SORT BY Relevancy
Come celebrate 45 years since woodstock as captured by Baron Wolman!
Baron Wolman is an American photographer best known for his work in the late 1960s for the music magazine Rolling Stone becoming the magazine's first editor of photography from 1967 to 1970. Join Markham Vineyards in celebrating the 45th anniversary of the legendary Woodstock music festival with the photo retrospective On Assignment: Woodstock, featuring photos from Rolling Stone Magazine’s First Chief Photographer, Baron Wolman. Meet Baron Wolman at the artist’s reception on Saturday, April 19, 11:00am – 1:00pm in conjunction with Napa Valley Arts in April.The exhibit consists of 50 pieces from the 100-piece collection which Wolman donated to The Museum at Bethel Woods. These selected photos will be on display at the Markham Gallery March 1 – August 31, 2014. The exhibit features photos of live performances, documentary portraits and studio/semi-posed portraits along with a wealth of background information regarding Woodstock and Rolling Stone Magazine. Wolman used three cameras during the festival and shot 16 rolls of black-and-white film. Those attending the festival are really the stars of Wolman’s work – they illustrate how the festival became a legend in so many hearts and minds. http://www.fotobaron.com/
There’s no doubt that baby boomer women are revolutionizing the spirit and style of aging. And—thanks to Ann Baker, visionary boomer/organizer—we now have two special gatherings to celebrate this remarkable time in our lives!
Women at Woodstock is all about renewal, creativity, connections, and passion. These content-rich events (Women at Woodstock West and Women at Woodstock East) feature notable speakers—including Suzanne Braun Levine, Gloria Loring, Amy Ferris, Barbara Hannah Grufferman, and many others—who will reignite your joy in living fully after fifty.
Ann will be sharing the details of how you can find out more. So, if you’re a boomer woman who’s ready to “step consciously into your future,” you’ll want to be certain to catch this one!
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes Jenny Brown, co-founder of the nonprofit Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary. In addition, we will welcome Cheryl Durzy of The Vegan Vine to share about how Vegan Vine wines are made entirely without any animal products - perfect for summertime wine sipping! Newsflash: You can now pre-order the companion cookbook to Season Three of Jazzy Vegetarian on PBS: Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites. About Jenny Brown: Woodstock Farm Sanctuary cares for more than 200 animal victims of the meat and dairy industry. Jenny’s memoir, The Lucky Ones, is about her journey from cancer survivor to farmed animal advocate. The Lucky Ones, was co-written with Gretchen Primack and it includes animal-friendly recipes. Brown’s passion, resiliency and skill at overcoming obstacles inspires readers to make compassionate food choices as well as recognize that “just one person” can make a difference.
TalkingMotorcycleZ "LIVE" at Woodstock Harley-Davidson and The Road Hawgs!
Lets talk New Motorcyclez, used, parts finder, tips on maintenance, new friendZ, new meet-ups, KSU everywhere in the nation. Tune in as Doug Jackson, Chee from Road Hawgs and Steve Tomaszewski take calls from the nation and TALKMOTORCYCLEZ.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Bar and Shield Award
for 5 consecutive years!
2050 S. Eastwood Drive Woodstock IL 60098
Phone: 815.337.3511 Fax: 815.337.3571
Toll Free Phone: 877.WSHARLEY
What comes to mind when you think of Woodstock? No doubt it’s hazy memories of that famously radical decade, the sixties. But we boomers are nowhere near done with our revolutionary ways. In fact we gals are now transforming the spirit and style of aging and there’s no better place to kick off the celebration than Woodstock.
Ann Baker, the visionary boomer who created “Women at Woodstock” is joining us to share all about that remarkable retreat, her thoughts on aging and renewal, and why becoming a crone is a good thing. So, if you’re a lucky member of the feisty side of fifty, be sure to tune in for this one—this interview is just for YOU!
Before there was a Woodstock Concert, there was Elliot Tiber working to make a go of his parents’ upstate New York hotel, the El Monaco. It wasn’t easy. The Jewish clientele who had returned to the Catskills year after year had discovered Florida, and the upstate hotel business was dying.
To save his family’s livelihood, Elliot put on plays, musicals, and local festivals. In the process, Elliot became the area’s official issuer of event permits--not that anybody else wanted that position. Elliot even worked weekends as an interior design artist in New York City, all in the hopes of helping his family.
In the summer of 1969, Elliot Tiber’s life changed in a way he never could have foreseen. Greenwich Village had become the mecca for gays in America. There, Elliot had socialized with the likes of Truman Capote, Tennessee Williams, Andy Warhol, and a talented young photographer named Robert Maplethorpe, and yet had managed to keep his gay life a secret from his family. Then on Friday, June 27, Elliot walked into the Stonewall Inn--and witnessed the riot that would galvanize the gay movement in the United States. And on July 17, when Elliot read that the Woodstock Concert promoters had lost their license to stage the show in Wallkill, he called to offer his help in finding a new venue. In the days that followed, Elliot found himself swept up in a vortex that would change his life forever.
