SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection Show! This episode airs live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Park units.
- Special guest co-host is Adam Roberts, VP of Born Free USA wildlife conservation group, who will review the wildlife and animal issues of 2013.
- Award-winning photographer Dr. Charles Rawlings, author of ‘Living Shells’, will talk about his recent photography trip where he trekked with the Mountain Gorillas in The Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, in the remote southwest corner of Uganda.
- Scott Gediman, Assistant Superintendent for Public & Legislative Affairs of Yosemite National Park, will discuss the park’s restoration program for the popular Mariposa Grove of sequoia trees.
On Thursday April 9th at 5pm est, 4pm cst and 2pm pst, we are excited to be announcing the launching of a new series on Natures Talk Show as well as a new Host. Maggie Howell will be joining the staff and hosting her own monthly/bi-monthly show, Please welcome Maggie on board. Maggie is the Executive Director of the Wolf Conservation Center in New York and is involved in many other projects.
1.Ashley S. - Ashley, an inspired seventh grader from John Jay Middle School, mobilized support for B.C.'s wolves. Ashley appealed to her school and was granted permission to make a presentation about the situation in B.C. and her concern for the misunderstood predator.
2. Ian McAllister - a co-founder of the wildlife conservation organization Pacific Wild. He is an award-winning photographer and author of The Great Bear Rainforest. His images have appeared in publications around the world. He has been honoured by the Globe & Mail as one of 133 highly accomplished Canadians, and he and his wife, Karen McAllister, were named by Time magazine one of the ""Leaders of the 21st Century"" for their efforts to protect British Columbia's endangered rainforest. He is a member of the International League of Conservation Photographers and has won several awards.
Join Danny & Andy LIVE as we broadcast from the "BatCave" at the Wildlife Conservation and Edcuation Center in Ridgefield Park, NJ. We'll be chatting with owner Joe D'Angeli and learn more about some of the deizens that dwell there. We will be bringing awareness to Joe's Campaign to help move into a larger facility and continue to educate thousands of children annually!
Listen in live as we explore the center and learn why we need great educational facilities like this to help save the future!
check out www.NJBatMan.com for more information and to contribute to the fund to help make the new and improved batcave a scuccess!
Colin Riddell and Rupert Imhoff of the Bob Irwin Wildlife & Conservation Foundation are coming at us all the way from Australia on this very special episode of HTR to talk about wildlife conservation in Australia and worldwide.
Today, as the world continues to mourn the passing of Nelson Mandela, Tonya and Ian travel full circle from their law careers to South Africa, a destination they hold close to their hearts. (Hint: they honeymooned there). World Footprints will share other sides of South Africa and will introduce an extraordinary student exchange programbetween the University of Missouri and the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa. Then you’ll hear about Nandi, a rescue South African manta ray who Tonya got to scuba dive (one of her great passions) with at the Georgia Aquarium. You'll hear about the intregal role that the Aquarium plays in sea life conservation.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show. This episode airs live from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, in Hollister, CA, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Elephant & Rhino Conservation - Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA
- Pinnacles National Park Condor Recorvery Program - Alacia Welch
- ‘Maritime’ the latest album by songwriters Dave McGraw & Mandy Fer
- California’s Sequoia Country - Dana Dierkes – Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks, Denise Alonzo – Sequoia National Forest, Aaron Collins - Kaweah Oaks Preserve, Sandy Blankenship – Exeter Chamber of Commerce.
- Go Wild in Yuma, AZ - Linda Morgan, Yuma Visitors Bureau
- Birds in Art - Artist Victoria Chick.
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
John (Jon) Triffo has been exploring nature and wildlife as long as can can remember, and he loves to share his discoveries in pictures and in stories.
"Vivid, exciting imagery may triumph the eye," says Jon, "but the ageless art of storytelling is forever unrivalled in spoken and written words where the power of human insight is always free."
Jon founded NatureNova more than a decade ago so he can share his outdoor experience with the entire world.
NatureNova is all about dynamic naturalism...and dynamic naturalism is all about anticipating balance.
For Wildlife Adventure, Nature Interpretation and Image Originality, be sure to visit: www.NatureNova.ca...where Dreams, Memories, Imagination and Discovery Soar!
When wildlife biologist Stacey L.L. Couch undertook a full-time role working and living alone on an island to care for endangered foxes in a captive breeding program, she had no idea that she would be forced to realize her own vulnerability. The isolation is an accidental vision quest that spured a dramatic life change. Her guides in this process were a series of hawks. The hawks helped Stacey cultivate her own gift for finding grace in the everyday.
In her book, Gracious Wild: A Shamanic Journey with Hawks, Stacey tells the story of her incredible journey out of the mundane world of science, and into the vast shamanic realms of creativity and inspiration. She guides readers on an intimate exploration of what happened when she allowed the messengers of nature to guide her.
Stacey's belief is, "that wild animals are trying to speak and interact with us every day. To listen to them is to listen to that which is divine within each of us. Their calls mirror our own inner calling to a greater purpose."
Today Stacey Couch, a life-long student and teacher of nature and mysticism, is here to share her phenomenal story and inspire us with what she learned from her life-changing journey.
To learn more about Stacey L.L. Couch and her book, please visit http://www.wildgratitude.com
THE WILDLIFE OF AFRICA'S HEARTLAND...
AFRICAN WILDLIFE images by Craig Shelley. The photos are extensively in Africa and protrays Shelley's passion for the continent including all of its diverse species.
From Maasai Giraffes to mighty elephants and thick-skinned rhinoceroses from the migration of a million wildebeest to the clash of predator and prey on the grasslands...AFRICA hosts one of the most diverse and extensive arrays of wildlife on earth!
The survival of Africa's Wildlife depends on the conservation of wild lands laarge enough for animals to migrate, forage, feed and reproduce.
The loss of habitat is now the single biggest threat to the preservation of Africa's irreplaceable wild life species.
Thratened landscapes, forests cut down...etc.
Wetlands and swamps are drained...etc.
Grasslands are tilled...etc.
Mt. Kilimanjaro, Maasai, Samburu
Rising Tide Conservation Initiative is a very important project for the future of the Marine Fish Keeping hobby! Matthew DiMaggio and his collegue Eric will be here live to discuss the initiative as it relates to the marine fish keeping hobby. to produce marine live stock in a lab is a challenge that is an ever increasing possibility however, producing the food to feed this live stock is as important as the fish themselves. Come by, listen and even call in at 1-347-677-1837 and participate!
Come listen to Matthew and Eric discuss Rising Tide Conservation!
On Wednesday March 18th at 8pm est, 7pm cst and 5pm pst, Maggie Howell returns for another discussion on Wolf conservation and programs. She will be focusing on the Mexican gray wolf, #Loboweek, and the WCC’s participation in the recovery of the rare species. Join us and listen to another great show with Maggie.
Join Host Live Chats
- Tracey and Friends (9 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (7 chatters)
- BobbieG (6 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (6 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (5 chatters)
- WHYT Radio (5 chatters)
- remoteviewerBrendaBradshawshow (4 chatters)
- Weedsday Wednesday (3 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Eileen Lock (1 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (1 chatters)