SORT BY Relevancy
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss the impact of the legalization of marijuana and other drugs on our youth, their attitudes and their behavior. How to address the headlines concerning drug legalization with our young? What resources might be found in and out of school to help families with drug issues? These questions and more will be covered.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) in a discussion about today's youth and the current thoughts and practices of testing in today's schools. Do these tests really work as a true indicator of a child's knowledge? It is good to rely so heavily on test results? Are school children actually learning? These are some of what will be discussed in this episode.
Join Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) in a discussion about today's youth and helping them deal with peer pressure. From what they want to wear, which technology they ask permission to use, or what activities they want to be part of, our children's behavior is many times a reflection of the influences and pressures that come from their peer group. How to balance these with parental controls, which battles to choice, and when to draw the line are some of what will be discussed in this episode.
Join Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) in a discussion about today's youth and helping them form good habits. Habits can help or hinder success in school and in life. Forming positive habits will more likely result in getting more sleep, maintaining better health and weight, managing the obsessions with their devices, or finishing homework and studying for tests more successfully.
Light of Christ Chuch in Northeastern Pennsylvania is a truly special house of worship. We are radically devoted to Christ, irrevocably committed to one another and relentlessly dedicated to reaching the children of God. In this introductory radio show, come meet our Senior Pastor, Patricia Lee and hear of the many ministries that are changng lives by spreading the word of our Lord. Brought to you by the Youth Ministry, our radio hosts Anthony & Julia will speak with our Pastor to share the unique and wonderful programs at our church and our vision for the future.
Join co-hosts Dr Jason Stein (iRyse.com) and Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) as they explore the developmental markers for adolescents becoming adults.What are the signs that a child is becoming an adult? Is graduation from high school just a rite of passage or does it really signify something more important? Turning 18 is the mythical age of freedom, but in reality there is a significant increase in responsibility. These are just a few points which will be discussed in this episode.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss the important issue of raising the atypical child. The hosts will be joined by Rita Eichenstein, PhD, who was penned a guide for parents who are struggling with their ‘atypical’ child; be it ADHD, Autism, a learning disability or any other diagnosis. Dr. Eichenstein, a clinical psychologist, notes that the tendency to just focus on the child’s well being is only half the journey; because much of the child’s ultimate mental well being rests largely on the well-being of the parents and she provides tools and understanding to help parents work through the often discouraging process of raising a child with any type of difference. If you are a parent who wants help in coping with the challenges of raising an atypical child, or a professional who wants to get a better idea of how better to understand the parents of the children they work with, listen to these childcare experts talk about the issues.
Join co-hosts Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) and Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) as they discuss the very topical issue of terrorism, and the effect it has on our young., As the world seems to get increasingly more violent and insecure, how to best explain why intolerance and terror is part of our modern world will be discussed.
1. What percentage of Americans smoke on a daily basis? 20 percent, one in five.
2. What percentage of American high school students use tobacco? 20 percent, more than one in five, 5% of middle school students smoke.
3. How many adult Americans have used an illegal drug at some point in their lives?: a) 70,000 b) 700,000 c) 7,000,000 d) 70,000,000 Answer: d
4. Can drug use modify your brain? Yes.
5. True or false: Nicotine is NOT an addictive substance. False
6. How can alcohol abuse affect memory loss and dementia? Alcohol abuse can lead to or increase both.
EXAMPLES OF DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: 1. How do drugs give people pleasure? Drugs are rewarding because they directly or indirectly stimulate the brain’s natural reward system and cause dopamine to be released. Dr. Steven Hyman: “Drugs are much more reliable and potent than normal stimuli. Instead of running that marathon, or for a scientist, working for months and writing a good paper and getting it accepted—a lot of work for a little dopamine in the brain—people who use drugs find that they can literally short-circuit all of these natural processes.”
2. Why do some people fall quickly into addiction, while others can experi- ment and then walk away? Dr. Hyman: “You know, it’s hardly heroic that we use alcohol well. And there’s no special act of will. And this gets back to the issue of vulnerability. That is, people who will take drugs enough to potentially get addicted seem to seek them out and enjoy them. They seem to have fewer warning signs.” Dr. Alan Leshner: “It’s not true that you take a drug and you become addicted for the rest of your life. Some people do. Most people don’t. However, most people (who routinely use) ultimately will become addicted to an addicting substance.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss an important part of any child's life, the rite if passage. Whether it's a big birthday, or a cultural marker like grade school graduation or prom, the significance we place on these events can create anticipation, expectation, and stress. Why do we build these into our kids' lives and how to keep their importance in balance are amoung the topic discussed.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss teaching our youth about moderation.; What does it mean? Why is it important? How to best model the behavior which is very important to the maturation of today's young.
Tonight, on The Nadi: we'll look at funerals and death and the customs that have surrounded them. Do we, as a faith-based community, handle them accordingly? Then, we'll look at the rise of drugs within the community in lieu of the article in this month's issue of The Chaldean News: including the use of Heroin. More cases are coming out in the open, and it's becoming less taboo. What can be done to deal with this issue? Listeners are encouraged to call in at 347-857-3847. Tune in tonight from 9PM-11PM
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (360 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (42 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (39 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- Odwirafo (21 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (21 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (18 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (17 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (10 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- SURN Host (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (7 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (6 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- The Advise Show (6 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (4 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)