide “First Time Spa Buyers Most Frequently Asked Questions.” Just give us a call at 480-969-6224 or visit our website at: http://SouthwestSpas.com
1110 S. Country Club Dr. Mesa, Arizona 85210
Hot Tubs For Sale Phoenix, Mesa, AZ
Good evening ABQ Sports Crew Nation! Thanks for joining us on this Saturday evening. Tonight we have game 2 of the UNM vs Northern Arizona hockey series. Last night the Lobos cruised to a 6-3 victory. Tonight they will look to sweep the series spite losing Captain Brad Harris and Nick Abbot due to disqualification penalties. Join Josh and Adam as they bring you all the live coverage at 8pm with the ABQ Sports Crew Postgame show. See you then.
Jan Blaser-Upchurch, Victim Services Administrator, AZ Department of Corrections. Jan Blaser-Upchurch has a distinguished record of leadership and service to crime victims, both in Arizona and across the country. She is a steadfast advocate for the rights of victims and has worked diligently to educate the public and train victim advocates regarding vital issues facing the Victim Services community for over 20 years. Tragically, her first husband Sgt John Blaser, AZ DPS, was killed in the line of duty by a drunk driver in 1990. Since his untimely death, Jan has worked tirelessly to educate the public and to enhance DUI and crime victims’ rights legislation. She has dedicated countless volunteer hours and leadership to organizations both statewide and nationally, some of which include: Arizona Concerns of Police Survivors, Arizona DPS Critical Incident Review Board, AZ Governor’s Office of Highway Safety Task Force; Southern AZ DUI Task Force, MADD National Board, and the Concerns of Police Survivors National Board.
Jan has been the Victim Services Administrator at the Arizona Department of Corrections since 2009. In her position at ADC, she has been able to maintain a high level of service to victims of crimes whose perpetrators are incarcerated. She regularly attends clemency hearings and executions; and assists in a variety of ways to advocate for victims each and every day. Jan has provided services and morale support to thousands of victims throughout her career, and has been instrumental in shaping laws and guidelines that affect victims and offenders both in Arizona and throughout the nation.
The Arizona Cardinals are loaded with talent - but that talent is injury prone. Will Carson Palmer making through the season healthy and ready to lead? Next Fan Up's Arizona Superfan Drew breaks down the Cardinals for #GalPalNation
To follow Drew @ABrooksBrother
To listen to Next Fan Up: BlogTalkRadio.com/NextFanUp