SORT BY Relevancy
Alabama Senator Claims No 'Discrimination Of That Kind' In His State Republican Senator 'Cannot Imagine' Congress Fixing Voting Rights Act WATCH: Civil Rights Lawyer: SCOTUS Ruling Marks Rise Of 'Neo-Confederacy' John Lewis: I Gave Blood For What Supreme Court Took Away The Last Voting Rights Act Bailout Ever Justice Ginsburg Blasts Court For Eviscerating Voting Rights Act Its Your Gavel, Liberal TalkToday's most exciting progressive talk show host is Mitch Mallett, the Practical Liberal, who airs live weekday mornings 8-10am. Remember, every gavel is a mallett but not every Mallett is a gavel. It's your gavel, ...
The Supreme Court on Tuesday effectively struck down the heart of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 by a 5-to-4 vote, freeing nine states, mostly in the South, to change their election laws without advance federal approval.New York Times“Our country has changed,” Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote for the majority. “While any racial discrimination in voting is too much, Congress must ensure that the legislation it passes to remedy that problem speaks to current conditions.”
New Mercury Media Presents
Special Guest Host ROB ABSTON Executive Director P.L.A.N. (Progressive Leadership Action Network) Publisher of "FIX America"
OPEN SOURCE VOTING a discussion
Tune in Live Sunday Oct 20th 7pm Eastern -
We talk with Prairie View A&M SGA President Priscilla Barbour about her successful campaign for the university to host a voting site, follow up with perspectives and outcomes from HBCU Week in Washington D.C., and finish with a look ahead to prominent presidential vacancies.
June 25, 2013 exactly 47 years after President President Lyndon Baines Johnson, signed this historic bill into legislation, the Robert's court struck this legislation down and gave the South the right to discriminate against African American and restrict their right to vote. The Republican Party is so happy that the Supreme Court has ruled in their favor that the State of Texas has already began implementing Voter ID and North Carolina is right behind. The South has vowed to raise again with hate and bigotry, and the world is laughing at American's democracy. Join me for an open discussion on American democracy is this really what white people want? to be unfair and restrict, the voting rights of all minorities in America.
This Saturday on Critical Discourse, we will be taking up the implications, near and far-reaching, real and perceived, of the recent SCOTUS decision, which effectively overturned a provision of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
As expected, there are many, including Barack Obama, who see this as a setback to voting rights for black people.
Is this the case? Who will really be affected?
Tune in, and discuss.
Bring your ideas, opinions and energy.
We will also have a "guest" of sorts, who will argue that in reality, we need not worry at all.
Conservative radio host Jeff Crouere on race and Obama in Segment 1 followed by Constitutional Law expert Albert Navarra on the Voting Rights Act and the DOJ. In segment 2 we explore government secrecy with whistle blower James Holzrichter.
A new concept in the opinion-driven world of talk radio, Fairness Radio is a daily one-hour on-line and on-air radio show featuring liberal Patrick O'Heffernan interviewing national guests from across the political spectrum. Patrick talks with everyone from conservative Senator Jim DeMint to former Democratic Party Chairman Governor Howard Dean to explore news, politics and culture from all sides in a civil conversation that focuses on idea, not gotcha’s. With an international team experts from all sides of the political spectrum Fairness Radio covers the events of the world like no one else.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (58 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (26 chatters)
- DreaminDemon (19 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (16 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (15 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (15 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (12 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (11 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (11 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (10 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (10 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (9 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (8 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (8 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- DPoetess (7 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (7 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (7 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (7 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (7 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (6 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (6 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (5 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (4 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (4 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (4 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (4 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (4 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (4 chatters)
- Growl Radio (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (3 chatters)
- Billy D Online (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Kawakab (3 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (3 chatters)
- The Hotseat Left is never right (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- Slick Radio (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- Sotapop Radio (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD SHOW (2 chatters)
- Desperate House Witches (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- ABQ Sports Crew Radio (1 chatters)
- Funkie Media Productions (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- S G SportsTalk More (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (1 chatters)