The events that unfolded during that hot New York summer have come to be recognized as major turning points in our cultural history. Few, however, have enjoyed Elliot Tiber’s unique view of those events. Taking Woodstock is the funny, touching, and true story of the man who enabled Woodstock to take place. It is also the personal story of one man who took stock of his life, his lifestyle, and his future. In short, Taking Woodstock is like no history of Woodstock you have ever read.
“Between the Worlds” is that illuminated and spiritual place where the physical and non-physical worlds meet.
It is the place we sometimes visit when we meditate and pray and it is usually here where we find our answers.
It is the place where we become one with our Divine “Source” and it is here where we meet with our Angels, our Guides and our loved ones from the other side.
Adam Bernstein is a fabulous medium from Southeastern NY where he stands between the worlds. Tonight he will join psychic medium Susan Averre, The Medium At Large from Cleveland, to bring you evidence and messages from spirit!
Join us for a fun evening! Call in early, phones open at 6:45 pm ET (661) 521-7554
Elliot Tiber is our special guest! Talking with Kate Hennessy, on Get Focused Radio, about Woodstock, Judy Garland, the Mob and more!
``Taking Woodstock`` is the true story of Elliot Tiber, the man who was instrumental in arranging the site for the original Woodstock Concert. Elliot, whose parents owned an upstate New York motel, was working in Greenwich Village in the summer of 1969. On July 15, when Elliot learned that the Woodstock Concert promoters were unable to stage the show in a town near his parents’ motel, he found them a new venue—a move that would change his life forever. Taking Woodstock was made into an acclaimed motion picture from academy award winner, director Ang Lee and starring comedian Demetri Martin (released in 2009 by Focus Features).
THIS IS AN ARCHIVED SHOW, PLEASE DO NOT CALL IN!
in Self Help
VividLife Radio's Ed and Deb Shapiro welcome Chandra/Jo Sgammato Yogi, Manager of Integral Yoga Insitute and initiator of Yoga at Work and School Programs for a conversation on going from Rebel to Woodstock Yogi.
Chandra/Jo Sgammato grew up rebellious, angry, and anti-social until she found yoga. She is the Manager of the New York Integral Yoga Institute (IYI), and has initiated Yoga at Work and Yoga at School programs that bring yoga to New York City businessmen and teenagers: students with all the problems she had at that age take a credit-bearing semester in hatha yoga and self-development that helps them navigate the rough road of teenagers. Chandra shares her journey and how her life changed through the teachings Sri Swami Satchidananda, the founder of IYI also known as the Woodstock Guru, and an esteemed spiritual leader who dedicated his life to both individual and universal peace. His teachings influence Dr. Dean Ornish’s work in reversing heart disease and Dr. Michael Lerner’s work with cancer patients. To honor the life of one of the great Yogis of our time Chandra, Premanjali, Claudia Kreiss, Ed and Deb are creating “Global Garland 2014” a year of events celebrating the 100th birth anniversary of Sri Swami Satchidananda.
Viewing Ang Lee’s “Taking Woodstock,” we recalled that Joni Mitchell, who’s not in the film, wrote the Woodstock song. Even though she dropped out from making that festival scene in upstate New York in 1969. Why? Her manager insisted she appear on the Dick Cavett Show. All the same, Joni immortalized the event with her lyrics, as did singers Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, who scored a hit on Billboard’s Hot 100 with the Woodstock single from their album, Deja Vu. “By the time we got to Woodstock,” go the lyrics, “we were half a million strong, and everywhere there was song and celebration …”
“She captured the feeling and importance of the Woodstock festival better than anyone who’d been there,” reflected David Crosby. Joni wrote the song in a Manhattan hotel room, while watching the events unfold on her television. Not being there, she claimed, gave her an intense perspective on what was happening during the landmark folk-rock concert of “peace and victory.”
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (175 chatters)
- John Baptist (92 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- DDP Radio (47 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (37 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (24 chatters)
- AlimBey (22 chatters)
- canadianglen (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (18 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (14 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (14 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (10 chatters)
- Hex Education (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (10 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (9 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (9 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (9 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (9 chatters)
- David and Wes (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (5 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (5 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (5 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (4 chatters)
- DLFootball (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (3 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (3 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- sonsoflight (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WritersOnlineNetwork Radio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (1 chatters)
- Minister Derrick (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (1 chatters)
- Dave in the City (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (0 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (0 chatters)