SORT BY Relevancy
This webcast of Wisconsin EMS Live was recorded on Tuesday, July 14 starting at 9:00 a.m. central time. The live broadcast discussed TRIP and Stars of Life 2015.
TRIP stands for Tax Refund Intercept Program. Since an ambulance service can't do a credit check when being dispatched to a person's 911 call, some patients unfortunately don't pay their ambulance bill even after the insurance company has sent the check directly to them for that purpose. This leaves the ambulance service in a bad situation unable to collect on services rendered, meet its own financial obligations, and reinvest those funds in its operation, equipment and staff. Some of Wisconsin's largest ambulance services are writing off each year $500,000 to one-million dollars in noncollectable debt.
TRIP recently passed the Wisconsin legislature and is simply awaiting Governor Scott Walker's signature.
In the meantime, we need to prepare ambulance service management not familiar with TRIP, explain how it works, and is used as another option to collections when other attempts have failed. With Governor Walker's signature, it opens the option of TRIP to all Wisconsin ambulance services under contract with a municipality to provide 911 service. TRIP cannot be used for inter-facility transfers or patients with Medicare or Medicaid insurance coverage.
Wisconsin EMS Live program guests who discussed TRIP and answered questions include: From The Stark Collection Agency in Madison, Pauline Kussart, and from Valders Ambulance, Director Jay Steuer.
The latter half of the 60 minute program is dedicated to discussing Wisconsin Stars of Life 2015 with committee members Larry Knuth, a 2009 Star recipient himself, and Linda Wiedmann. The event is to recognize Wisconsin's best EMTs and Paramedics as nominated by their respective departments.
Join Host Live Chats
- English Defence League Radio (15 chatters)
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (13 chatters)
- Berean Bible Chapel Online Church (10 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (5 chatters)
- Proclaiming Gods Awesome Plan (4 chatters)
- JonSabin (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- SheilasAutographs (2 chatters)
- We Are One Amerca (2 chatters)
- TYN Presents Talking ABout it (1 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (1 chatters)
- ADeep Aries (1 chatters)
- NFOTUSA (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Spark Sports (0 chatters)