SORT BY Relevancy
The words domestic violence are usually assoiciated with an adult woman being abused by an adult male. One in four women will be affected by some form of domestic violence, in their lifetime. Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, psychological violence, and emotional abuse. http://www.ncadv.org/need-support/what-is-domestic-violence.
With awareness growing, studies have been geared to teen domestic violence. The statistics are alarming. http://www.loveisrespect.org/resources/dating-violence-statistics/ Over 1.5 million high school students will experience some form of physical abuse, this year. 43% of college dating women have reported some form of abuse. These numbers only include the reported number of cases. Statistically, only 33% of those vicitims every told anyone about the abuse. Parents that were surveyed don't believe that teen domestic violence is an issue (81%). The shocking part, only 58% of parents could identify the signs of an abusive relationship.
Organizations can spread awareness, but education is needed for our teens. As of July 2014, only 22 states had some form of legislation; in place, that addresses education for teen dating violence. http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/teen-dating-violence.aspx
Spreading awareness is a step in the right direction, but without educational programs we could see these statistics continue to grow.
The Aftermath of Violence: Trauma & Abuse
Harris County Precint 7 Domestic Violence Deputy Program
5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TExas 77021
24 hour dispatch 713-643-6602
Victims Services 713-643-66773
Today's Topic: Holiday Hell
Are you ready for the holiday with your significant other? Or is this the first holiday without him or her? Have your prepared yourself for the in-laws? What has you in an emotional reck preparing for the day of Thanksgiving? We know all to well that the argument about the TURKEY is not about the turkey. Are you Lonely or Depression? Today we will talk to listeners as they discuss their emotions as they prepare for the upcoming holidays.
Ava Ross shares and discusses on an open platform, relationships of the past, present and future. Join Ava Ross, Executive Director of Tabula Rasa Domestic Violence as she takes you on the journey from the past to the present; and help you discover the true impact of relationships.
SISTERS is an online radio show created to empower, insprie, and help women understand and identify componets that are the makeup of unhealthy relationships that invite and allow abuse.
SISTERS goal is to equip women with the tools to ultimately make better decisions as they journey to a better, healthier, and loving relationship, first with themselves and then with others.
If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence call our help line at 1-877-977-8738 for assistance. Need someone to talk to so that your situation does not escalade to a domestic violence event, call our hotline.
Visit us on the web at www.tabularasadv.org
7:00pm to 8:00pm
Topic: Communication which is a major contribuiting factor in healthy relationships. Tune in on how we actually commuincate with each other.
Guest Speaker Dr. Gilmore
8:00pm to 9:00pm
Topic: Missing Persons
Guest Speaker: Volunteer from Texas Equusearch.
On Firday @ 7:30 EST Join me and experts as we discuss DV at blogtalk.com/blogtalkusa or call in (347) 855-8118. Domestic Violence against women should be viewed as violence against the community. We should see men’s violence against women as not stemming from individual pathology, but rather from a socially reinforced sense of entitlement. Continuously viewing this problem from an individual standpoint will never heal a nation. We must cut at the roots of the problem and not at the branches! We must reexamine the methods and assumptions in which men and women are educated about preventing and stopping Domestic Violence.
Join us as we shed a light on domestic violence in all its manifestations. Tonights show is sponsored by Getchusomefree with special guest Ninah Iam, founder of Getchusomefree! Don't be ashamed to share your experience, celebrate your survival and let's help others find their light!
Domestic Violence is a violent or aggressive behavior within or outside of the home, typically involving the violent abuse of a spouse or partner.
"Police, social services, and voluntary agencies are working together to tackle domestic violence"
Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury and death to women between 15 - 44 in the US, more than accidents, muggings, and rape combined. One women is beaten by her husband, or partner every 15 seconds in the US. How can we put a stop to domestic violence in America, who should we turn too?
Battering occurs among people from all races, ages, social economic classes, religious affiliations, occupations, and educational backgrounds.
7:00 to 8:00pm
Guest Speaker Sharon Bayus with Innovative Alternatives, Inc.
8:00 to 9:00pm
Guest Speaker Robert Lewis Robinson II with ItTakes a VillageY'all and It Takes a Village Y'all to Find our Missing
Domestic Violence Awareness Month is in October, and the issue does not disappear just because the month has come and gone. Domestic Violence continues to rear its ugly head on a number of fronts--child abuse; spousal abuse; domestic partner abuse and elder abuse. Left unchecked, domestic violence can lead to a number of unintended consequences, including homelessness, loss of income, low self-esteem, and even death.
Dr. Dennis Deer, President of Deer Rehabilitative Services, Inc., a full service behavioral health company, will be our guest today. We will talk about domestic violence, how to identify people who have been abused, ways we may help them, and available resources.
Call in live at (347) 884-8121. You don't need an account to listen, but, if you want to participate in an online chat, open a listener-only account at https://secure.blogtalkradio.com/register.aspx?type=listener to participate in a live chat.
Visit Valeriefleonard.com. Archived episodes may be found at http://Valeriefleonard.com/NonprofitU, iTunes, Podcast Chart, Blubrry and Stitcher.
Addressing the importance of talking with our youth about teen dating violence awareness month, understanding the signs of abuse and discussing our upcoming Quarterly Pamper and Support Day event.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (53 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (39 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (15 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (13 chatters)
- John Baptist (12 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (9 chatters)
- BeverlyD (8 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (6 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (6 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (4 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (4 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (2 chatters)
- superdaveshow (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- The Monique Chapman Show (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- Papa CE (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Life and Times2 (1 chatters)
- BULLY BLOCK RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- EWOL MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- 67761 (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- Thats Novel (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Silver Dawn Radio (0 chatters)