SORT BY Relevancy
Monday, December 2, 2013
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST
A recent survey of workforce boards by the Federal Reserve indicated that nearly 60% of WIBs have representatives from the banking industry on their boards. However, only 10% of boards had engaged Community Reinvestment Act funding to develop complementary programs. So how can WIBs better partner with this important and expanding industry sector to bring services to low-income job seekers or youth and better prepare them to enter or re-enter the workforce? The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) is legislation that puts an obligation on banks to serve all members of the community where they take deposits, and meet the credit needs of their local areas. The Federal Reserve has oversight of the CRA, and wants to develop new and innovative ways for banks to meet their requirements under the Act by serving the low to middle income population through partnerships with the workforce system. Join us NAWB CEO Ron Painter as he interviews Federal Reserve of Kansas City’s Community Development Director, Steve Shepelwich, on Monday, December 2nd at 1:00 PM. During this 30-minute interview, learn how the Federal Reserve system can help WIBs partner with local banks to create complementary programs and even identify funding streams to advance financial literacy and workforce readiness among their customers.
View a map of Federal Reserve Community Investment Areas
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST
Can WIA funds be leveraged to assist communities during and after disaster events? How can workforce development organizations provide innovative solutions as part of a disaster response? On the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, the National Association of Workforce Boards, in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Disaster Management (CDM), released a new research report titled The Impact of Extreme Events on Business Organizations: Innovative Approaches to Managing Risk. In this episode of Workforce Central Radio, NAWB CEO Ron Painter interviews Dr. Louise Comfort, the Director of the CDM and author of the report. Drawing on research interviews with nine innovative WIBs who showed leadership in their communities during disaster events, they will discuss the important role workforce boards can take in helping their areas during times of disaster, the policies that should be in place to help maximize efforts, and how they can leverage existing programs and become a bridge between federal disaster programs and municipal/local efforts. Please join us on Wednesday, December 18th for this insightful interview!
Monday, September 30, 2013
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
Governing Institute and Monster Government Solutions have partnered to convene a National Summit on Workforce and Economic Development called Strong Talent Drives Strong Economies, in October 2013. The Summit will address ways that workforce and economic development experts from across the United States are driving stronger economies by building and strengthening the workforce.
The Summit aims to arm attendees with successful economic development strategies and best practices that attendees can take back and apply to their region. Join NAWB CEO Ron Painter as he interviews Governing Institute Director Mark Funkhouser and Bruce Stephen of Monster Government Solutions for a preview of the ideas that will be discussed at the Summit and ways that workforce development can contribute to furthering economic progress in their local areas.
Questions about the Summit? Please contact Bruce Stephen (Monster Government Solutions) or Mark Funkhouser (Governing Institute).
Bill Jeffries and John Singer, hosts of Professional Development Straegies launch the radio series with an introduction to Career Transition, Development and Advancement.
John Singer and Bill Jeffries, Hosts of Professional Development Strategies open the first episode discussing proper preparation for Career Transition and Network Methodologies.
Behind the Curtain: A Real Look at the State of the Workforce
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST
Drexel University’s Paul Harrington shares insights into what’s behind the 3 million job vacancy numbers and what is actually happening in the labor market in an interview with NAWB CEO Ron Painter.
in Self Help
What does conscious living mean? And are you in control of your life or are you a victim of what life throws at you?
When you are present in your life, you are in control of it. When you are conscious of the decisions you are making, you are in control. So where do you stand?
“A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation.”
- Neale Donald Walsch
Have you ever had the feeling that you’re drifting through life, and you are not going where you want to go? Or that you don’t know how you got where you are today?
Living consciously is a life style, a skill, an art. It’s a positive habit that you can form for the rest of your life. Are you ready to explore yourself and start living consciously? Join me and my Guest Villa Powell as she shares her new book: “Thirty Day Journey Toward Transformation”. Her book is a daily resource and guide to assist you on your journey of self- development and spiritual evolution.
For more information contact Coach Rea at: http://YourLifeNow.info or email us at: YourLifeNow.email@example.com
in Self Help
Individuals that have been laid off or fired have the opportunity to be re-trained using government funds. Listen to today's program to learn more about WIA (Workforce Investment Act) and how you can obtain between $5,000-$8,000 for training to upgrade your skills.
Tonight we have the honor to hear from husband and wife team John and Charlene Donelson.
Charlene is a survivor of childhood sexual and verbal abuse. She shares her process and the trials of her childhood; how she manages to deal with the reflections that resonated in her adult life. The effects of her past experiences tried try to destroy her emotionally, physically, and spiritually. She holds onto the truth of God’s word that tells us all that, “We are overcomers by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of our testimonies”.
John is also a survivor, but of a different type of abuse. He is a product of a teenage rape, and through the abuse, or (ab-normal use) of an adult’s authority in his life, he shares about how he was exposed to ography at a very young age- that planted the seeds for an addiction. Although this is accepted in our society today, it has a lasting snowball effect on the mind and spirit that causes much pain and destruction; leaving behind a trail of broken relationships, self-esteem issues, ography addiction, and even more. He shares his battles, victories and the lessons that he learned in life to the glory of God.
Starting a family together under these conditions was not and is still not easy. As you can imagine, their journey has been filled with much pain and frustration and yet they made it through together and are advocates against violence and abuse and on the speaker’s bureau for RAINN, the Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network in Washington, D.C.
ASCD presents AUTHOR PETE HALL
Capacity Building in Professional Development and News of the upcoming ASCD Institutes
Presented by The Great Books Foundation
Thursday, March 13, 2014
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM EST
The Capital One Foundation launched the Human Capital Innovation Fund (HCIF) to invest in workforce organizations that want to better position low-income workers and those in specific low-income populations for well-paying jobs through collaborative work with education, industry sectors, and economic development organizations. With an outside-the-box approach to programming, the Fund has identified locations where the most impact could be made and has helped those areas generate innovative thinking around common challenges. On Thursday, March 13, join NAWB CEO Ron Painter and Capital One Vice President Catherine Foca for a discussion of the problems solved when collaborative thinking is combined with a determination to reinvent the status quo. As a Platinum Sponsor of NAWB Forum, we welcome Capital One for this final installment in our Forum 2014 series.
A community only grows with unity , and circulating the current currency is key to empowerment
Join VdubBoogie as we touch on the power and system of group economics and development. http;//www.indydynasty.com email firstname.lastname@example.org
MindFoodMonday is intended to bring information to the people who want change development and growth
for more information contact MindFoodmonday@gmail.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (129 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- John Baptist (13 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (13 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (12 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (10 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (8 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (4 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (4 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- canadianglen (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (2 chatters)
- DDP Radio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Tisa Lee (1 chatters)
- theKingscourt (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Dr Auset (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- David and Wes (1 chatters)
- BTR4367 (1 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (1 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (1 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (1 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (1 chatters)
- MoeTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- knowurenemy (1 chatters)
- Hello World0 (0 chatters)