SORT BY Relevancy
The benefits of physical activity are immense. According to the CDC, exercise can reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes and even cancer as well as improve your mental health and increase your chances of living a longer life.
Our host, Anthony Figliola sits down with Cancer Survivor, Orthopaedic Surgeon and MDfitness originator Dr. Tom Kleeman, MD to talk about "The Doctor's Workout." This workout is a full-body exercise program for men and women over age 45 to prevent health issues as well as assist in treatment.
Dr. Tom Kleeman, MD
Tom Kleeman graduated with his medical degree from the Yale University School of Medicine in 1981 and remained at Yale for a residency in Orthopedics until 1986. Tom obtained a fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of Maryland in 1992 during which time he was involved in research and helped the writing of a textbook. He then returned to New Hampshire where he started a Spine Center affiliated with Catholic Medical Center. In 1995 he founded the New Hampshire Neurospine Institute.
Dr Kleeman has been involved in several FDA studies and has published many journal articles and lectured extensively in the United States and Internationally. With the help of his wife Anne he has become dedicated to the use of exercise and good nutrition as a means of maintaining quality of life during the aging process while preventing or aiding in the treatment of many common illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and cancer.
Dr. Kleeman is also a cancer survivor who has found the benefits of exercise instrumental in his own recovery. Tom is also an instrument rated pilot devoting his free time to volunteering for Angel Flight, an organization dedicated to helping transport patients from rural areas to major cities where they can receive treatment.
Has this ever happened to you? Or have you ever noticed that one type of exercise gives you a better result than others? Well, whether you like it or not, it’s determined by your genetics. That’s right. How your body responds to certain exercises is mostly due to good ol’ family genes.Tune in for a better workout!
Nicholas Snow welcomes Craig Ramsay, one of the most sought-after fitness experts in the business. You know him from Bravo's Thintervention; from the fabuous book, Anatomy of Stretching; and from the hit online video series, 5-Minute Workout Anywhere.
Check out Nicholas Snow's HIV Memoir, Life Positive: A Journey To The Center of My Heart, and visit his web site.
Heading to the gym for an intense workout is common. But, have you tried Water Fitness? This form of fitness is the most under-rated workout and is mostly associated to the ageing and injured population. Not so! Even the most advanced athletes can get a great workout and prevent many injuries. Tune in to learn the benefits of Water Fitness and how to incorporate it into your athletic lifestyle.
Joga is growing in popularity as a workout that responds to specific demands of athletes, who are both results and achievement oriented individuals.
An athletic based style of yoga, Joga incorporates a unique blend of postures, breathing techniques, and relaxation tools to find balance in strength and flexibility, improve breath control and recovery, and maintain a calm mind.
Joga helps athletes to feel stronger, more flexible and re-energized and provides all the other physiological and psychological benefits of yoga.
Organizations like the Calgary Stampeders, Toronto Argonauts and the Olympic Men’s Beach Volleyball team incorporated Joga into their training. Jana Webb’s unique blend of postures and breathing techniques improves performance and helps prevent injury.
Joga has become part of Jana’s offerings to both NHL and OHL players during off-season and is creating jobs via Joga teacher training for others.
Jana Webb joins us LIVE at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio on Wednesday, June 18th at 7PM EST. Listen each Friday at NOON repeat on AMFM247 or to any BtC episode via iTunes Radio.
Awesome subject dealing with the New Year and how people across the nations are trying to find that perfect workout to help burn off the fat and lose the weight. but hold up! could your workout be causing you to gain weight rather than lose weight? And what about all those energy bars and juice drinks so many of us are eating and consuming after vigorous workout. Well we'll discuss this and more on tonight's special edition episode.
in Self Help
Tune in a get some tips on how to have a better fitness workout. Make the time that you spend working out, count. Getting a better workout is easier than you think.
Sign up for the "Do Life With Power" Challenge and get ready to have fun, win prizes and to achieve tangible goals. Learn what it really takes to live the life you desire.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (18 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (13 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (10 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (10 chatters)
- Dave in the City (9 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- The Stack Off (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- angelicar (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Wellness Universe (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Famosity (3 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (2 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (2 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- EarlandHannah (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (2 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Coachjeanna (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- That Nerd Show (1 chatters)
- The Dr Kim Show (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Signalis Show (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Versus Podcast (1 chatters)