SORT BY Relevancy
Tune into Let's Talk America with Host Shana Thornton for an exclusive interview with gospel vocalist Marlo Moore! The celebrated musician will talk about her extensive musical career and her influences. Marlo and Shana will discuss maintaining healthy and positive self esteem in today's culture. You will want to witness this show! This frank conversation will empower every listener! Join the conversation on Friday, July 26, 2013 at 1:30 pm EST.
For more than three decades, John Schlitt has enjoyed a stellar musical career as a solo artist, as the lead singer for Grammy Award-winning Christian band Petra, one of the most successful Christian rock bands of all time, and as the former lead singer for popular '70s mainstream rock band Head East. He has been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame as the lead singer of Petra during the years when the band won 10 Dove Awards and four Grammy Awards. Schlitt was named the best rock singer in Christian music history by GospelMusicChannel.com. According to the website, Schlitt "remains one of the most distinctive and impactful men to ever stand behind a microphone." Schlitt was also named Male Vocalist of the Year in About.com's 2011 Readers' Poll in a category that included Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp, Brandon Heath and Bebo Norman. Since Schlitt released his fourth solo CD, The Greater Cause, in May 2012, the legendary vocalist's busy schedule has included appearances on The Mike Huckabee Show, 700 Club Interactive and the Faith & Freedom Celebration--the faith-based kick-off to the Republican National Convention, as well as extensive international touring.
Reid, who is known for songs such as One Blood and Funny Man, as well as being the man who replaced Michael Rose as lead vocalist for Black Uhuru, has seen his One Blood musical family grow tremendously with the addition of his brother, Bomb A Drop; older sons, Andrew and Wada Blood; and now two younger sons Juju Blood and Yung JR.Juju Blood, one of the latest additions, is aiming to leave a mark as prominent as that which was left by Junior Reid.The young artist, who described his genre of music as reggae/dancehall and hip hop, delivered with a singjay style, said he is extremely thankful to his father for the foundation he set.“He has had a major impact on my career. I look up to him and I see the great works that him put in, because a nuff things him do but sometimes people don’t acknowledge it. At the same time a my legend that, suh mi just love wah him do fi we. I want to be like him or be better than him,” Juju Blood told The Gleaner.He shared that with his brothers also in the business, it’s sometimes feels like a family affair.“It’s such a great joy to be sharing the stage with my brothers and my father. We have the opportunity and we’re gonna make use of it because a nuff yute nuh have the opportunity weh we have,” he said.The group shares a strong musical relationship as Juju said that that they all have an input in each other’s career in aspects such as songwriting and performance suggestions.
Nicole Zuraitis is a jazz vocalist and pianist living in New York City. She released her self produced sophomore album featuring 10 original compositions entitled "Pariah Anthem" in late November 2012. The album features the talents of 8 internationally acclaimed jazz artists including Victor Gould, Billy Buss, Dan Pugach, Ilan Bar Lavi, Jon Paul, Julian Shore, Scott Colberg and Nandini Srikar. Nicole is on the voice and composing faculty at the Swaarnabhoomi Academy of Music in Chenna
Is Adam Levine one of the greatest male vocalist of all time? Where do the Browns go from after thier 3 game winning streak and what is your favorite lil debbie snack? Check out JbSmooth84.com for regular updates. Smooth Shots is also available on Stitcher Radio.
Dionne has performed and recorded the likes of hip-hop, pop, soul, gospel, and modern R&B and now adds jazz to her repertoire. Born in the land of the funk, (Plainfield, New Jersey), she grew up listening to everything from P-Funk to the song styling’s of the great jazz singers, (the latter influenced by her maternal grandparents), and with all that stirring inside, it was bound to show up at some point in her musical DNA. A certified member of the hip-hop generation by age and geography (the hardcore ghetto of East St. Louis), Russell's early aspirations in the world of rap music took precedence over the trumpet that he began playing in fourth grade. When he reached sixteen, the deadline he set for his hip-hop career to take off, and his dedication to the art of jazz took shape. When GRAMMY®-winning vocalist Dionne Farris and GRAMMY®-nominated trumpeter Russell Gunn, took the stage at the Atlanta jazz club Churchill Grounds on Oct. 12th & 13th, 2012, the assemblage of music lovers that gathered to see them didn’t exactly know what they were in store for. The redefining of Farris’s music by Gunn on her new project, Dionne Get Your Gunn: Featuring the Russell Gunn Quartet is a complete departure from her last release, (2011) Lady Dy The Mixtape Part 1. Russell’s arrangement of Dionne’s #1 pop hit “I Know,” on DGYG is done in 5/4 time signature, which never misses a beat and neither does Farris, in her sticking of new landings for the song. Dionne and Russell have embarked on a musical journey that will lift t
Karla Ross arrived in Los Angeles, after a budding career in her hometown of Chicago. Her credits there included several local TV and radio spots as a featured vocalist, along with numerous live performances at local jazz venues. As an underaged performer, she was granted special permission to open for headline acts at the historic Playboy Club, for such comics as Dick Shaun and Jack Carter. She also toured with the international cast of Up With People, performing for King Juan Carlos i
This week on Chillin In AJ's Garage we have two great guys and excellent musicians.
