SORT BY Relevancy
For the Week 5 recap podcast Jeremy is joined by Matthew K. to go over the latest action of Mountain West football. Well, we don't know much more than we did the week prior. Boise State gets outplayed by Air Force, but is it a one-game slip up or have the Broncos fallen of of its perch from being the feared team they have been accustomed to over the past decade.
Besides going through all of the games we attempt to make a decision on who is the best team in the league this year. This year the Mountain West has no clear frontrunners on a collision course to meet in the Mountain West title game, but now there are multiple teams in each division that can make the case to be the best team.
Jeremy and Chris go through the nine games of the third week of Mountain West football and discuss the highs and lows of the league so far. We both fell that Boise State is the best team in the league and that Nevada really has a chance to compete in the West.
We go deep into Fresno State to try to figure out what is going wrong with that team. Is it coaching, lack of talent, scheme or just maybe we are holding onto some shred of that Fresno State is still a good team and blame the difficult schedule.
We do get to Chuckie Keeton leaving the first half of the Wake Forest game by re-injuring the same knee that he tore his ACL last year. As of this time there is no update on the status of Keeton's knee.
Jeremy and Chris are back to recap the first week of the Mountain West football season, and of course we know nothing. Not because we are dumb -- well some may think so -- but all of the offseason studying we did seemed to be for naught. The league went 1-5 in FBS games with Colorado State being the lone victor of that group as they beat rival Colorado.
The other half of the games were against FCS foes, and thus it is hard to take a ton out of that and make sense of it.
We discuss how Colorado State and Hawaii are looking to be actual contenders in each respective divison, and that Boise State is not going to go away quietly. Also, Fresno State really could be in a lot of hurt this year after its loss ot USC, and it doesn't help they face Utah and Nebraska in the next few weeks.
Oh, and there was this game we don't really want to mention that happened on Sunday night.
Sit back and enjoy the Week 1 Mountain West football recap.
Jeremy and Chris are back for the hour-plus shows as we are previewing the first week of the Mountain West football season. There are 12 games and the guys do gloss over a little bit of the FCS vs. Mountain West teams, but the big games like Ole Miss vs. Boise State, Tennessee vs. Utah State, UNLV vs. Arizona and other similar games get plenty of attention.
There is one super crazy upset pick by both of us, and while it won't come true it is quite possible that at the very worst this crazy pick should at least cover the monstrous spread.
Also, this year Chris and Jeremy will keep track of our picks and let everyone know how we do picking games this year, so sit back with your headphones and listen to this 80 minute show.
Jeremy and Chris are getting the entire Mountain West Connection staff on this podcast -- not at one time, that would be madness -- to give predictions on the Mountain West season. The staff will be asked these four questions:
Mountain West title game participants and winner:
Player of the year:
Coach of the year:
Pretty basic and with a staff of around 20 or so writers we don't want this show to drag on forever.
Week 4 is finally in the books and the Mountain West looked just OK from some teams, others looked really good and a few were down right stinkers. Per usual, we go through each game to talk about what we say, and one trend we saw was the excess of quarterback play.
San Jose State, UNLV, Hawaii and New Mexico all used multiple quarterbacks on Saturday and not to shock anyone, and all but New Mexico lost their game.
We get into the San Diego State vs. Oregon State game and put away the notion that some Aztecs fans want to bench Quinn Kaehler. There were issues on offense and play calling but part of that has to do with wide receiver Ezell Ruffin out, but the San Diego State defense did a great job against Sean Mannion.
We probably spend a bit too much time going over Boise State and fawning over how they are the best team -- they really are -- and see what teams they can lose going forward on its schedule, and there are a few.
Mountain West media days take place in Las Vegas on July 22 and 23, so to get everyone prepared we decided to preview the event. Not a ton of news comes out of media day so Matthew, Jeremy and Chris predict who the media will pick to win the Mountain and West divisions, plus the offensive and defensive players of the year.
Since no one from the staff can be at media days we go out of our way to pick who we would like to talk to the most from players and coaches. We give legitimate questions as well some off the all one's, too.
Have a listen as we get everyone prepped for the event to signifies football is just around the corner.
Week 2 is in the books and while some things went as expected over the weekend, there were some games that did not. Jeremy and Chris will try to make sense of who is good in the Mountain West by breaking down this week's action.
We begin, as usual, in chronological order which as us begin the recap with Washington State losing to Nevada, and then Hawaii's furious comeback attempt come up short late into the night.
We check in with New Mexico who may have a quarterback who can actually throw the ball at a reasonably good rate, we get into how San Diego State really should have defeated North Carolina and is Craig Bohl providing a lot of toughness to Wyoming already.
Tune into the whole show to hear all of that and a recap of each and every game this week.
The teams in the Western part of the country are the most underrepresented of the lot. That's the why this show, the NFL West Recess, vows to fight against West Coast Bias . . . one show at a time. But as we work towards helping that cause, that's not to say we don't have fun as well. After all, it's the NFL -- the game we know and love -- and we make sure you know more of it so that you can have fun loving it more.
Follow the host, Darrel Wilson, on Twitter @SpitsGame
Check us out on NGSCSports.com, iHeartRadio, Tune-In, and Spreaker every week Wednesday night 8 pm PST.
This war and terrorism front and center. First where is Germany's support in coalition against ISIS?
Generals and think tanks? Conflict big time! Al Qeada coming back and the story of the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
That's just a few topics I discuss tonight!
Always an Interesting perspective on everyday issues.
This episode of the AFC West Show will covering the NFL focusing on the AFC West. We feature interviews, recaps, analysis and breaking news in the AFC West.
Tonight we'll be recapping week 1 and breaking down week 2 of the 2014 season.
Listen for in-depth coverage of the Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, and San Diego Chargers.
Watch for updates on special guests joining us to talk about the week's biggest match-ups!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (141 chatters)
- John Baptist (78 chatters)
- Channel Panel (76 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (70 chatters)
- in5d (68 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (14 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (14 chatters)
- AlimBey (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- thedean (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (10 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (6 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (5 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- canadianglen (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- Dr Fred (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)
- Chillz33 (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- No Turning Back (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (0 chatters)