SORT BY Relevancy
7:00 to 8:00pm
Guest Speaker Sharon Bayus with Innovative Alternatives, Inc.
8:00 to 9:00pm
Guest Speaker Robert Lewis Robinson II with ItTakes a VillageY'all and It Takes a Village Y'all to Find our Missing
Good Deeds presents Kelley Porter-a victorious leader and expert on overcoming all forms of abuse, avoiding toxic relationships and the art of forgiveness, Kelley Porter is an Author, Speaker, Life Coach and Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Victim’s Advocate. Kelley is the prototype of what happiness is after thirty years of abuse, toxic relationships and uncertainties. Her purpose is to empower and inspire all victims, survivors and individuals to develop a forgiving heart, stand in their truth and live in their passion. Her intense, transparent and authentic style of speaking will empower anyone to self-reflect and correct behaviors that may hinder them from living a healthy and non-toxic lifestyle.
Kelley -first book, Perfectly Planned which is about overcoming Incest, Rape & Sexual Abuse is not only inspirational and empowering it is an amazing memoir that will provide hope for the abused,
knowledge for the unaware and strength for the survivors.
In 2013 Kelley started NFP organization titled Voice of Champions. Their mission was to empower abuse victims and survivors to stand up and speak out via the use of a concrete platform. Kelley succeeded in empowering numerous individuals to share stories that have never been shared with anyone. Kelley’s Coaching & Consulting’s new mission and vision will focus on assisting and empowering clients to break free from the generational curse of abuse, stop living as a victim, avoid toxic relationships, walk in forgiveness and live in their
Joyce and Aaron interview Ardis Morrow - a truly lovely lady who has been a real estate broker and active community leader. Since 1996, she has been working tirelessly to bring awareness to and end domestic violence in her area. She is truly an inspiring senior!
Joyce Joneschiet (Jonah-shite) Principal interior designer of Encore Living Interiors and Publisher of Encore Life Magazine hosts Encore Living Radio with her co-host Aaron D. Murphy, a licensed Architect, President of ADM Architecture and Managing Editor of EmpoweringTheMatureMind.com.
In observance of Youth Violence Prevention Week, teen hosts Yanira, Kaitlyn, and Salwa discuss the causes of violence among young people and what communities can do to eliminate the problem. Our guest is Tiffany Brec, educator and outreach coordinator from Vera House.
Fore more information on National Youth Violence Prevention Week, which is observed April 7-11 in 2014, visit the National SAVE website.
Teen Talk is supported in part by Audible. Visit audibletrial.com/teentalkcny to start your 30-day trial and benefit Teen Talk.
Thanks to Cynthia Maurer for recommending Dr. Leo Rebello to this program: http://www.healthwisdom.org
Host Sallie O. Elkordy's contact: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sallie-O-Elkordy-for-NYC-Public-Advocate/587347554614900 and blog: http://BillionToddlerMarchForSurvival.blogspot.com/
Please join Health Educator & Life Coach, Erica Haray-Butcher, as she chats with Philanthropist & Advocate, Indrani Goradia. They'll be discussing Indrani's work to end gender violence world-wide through Indrani's Light Foundation.
Over the past ten years, Indrani has partnered with various organizations to bring health, strength, and wellness to women in need through Indrani’s Light Foundation. ILF has recently partnered with PSI.org and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to begin a pilot project on reducing Gender Violence in Delhi, India and in Port of Spain Trinidad. She is a determined advocate for girls and women leading empowerment trainings in several countries around the world.
To learn more about Erica, please visit www.CatchGoodHealth.com. To learn more about Indrani and her foundation, please visit www.IndranisLight.org.
The Aftermath of Violence: Trauma & Abuse
Harris County Precint 7 Domestic Violence Deputy Program
5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TExas 77021
24 hour dispatch 713-643-6602
Victims Services 713-643-66773
We discuss the rematch between Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana.
I am both honored and thrilled to have Audrey Mabrey, domestice violence survivor and advocate, on today's episode of GUC.
In November of 2009, Audrey Mabrey's estranged husband attempted to viciously murder her by bludgeoning her with a hammer four times in the head and then doused her with gasoline and set her on fire. Audrey suffered severe burns over 80% of her body.
Since that nightmare of a day, she made the decision to dedicate her life to advocating for other victims of domestic violence. She has traveled nationally and internationally to speak up and speak out about the horrors of domestic violence and the power of forgiveness.
Audrey has been featured in national and international magazines and appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, ID's - Who The (Bleep) Did I Marry? and on Anderson Cooper. She is also one of the newest members of the the Hands Across the Bay Team, where she works as a domestic violence advocate.
"Deaths from drug overdose have been rising steadily over the past two decades and have become the leading cause of injury death in the United States. Every day in the United States,113 people die as a result of drug overdose." CDC
The facts don't lie and losing lives to unnecessary overdoses is beyond tragic.
Which is why, providing overdose prevention and response education to drug users and their family and friends, is a harm reduction tool that we are clearly in need of today; not only for the person at risk of overdosing but for their family and friends as well.
Joining me today, to talk about overdoses, the benefits of Naloxone (a medication that reverses opioid overdose) and overdose prevention is Dr. Sharon Stancliff - an internationally known expert on opioid overdose prevention and Medical Director at the Harm Reduction Coalition.
Crime is on the rise all over. As citizens we need to come together as a community and be vigilant. Hear how you can prevent crime, protect yourself, how to start a Neighbor Watch Program, and properly report a crime. Cedar Rapids Police Officer Shannon Stokesberry will be our guest. Questions can be sent to CarlaDavisShow@yahoo.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (484 chatters)
- John Baptist (93 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- in5d (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (20 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (15 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (14 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (14 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (9 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (7 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (3 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (1 chatters)
- Unseen World (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (0 chatters)