SORT BY Relevancy
SIBLING VIOLENCE- WHEN IS IT HORSEPLAY AND WHEN IS IT ABUSE?
A friend once told me that her brother made her sit in a lawn chair while he attached it to a car battery to make an electric chair. What?! Sometimes sibling rivalry isn’t harmless. Sometimes it’s violent abuse that can lead to problems in adulthood for victims.
Two people who work with and have experienced sibling abuse join us to talk about what it is, how it is minimized, and the later implications for victims.
Amy Meyers, PhD, is an assistant professor of Social Work at Molloy College and sees victims of sibling abuse in her clinical practice. She sees the terminology we use when talking about brothers and sisters as one way we overlook sibling abuse.
Nancy Kilgore, MS knows how brother and sister relationships can be traumatic and harmful. Author of Girl in the Water: A Personal Story of Bullying and Sibling Abuse, and The Sourcebook for Working with Battered Women, Nancy works with victims of abuse by sibling.
Both women join us to talk about this little-explored area of interpersonal violence.
Call-in with your comments to (646) 378-0430.
And if you miss the live program, you can go to the website and listen to all our archived programs whenever you like at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/3women3ways
“If I can help one victim survive, I believe I survived for a reason.” ~ Kathy Haley
Kathy Haley’s a survivor of Domestic Violence and Activist. Her story or should we say “nightmare” is one that needs to be told and retold to the millions of women experiencing domestic violence and stalking. Kathy is a regular speaker for the National Institute of Crime Prevention, she has been a guest on the Maury Povich Show, the Radio Talk Show with Host Leslie Marshall and has been utilized by several other domestic violence groups as an expert in the field of domestic violence.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: 1 800 779- 7233 or 1 800 787-3224 (TTY)
MUSICDRAMATV - Talks Violence in the Community (PSA)
While bullies, gangs, weapons, and substance abuse all contribute to the fear experienced by many of today's students, violence in America's neighborhoods and communities cannot be overlooked. The roots of violence reach deep into society
2.6 million youth ages 12 to 17 were victims of violent crimes Many young people, aware of the dangers that exist within their communities and schools, feel compelled to make changes in their lifestyles. MUSICDRAMATV.NET
Guest Call In- (646) 787-1569
Chicago’s Black Business Radio Network
(All Black! All News! All You!)
CBBN Business Journals
Vikki Hankins – An Advocate for The Civil Rights of EX-Felons in The State of Florida
As part of our CBBN Business Journals Segment we will interview business owners from around the country.
In 1990, Ms. Hankins was sentenced to 23 years d 4 months in federal prison. She was released in March 2008 -- 18 years later.
She is an advocate and in a battle with the State of Florida for the restoration of the rights of the ex-con.
“It’s a book at a time, it’s a speech at a time,” says Hankins. “I’m not standing still. Definitely not going backwards.
Vikki is now the owner of A4J Publishing.
READ HER COMPLETE STORY HERE:
Aspiring Florida defense lawyer Kevin Lomax (Keanu Reeves) accepts a high-powered position at a New York law firm headed by legal shark John Milton (Al Pacino). As Kevin moves up in the firm's ranks, his wife, Mary Ann (Charlize Theron), has several frightening, mystical experiences that begin to warp her sense of reality. With the stakes getting higher with each case, Kevin quickly learns that his mentor is planning a far greater evil than simply winning without scruples.
Director: Taylor Hackford
Writers: Andrew Neiderman (novel), Jonathan Lemkin (screenplay),
Stars: Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino, Charlize Theron
What are some of the signs of domestic violence? Are you or someone you know in a violent relationship? What are some ways that you can protect yourself or someone you love? What about teenagers in violent relationships? J'Wan Yvette explores these questions and more on this special edition of Justified Madness. Let's break the silence on dometic violence and help victims become victors. This week's episode includes music by Cheryl "Pepsii" Riley, Eminem feat. Rihanna, Aaliyah and more.
In the world of Pit Bull Advocacy, we all want the same thing. The fair and equal treatments of the dogs we know and love as Pit Bull. One thing has been clear in my 12 years as an owner, lover, and advocate, our methods and views are not always the same, and we can, and we do, clash. In fighting, boasting, egos, and more. What can we do as advocates to look past those differences, avoid such clashes and do away with the egos involved, including our own?
Join Dogfather and Joe on our 1st show of 2015 as we discuss this and more. We welcome your calls with comments and questions. Phone lines open at the top of the show. 347-838-8615
Join us on this topic tonight "Suicide Prevention"
What are your thoughts? Do you know anyone who has commited suicide? How can we help someone that comes to us with thoughts like this?
Honey Drip Radio Corporation is a network. We have one of the hottest radio shows we have an international network. We have open mic for advertisements, poets, rappers, singers, businesses, speakers, talk shows and more!!! Come showcase your talent.
**POST YOUR POEMS, MUSIC LINKS AND EVENTS in our groups and our page
Listen in as I speak about a young ladies story I heard today. Teen Domestic Violence is happening YES it's happening. This is definitley an issue we need to speak to our children about no matter what age. They need guidance. If they see you getting abused the chances of them going through the same thing is that much greater!
Make sure to tune in, be prepared to ask questions or even make comments!
Today on the Weekend Edition we have Hip Hop Artist, ADVOCATE on to discuss his new single "Movie". Plus we will have music from the many Spike Lee movies. That means jazz, Stevie Wonder, and old school R&B. Enjoy this Memorial Day Weekend and turn this up at your BBQ!!
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/advocate-realmusic-ent, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advocate/324075151110036, Twitter: https://twitter.com/advocate_emcee,
The Crystal Show: http://www.thecrystalshow.com
The Breakdown returns tonight at 9pm PST (12am EST) with an all new episode. Tonight I'll be covering Black on Black Violence, Riots, and The Media. I'll also be addressing a few lies you're being told by some prominent "Christian" spokesmen.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (23 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (10 chatters)
- dtm radio (9 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (9 chatters)
- Curious Times (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Thats Novel (6 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Stand For Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (4 chatters)
- ridgewalkerradio (4 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (4 chatters)
- Soul Talk Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- talking paranormal2 (2 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (2 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries Intl (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- The Way Walkers (2 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- The Urban Release (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (1 chatters)
- American Peoples Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (1 chatters)
- Tales of Hair and Hairy Tales (0 chatters)