SORT BY Relevancy
Wm Paul Young, author of The Shack, Cross Roads, The Shack Reflections, and the upcoming Cross Roads Reflections, suffered great loss as a child and young adult. There was a desperate grasping after grace and wholeness, the pain of trying to adjust to different cultures, of life losses that seemed too staggering to bear. And then came the unexpected emergence of joy. His novel, Cross Roads, will be part of our discussion. Listen in and be inspired by Young's journey to transformation. wmpaulyoung.com or opentableconference.com for more information.
Author Wm. Paul Young is Married to Kim 33 years, father to 6, father-in-law to 3, grandfather to 6. Author, The Shack, Cross Roads (Nov 13, 2012), The Shack Reflections (Oct 2, 2012). http://www.wmpaulyoung.com About Tyora Tyora Moody is an author and entrepreneur. Her debut novel, When Rain Falls, was released March 2012 (Urban Christian). This is the first book in the Victory Gospel series. The second book in the Victory Gospel Series, When Memories Fade, will be released in April 2013 (Urban Christian). http://www.facebook.com/AuthorTyoraMoody
Wm Still's Underground Railroad Book presented by The Gist of Freedom
AN UNDERGROUND RAILROAD REUNION - MEETING OF BLIND FATHER AND HIS SONS,
Jackson found his poor old father here, The Underground Rail Road's Vigilance Committee.
In Philadelphia, where he had resided for a number of years in a state of almost total blindness, and of course in much parental anxiety about his boys in chains. On the arrival of Jackson, his heart overflowed with joy and gratitude not easily described, as the old man had hardly been able to muster faith enough to believe that he should ever look with his dim eyes upon one of his sons in Freedom. After a day or two's tarrying, Jackson took his departure for
safer and more healthful localities, her "British Majesty's possessions." The old man remained only to feel more keenly than ever, the pang of
having sons still toiling in hopeless servitude.
Click and Listen to The Gist of Freedom we continue our Reading: William Still's The Underground Railroad published in 1871
At this juncture, the fugitives verily believing that the time had arrived for the practical use of their pistols and dirks, pulled them out of their concealment—the young women as well as the young men—and declared they would not be "taken!" One of the white men raised his gun, pointing the muzzle directly towards one of the young women, with the threat that he would "shoot," etc. "Shoot! shoot!! shoot!!!" she exclaimed,
"The Shack" author Wm. PAUL Young will be here on PowerTalk Authors Radio to discuss his book and what has been going on since it was first published in 2007. TodaysGuest, Wm. "Paul" Young wrote a fiction book about McKenzie Allen Phillips and his youngest daughter, Missy, who was abducted to a shack in the Oregon wilderness. A suspicious note brings Mack back to that shack 4 years later. Did God have anything to do with that note? You can hear Paul's answer&
Join The Gist of Freedom as we continue Reading William Still's book, The Underground Railroad published in 1871!
The bleeding heart of the husband resolved to escape at all hazards, taking with him a daguerreotype likeness of his wife which he happened to have on hand, and a lock of hair from her head, and from each of the children, as mementoes of his unbounded (though sundered) affection for them.
After crossing the river, his wet clothing freezing to him, he rode all night, a distance of about forty miles. In the morning he left his faithful horse tied to a fence, quite broken down. He then commenced his dreary journey on foot—cold and hungry—in a strange place, where it was quite unsafe to make known his condition and wants. Thus for a day or two, without food or shelter, he traveled until his feet were literally worn out, and in this condition he arrived at Harrisburg, where he found friends. Passing over many of the interesting incidents on the road, suffice it to say, he arrived safely in this city, on New Year's night, 1857, about two hours before day break (the telegraph having announced his coming from Harrisburg), having been a week on the way.
The night he arrived was very cold; besides, the Underground train, that morning, was about three hours behind time; in waiting for it, entirely out in the cold, a member of the Vigilance Committee thought he was frosted. But when he
In setting out for freedom, Wesley was the leader of this party. After two nights of fatiguing travel at a distance of about sixty miles from home, the young aspirants for liberty were betrayed, and in an attempt made to capture them a most bloody conflict ensued. Both fugitives and pursuers were the recipients of severe wounds from gun shots, and other weapons used in teh contest. Wesley bravely used his firearms until almost fatally wounded by one of the pursuers, who with a heavily loaded gun discharged the contents with deadly aim in his left arm, which raked the flesh from the bone for a space of about six inches in length. One of Wesley's companions also fought heroically and only yielded when badly wounded and quite overpowered. The two youngeir (brothers of C. Matterson) it seemed made no resistance. In order to recall the adventures of this struggle, and the success of Wesley Harris, it is only necessary to copy the report as then penned from the lips of this young hero, while on the Underground Rail Road, even then in a very critical state. Most fearful indeed was his condition when he was brought to the Vigilance Committee in this City.
Join Elusive1 as he welcomes Tyler Wm Bounds to the show. Tyler Bounds is a BFRO investigator, bigfoot researcher, and crew member on the Animal Planet television series "Finding Bigfoot." He was raised and still lives in northwest Washington, having the North Cascades as his literal backyard. He is a lifelong hiker, backpacker, outdoorsman and explorer, and also made his home in southcentral Alaska for several years. Additionally, he is a Gear Tester for Backpacker Magazine, w
Joining Joey Pinkney is the beautiful Elissa Gabrielle, CEO of the award-winning, Peace in the Storm Publishing Company and contributor to Sh'Moore's Fire & Desire, recently released via Passion Ink Press.
This episode is sponsored, in part, by:
Passion Ink Press, Vanessa Davis and Wm Kane https://www.amazon.com/author/wmkane
Nano Reef Hour: Tips & Tricks Marine Aquarist
Sunday November 3rd 2013, 10 pm est, 9 pm cst, 7 pm pst
Mr Joe Faszl and Mr Albert J Thiel have scheduled a discussion on some of the following topics:
How to reduce aggression of new fish?
How to remove a fish eating crab?
How to remove fish from a tank without tearing it apart?
How to keep fish and shrimp from stealing food from LPS?
How to survive a power outage?
How to cool a tank a few degrees?
How to make an anemone move?
For More information see:
To Order Albert Thiels book "Nano Reef Aquariums - A Comprehensive Guide for the Nano Reef Aquarist"
Check out the Under The Sea Radio Show Store at:
For More information about the Under The Sea Radio Show go to the website at:
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (487 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (117 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (48 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- The Audible (20 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (18 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (18 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (16 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (16 chatters)
- Love Productions (15 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (15 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (15 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (10 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (10 chatters)
- New Colony Network (9 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (9 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (8 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (8 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (7 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- RHeart (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (5 chatters)
- VOICE OF REASON at FMSM (4 chatters)
- The Tarot Bitches (4 chatters)
- Growl Radio (4 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (3 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (3 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (3 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (3 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Nikkology (3 chatters)
- Ninja Scroll (3 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (3 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (3 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- InThe Plug (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- David Fournier (2 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- CharHardin (1 chatters)
- 1stfamradio (1 chatters)
- Doc Wythe (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Lady Don (1 chatters)
- ISTA Network (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (1 chatters)
- Voices United Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wild World (1 chatters)
- poorbiker (1 chatters)
- Radio PI (1 chatters)
- Living Aligned Radio (1 chatters)
- Seattle Sports Hub Radio (0 chatters)