SORT BY Relevancy
30 minutes of truth telling about life and love lessons with Sharon Pope, life coach.
Tell the Truth. Show up n Love. Live in Freedom.
Today, we're going to discuss beauty - for both ourselves and our daughters.
According to research performed as part of the Dove® Campaign for Real Beauty, only 4% of women around the world would describe themselves as beautiful.
We all see the images every day that set the standard for the definition of beauty, but most of the time those images don’t look like us.
So we fall short of that beauty bar of perfection, believing that we’re not thin enough, not pretty enough and sometimes, just simply, not enough. It impacts our self-confidence and holds us back in our relationships, in our jobs and throughout our lives.
But here’s the real tragedy:
We cannot give to our daughters what we do not have for ourselves.
It’s not enough to just tell our daughters that they’re beautiful. We’ve all likely been told that at some point in our lives, but that doesn’t mean we believed it.
They have to see that belief in us. They have to know we get it. They have to see us making choices that honor our beauty. They have to know we celebrate that beauty.
Let's discuss, honor and celebrate our beauty and be a light for our daughters.
30 minutes of truth telling about life and love lessons every Sunday night.
Tell the Truth. Show up in Love. Live in Freedom.
Tonight, we're talking all about struggles at the office....
“Anything or anyone that doesn’t bring you alive is too small for you.” David Whyte
It was around this time last year last I was called into my CEO’s office on a Monday morning and released from my position.
Getting fired is traumatic. Going home to tell your future husband that you just bought a home with that you no longer have a job, an identity or an income is sobering.
But here’s the truth….
My life had been talking to me for years, but I hadn’t been listening.
That job may have paid the bills, but it never fed my soul. It might have looked glamorous and impressive to others, but it actually made me smaller and dimmed my light.
What I couldn’t see then that is so crystal clear to me now is that on that bright, summer morning last year, I wasn’t only getting fired. I was being freed.
I was freed from the idea that in order to make a good living, I wasn’t permitted to make a good life.
I was freed from believing that I had to be miserable in my job for some period of time until I earned the right to be happy…someday.
I was freed from the belief that because this is all I had ever done that this was all I could ever do.
What happened on that Monday morning one year ago happened FOR me - not TO me.
That firing led me back to myself.
That firing led me to more meaning, more passion and more abundance in the last year than the last 20 years combined.
That firing led to my freedom.
Wendy Jo Smith, better known by her stage name, Wendy Ho is one part skilled singer, one part comedienne, one part rap artist, and 100% entertainer. Over a million youtube views, having drag queens around the world cover her songs, and being spoofed by Ryan Murphy are just a few of this ho’s claim to fame.
Ho is an artist. Ho is a state of mind. Ho redefines women in music and comedy with true liberation. She is funny and sexy, never sacrificing one for the other. A pretty bitch, a witty feminist, a self-possessed, self-assured mashup of street and trash who makes you laugh while she makes you think. The responses she evokes from audiences are as diverse as her roots, but at the core there is no question about who she is. Wendy is all woman. All Ho.
For the full bio and more at her official web page, please click HERE!
in Self Help
Wendy J. Vitalich, the owner and CEO of Vital Associates, providing job placement services in her community for over 23 years. She acquired her Masters in Clinical Psychology in 2009 and is in private practice, providing Marriage and Family therapy. The main focus of her practice addresses individual issues, couples, family, parenting, and divorce issues. Her clients include individuals, couples, adolescents and teens.
We all have unspoken agreements that can run our lives, until we become aware of them and willingly choose new agreements. Wendy writes about her journey as a twin and how her own unspoken agreements silently affected her relationships from childhood into adult life. She uncovered the hidden patterns that sabotaged many areas of her life and she is inspired to help others wake up to their unspoken agreements to live a fuller, freer life.
Wendy resides in Southern California with her College bound daughter, and is an avid photographer, a member of the Agape International Choir, active in her community, and currently writing her second book that will help parents and their children navigate through the emotional roller coaster of the divorce process.
Wendy is a featured speaker at schools, career day, parent conferences, and teen groups. She is a cancer survivor and being cancer free, healthy and grateful, she has made a commitment to live full out and helps others to go for their dreams.
Celebrated California Artist/Chef Wendy Brodie is known for her creative style with food, presentation and table decor. In fact, she is often described as an artist whose medium is food.
A graduate of the first class of the California Culinary Academy of San Francisco, Brodie has held executive chef positions at prestigious world-class resorts, including the Preserve at Rancho San Carlos, where she developed her own innovative style of ranch cuisine, Stonepine Inn and Gardiner's Tennis Ranch, all in Carmel Valley.
She has been a guest chef, developing menus to represent California cuisine, at numerous four and five-star hotels in Europe and the Jockey Club in Hong Kong. Wendy has sailed with the Crystal Cruise Line as their Celebrity Guest Chef.
She has cooked for and with numerous celebrity chefs including Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Roy Yamaguchi, Paul Prudhomme and Martha Stewart. She has also been a guest chef at the Masters of Food and Wine in Carmel and the Monterey Wine Festival. She is one of the featured chefs in the Masters of Food and Wine cookbook.
In 1991 Brodie was selected to attend Madeleine Kamman's graduate program at the School for American Chefs at Berringer Wine Estates and has been inducted as an honorary member of the American Academy of Chefs of the American Culinary Federation. She was awarded the 1982 Chef-of-the-Year of the Monterey Peninsula. Currently she gives classes of her artful style with food, table décor and entertaining in her demonstration kitchen in the Carmel Highlands. She also teaches cooking classes as team-building and spousal programs.
Brodie is affiliated with The Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs, Les Toques Blanches, Knights of the Vine, American Institute of Wine & Food, International Wine and Food Society, American Culinary Federation
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (102 chatters)
- thelordshour (40 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (15 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (12 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (12 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (10 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (10 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (8 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (7 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- 3 Counselors and a Couch (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Wajm Radio (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- TNNDN (3 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- in5d (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Moreliapythonradio (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (2 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- TEOTW (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Music4LifeUSA (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- House of Hu Humanity United (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit (1 chatters)
- BishopDerianHouse (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- 1twopunch (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Kelly Outdoors (0 chatters)
- manofgod7 (0 chatters)