SORT BY Relevancy
3/23/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Young Adult Cancer Connection's Dakota Fisher-Vance (Co-Founder) and Rachel Wetzel (member) about the growing Philadelphia young adult cancer community — AND the first ever Cancervention Conference. Survivor Spotlight on ovarian cancer survivor, actorvist, writer, and founder of Bald Is Beautiful Sharon Blynn.
Join us as we celebrate the upcoming 7th Annual OMG! Cancer Summit for Young Adults by welcoming rock star cancer caregivers Dan Crail (caregivers to Liz Harms) and Jayna Martin (caregiver to Ashley Martin). We will be discussing the complexities and nuances of what it takes to get busy living as a primary caregiver to a young adult with cancer. Survivor spotlight on Jared Sweat.
Join us as we celebrate the upcoming 7th Annual OMG! Cancer Summit by welcoming executive leadership from three OMG2014 exhibitor nonprofit AYA organizations (Heather Salazar (Executive Director, Pink Ribbon Girls), Michael Randazzo (Board of Directors, Survivor Glam Squad) and Terry Arnold (Founder, IBC Network Foundation). Survivor spotlight on OMG! Steering Committee member Paul Berman
SURVIVOR SPOTLIGHT HEATHER BUCHAN Young Adult Survivor Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (2x) Stupid Cancer Intern Alumni LAURA SCHOCKER Senior Editor, Healthy Living The Huffington Post SEAMUS MCKIERNAN Young Adult Cancer Caregiver Associate Blog Editor The Huffington Post
While cancer is a complex and heartbreaking disease at any point in one's life, being diagnosed in one's twenties and thirties can disrupt major milestones: new career, financial independence, FERTILITY. Fertility preservation is often not introduced to young adult cancer patients until its too late. It is important to know your options before your chemotherapy or radiation starts, and we are talking with young adult cancer survivors and expert to learn more about available recourse.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
3/9/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Dr. Thomas Weber (President, Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation) and Katie Rich about the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation and the first ever early age onset/young adult colorectal cancer summit. Survivor Spotlight on international motivational speaker and public health advocate Jessica Melore
Alison Rey is very new to the adult industry. With only a few scenes filmed to date, you may not be famaliar with her name. But don't blink because it won't be long before she's a household name. I first heard her on another podcast and was impressed by her confidence and mature thinking. Here we'll cover her jump into the industry, career outside interests and where she’s headed! I'll also be joined by DJ Tommy Cruz.
The delayed entry into marriage that characterizes modern society raises questions about young adults' romantic relationship trajectories and whether patterns found to characterize adolescent romantic relationships persist into young adulthood. The current study traced developmental transitions into and out of romantic relationships from age 18 through age 25 in a sample of 511 young adults. The developmental antecedents of these different romantic relationship experiences in both distal and proximal family and peer domains were also examined. Analyses included both person-oriented and variable-oriented approaches. Findings show 5 distinct clusters varying in timing, duration, and frequency of participation in romantic relationships that range from those who had only recently entered into a romantic relationship to those who had been in the same relationship from age 18 to age 25. These relationship outcome trajectory clusters were predicted by variations in competence in early relationships with family and peers. Interpersonal experiences in family and peer contexts in early childhood through adolescence thus may form a scaffold on which later competence in romantic relationships develops. Findings shed light on both normative and nonnormative developmental transitions of romantic relationships in young adulthood.
Join us tonight as we speak to Ulman Cancer Fund President/CEO Brock Yetso and Program Manager Laura Scruggs for an exclusive roundtable event highlighting their foundation's programs, mission and impact for young adults with cancer. Survivor spotlight Stephanie Madsen, founder of “Derailing My Diagnosis”.
DoSomething.org runs hundreds of national cause campaigns to help young people make a tangible impact in their community. Any cause. Anytime. Anywhere. Join us a we welcome Mike Fantini(Head of Product) to discuss DoSomething's Give a Spit About Cancer campaign. An initiative that helps young people run cheek swabbing drives to get people in their community get signed up for the national bone marrow registry. Survivor Spotlight on Michael Saperstein.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (110 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (37 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (19 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (17 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (16 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (15 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (15 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (13 chatters)
- Medium David M Baker (10 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (4 chatters)
- Authors Supporting Authors (4 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (3 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Is That Jazz Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- righteoushustle (1 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)
- Prophet TB Joshua Teachings (1 chatters)
- DontLetThemBurn (0 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (0 chatters)