John Bisaha - Vocalist - The Babys John has performed around the world with various groups, traveling throughout The Far East, Europe, and across the US. John has had the good fortune of working alongside, and opening up for such artists as Roger Hodgson (Supertramp), Ricky Phillips (The Babys, Bad English, Styx), Blondie, DEVO, Tom Morello, Barenaked Ladies, John Densmore, Ozomatli, Heart, Cheap Trick, Robin Trower, Blue Oyster Cult, Bonham, Trevor Rabin and several other notable acts. John has recorded albums with Disney, most notably the ‘D2′ soundtrack, which also included Queen, The Troggs and a couple of other household names in the industry.
Tony Brock - Drummer Tony Brock is one of the world's most explosive and technically brilliant drummers. As a pro drummer since the age of 15, Tony's playing credits feature a who's who of world-class musicians.
In addition to being a founding member of THE BABYS, Tony has toured and/or recorded with Rod Stewart for ten years, Elton John, Jimmy Barnes, Jeff Beck, Bernie Taupin's Farm Dogs and Roy Orbison to name but a few.
JP Cervoni - Guitarist JP is a legendary guitarist with a great accent and sense of humor, he discusses gear and some great stories.
As usual, John and Tony will be sharing their Histories, Industry Stories, Gear they are using in the studio and on the road as well as stories from the road.
Plus...The have a big treat for us, the World Debut of the new single by The Babys!!
Last but not least, our weekly contributor, Chef Donna Desfors will be back to share her Culinary expertise with us..right here on Chillin In AJ's Garage!
in Self Help
What a treat we have for you on “the Conversation” this week with your host Klarque Garrison! Tune in as our guests will be: Nial Martin: Actor, writer, singer and creator of “No Jive productions” shares with us what exactly he’s got up his sleeve! AND what the production “His Double Life” is all about.. Ariella: Ariella Forstein is an award winning and cutting-edge Vocalist & Empowerment Coach. Don’t miss this awesome line of diverse e
Legendary vocalist Gloria Lynne was born Gloria Alleyne November 23, in New York City, Gloria Lynne is an American vocalist on several rhythm and blues hits in the 1950s and 1960s. Lynne grew up in Harlem and won first prize at the "Amateur Night" at the Apollo Theater. She recorded as part of groups The Enchanters and The Dell-Tones in the 1950s. She recorded a a soloist under her birth name, though most of her work was released under her stage name on the Everest Records and Fontana Records labels.
In the 1960s, she had several hits including "June Night," "Love I Found You," and "I Wish You Love" (1964), which became her signature song. Lynne then toured with Ray Charles, Billy Eckstine and Ella Fitzgerald.
Lynne moved into jazz in her later career and performed with many of the jazz greats, including Quincy Jones, Bobby Timmons, Philly Joe Jones, and Harry "Sweets" Edison.
She was given a Pioneer Award by the Rhythm and Blues Foundation in 1997.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (407 chatters)
- Channel Panel (245 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (136 chatters)
- John Baptist (45 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Omega Man (17 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (17 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (15 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (13 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (12 chatters)
- BITEradio me (11 chatters)
- AlimBey (11 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (10 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (10 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (9 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (9 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (8 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- Ahura Z (7 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Breath Of Terra (6 chatters)
- RadioFree QuickBooks (6 chatters)
- SuzyChannel (6 chatters)
- Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Life Harmony RADIO (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (5 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (4 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (4 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Gate (4 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (3 chatters)
- Methylation and Gut Health (3 chatters)
- Denise Brown (3 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- Center Lane Show (2 chatters)
- Donna L Shaw Ministries (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- prophetrodney (2 chatters)
- Sistar Cassandra (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Room 101 (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- SportsJAM Network (2 chatters)
- The Dice Dixon Show (2 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (2 chatters)
- Tribulation News (2 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- Tech Start Radio (1 chatters)
- STACK HOUSE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- No Turning Back (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (1 chatters)
- New Harvest Apostolic Minis (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Easy Wedding Planning Blog (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (0 chatters)