SORT BY Relevancy
The show will explore the hardships that many working Americans face daily earning minimum pay. These Americans are often victims of systematic forms of usary and encounter difficulties rising above poverty lines. We will examine ways to transform the lives of the working poor while exploring the biblical principles of tithing, giving and receiving.
One in three adult women is living in poverty or on the brink of it, according to A Woman's Nation, the joint study published by the Center for American Progress and The Shriver Report. Sixty-two percent of minimum wage jobs are held by women, which is why we consider this a women's issue. It ain't easy being in the economic class described as "the working poor," as illustrated by the Shriver Report's new HBO documentary, "Paycheck to Paycheck: A Year in the Life of Katrina Gilbert." MOMocrats Cynematic, Karoli and Donna Schwartz Mills lead this political discussion from the progressive point of view by the MOMocrats. Produced by Engender Media Group.
Tenants gathered in the community room of Stonehenge Village, an Upper West Side rental complex, to hear about its new gym. Management explained that only market-rate tenants — fewer than 40 percent of the residents — would have access, Jean Green Dorsey, the president of the tenant association.“I had a room full of people going crazy,” said Ms. Dorsey, who has lived in the building since 1972 in a rent-stabilized unit. Ms. Dorsey pays $1,107 a month for a two-bedroom with a terrace and views of Harlem. New York Times
Extell, was approved under a city program meant to incentivize affordable housing, New York's Department of Housing Preservation and Development The 33-story building, now under construction at 40 Riverside Boulevard on the Upper West Side, will contain 219 luxury units facing the Hudson River. There will also be a segment on floors two through six that will contain 55 street-facing units for the building's poorer residents. This segment will have a Poor Door.Residents living in the lower-income part of 40 Riverside will be prohibited from using the attractive amenities commonly found in Extell properties, including a gym and a swimming pool.
WHY ARE POOR PEOPLE POOR AND RICH PEOPLE RICH? TONIGHT WE ARE GOING TO LOOK AT SOME THINGS THAT YOU HAVE ASKED YOURSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHY ARE POOR PEOPLE POOR AND RICH PEOPLE RICH?
IS IT BECAUSE OF HOW THE RICH OR POOR ARE PARENTS RAISED THEM OR IS IT BECAUSE THEY HAD MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE?
THE ANSWER I GIVE YOU MAY UPSET YOU, BUT THERE IS A REASON WHY THE POOR IS POOR AND THE RICH IS RICH.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (47 chatters)
- Curious Times (37 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (33 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (21 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (14 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (12 chatters)
- Love Productions (11 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (11 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (10 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (9 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (7 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (5 chatters)
- El Maat (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (4 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (3 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- ETA (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Linda Mooney (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SciFi4Me Live From the Bunker (1 chatters)
- Inviting Love (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (1 chatters)
- WRESTLE RAMA (1 chatters)
- CHOIICE ENTERTAINMENT (0 chatters)