SORT BY Relevancy
How and why plot works in the construction of your story. The difference between plot driven and character driven narrative.
How world building contributes to your story and how poor world building can ruin it.
Novel Plotting Worksheets
Outlining Your Plot (PDF link)
Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell (book on Amazon)
On World Building
Seven Deadly Sins of World Building
Five Foundations of World Building
Thirteen World Building Questions
Devices we discussed on the show
Digital (magic) Pen
Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard
9pm Pacific, 10pm Mountain, 11pm Central, 12pm Eastern
Dungeon Crawlers Radio welcomes to the show author Katherine Addison, talking about her new book, The Goblin Emperor.
THE GOBLIN EMPEROR by Katherine Addison which releases on April 1st, 2014. Is a vividly imagined, steampunk-inflected world filled with court intrigue and dark magics which has already received a starred review from Kirkus Reviews, and Publishers Weekly says, “Ambitious and meticulously executed worldbuilding brings an animated dazzle to this exceptional assemblage of character studies and complex encounters.”
This episode of Dungeon Crawlers Radio has been brought to you by Audible. Visit http://www.audibletrial.com/DungeonCrawlersRadio for a free trial membership*.
*Note: From the Audible website, here are the terms of the free membership. Read the fine print, please!
Audible® Free Trial Details
* Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener® Gold membership plan free, which includes one credit. In almost all cases, one credit equals one audiobook. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $14.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive one credit per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.
The doctor is in -- the Write Stuff Clinic This episode of the Write Stuff is a clinic. We are going to be looking how to develop interesting characters and worldbuilding. We will ake your characters sketches -- well thoughtout or half-baked or not complete and give you advice about how to make them more interesting.
Are you a building a world? A space station? A fantasy kingdom? You need the essentials on how to worldbuild so this clinic is for you. We will be joined by a therapist, Dr. Sabrina Jackson - who knows all about people. And Becky Minor- quite knowledgeable about world building. For this episode, the doctors are in studio. Plus we have several giveaways as well as news for the upcoming SORMAG conference. You don't want to miss it.
Welcome to Crazy Tuesdays, hosted by Rowena Cherry.
The Sime~Gen novels by Jacqueline Lichtenberg and Jean Lorrah are being turned into a video role-playing game, taking the series off Earth and into space. In this episode, Rowena interviews Jacqueline about this fascinating process, as well as worldbuilding science fiction. Tune in for more about Sime~Gen and the new story-driven game, Ambrov X. Follow Rowena Cherry:
RowenaCherry.Com FaceBook Twitter PWRTalk.Com Thank you for listening.
Join Mark Del Franco, Kate Smith, Ilona Andrews, Jordan Summers, Cheyenne McCray, and Jeri Smith-Ready as they talk about how to make fictional worlds come alive, from urban to rural and everywhere in between. Diana Gill, Executive Editor of Eos will host this lively conversation. Be sure to log in or call in to join us.
Join Host Live Chats
- PatriotVPN (16 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (10 chatters)
- Kalagenesis (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (4 chatters)
- Roger Taylor (4 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Kshell (1 chatters)
- Political Justice (1 chatters)
- The Real Side Radio (1 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (1 chatters)
- TGMCS (0 chatters)