SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Paul Pitlyk “graduated from St. Louis University School of Medicine where he then left for Rochester to participate in the 5 year program studying neurosurgery at Mayo Clinic. After operating in a private practice in Milwaukee, he joined the US Navy where he was sent to Vietnam for 1 year as a neurosurgeon for wounded marines. Upon his return, Pitlyk was assigned to work in the Naval Hospital in San Diego. He then returned to private practice for 40 years. Paul Pitlyk is the author of Blood on China Beach: My Story as a Brain Surgeon in Vietnam.
According to the book, Blood on China Beach: My Story as a Brain Surgeon in Vietnam, “More than once during his yearlong duty, thirty-two-year-old Dr. James J. Paul wondered what had possessed him to leave the security of a neurosurgery practice in the Midwest to experience the blood, guts, and gore of brain surgery at a forward marine hospital during the Vietnam War. In Blood on China Beach, Paul shares the story of how he learned his craft in a rudimentary hospital in Vietnam, twelve thousand miles from home. This memoir picks up where most Vietnam battlefield memoirs leave off-when the choppers deliver the dead and gravely wounded to the field hospitals and the dedicated doctors and medical staff struggle under primitive and unsterile conditions to preserve life. In this environment, Paul was charged with carrying out emergency neurosurgery on those soldiers sustaining head injuries. He details both the emotional and professional factors that played a role in his service and provides a unique perspective to the Vietnam War. Insightful and historically significant, Blood on China Beach shows Paul's reverence for life and his admiration for the bravery of the marines he operated on, even as he questioned his own ability to make a difference."
Tune in to this week's edition of "The American Maverick Show" hosted by syndicated talk host Flint Engleman.
This week we focus on our military veterans. We'll highlight the work of the Vietnam War Foundation to inform the public about the Vietnam war and veterans who fought in service to our country.
Listeners are welcome to call in to the show! Dial (434)964-1075 anytime during our live broadcast on Sunday from 8:05-8:50pm EDT.
8:15pm Mr. Robert Hull. Mr. Hull is the spokesman for the Vietnam War Foundation. He'll provide information about the work of the foundation and the incredible authenticity of the museum they operate.
The American Maverick Show is a syndicated radio production by Maverick Media. We are a proud affiliate of Red State Talk Radio Network. Follow on Twitter @AmericanMav
Check out our Top 100 ranked conservative blog at TheAmericanMaverick.com
Lt. Col. Raymond Taylor, who earned two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star in Vietnam, joins us today to honor Memorial Day. Ray will tell us what it was like to survive being blown up by anti-tank mines not once but twice, and what all young soldiers who are far away from home and in danger experience on a daily basis.
The March 14, 2013, episode of American Heroes Radio features a conversation with Robert G. Kay, a civilian advisor to the South Vietnamese Navy. Robert G. Kay is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and currently resides in Pensacola with his Vietnamese wife. He retired from the US Navy as a lieutenant in 1969 after being wounded & losing his leg in Vietnam. He returned to Vietnam as a civilian advisor to the Vietnamese Navy at the request of the commander of US Naval Forces. He held
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes back author Jeanette Vaughan to Conversatins LIVE to discuss her literary journey and new book SOLO VIETNAM.
VOW Talk Radio Founder, Patti Katter will be speaking with - Bill "Moon" Mullen who sits on the VHPA executive council. We will hear from Vietnam Helicopter Pilots who flew missions during Vietnam. This is a pre-recorded show; throw-back from when VOW Talk Radio first started in 2010. You may visit the VHPA website at
Major Ray Gleason, USA (ret.) “is a retired infantry major of the US Army. He has been awarded several commendations & decorations, including the Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), Bronze Star with V (Valor), & State of New York Humanitarian Service Medal. Gleason was also granted the State of Ohio Commendation Medal & Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Gold Palm. He is currently a lecturer at Northwestern University’s School of Continuing Studies in Chicago. Gleason received a Ph.D. in Medieval Literature & an MA in English Literature from Northwestern University. He also received a BA in English Lit. & European History from Hunter College in New York. He has taught literature and writing at Mundelein College, Lewis University and William Rainy Harper College. Gleason is on the Leadership and English faculties of the Culver Academies in Culver, Indiana.” Major Ray Gleason is the author of A Grunt Speaks: A 'Devil's Dictionary' of Vietnam Infantry Tales and Terms.
According to the book description “What was it like to be a nineteen year old US Army infantryman in the highlands of Vietnam in the late 'sixties? Major Ray Gleason’s book, A Grunt Speaks: A 'Devil’s Dictionary of Vietnam Infantry Tales & Terms from Unlimited Publishing LLC, uses the terminology and concepts of the Vietnam-era infantry to explore the infantrymen’s attitudes toward their role in the war, the anti-war movement, their enemies and each other.
Gleason, a combat veteran, retired Infantry officer, college professor in literature, and ethics teacher brings a fresh, and at times humorously ironic, perspective on the experiences of young Americans in combat and their struggles to re-integrate themselves into a society that seemed at times hostile and embarrassed by what they represented.
Veteran’s Day is a day that is celebrated to honor our brave men and women who have served our great country. Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, whereas Memorial Day celebrates the lives of our brave men and women who have died while serving. There are many health issues our veterans and the children of veterans are dealing with. One organization called The Children of Vietnam Veterans Health Alliance was created to educate the population on the very curre
April 25, 2013 9pm EST Ret Air Force Veteran G. Mark LaFrancis interviews Vietnam Veteran, War Correspondent and Author Joseph Galloway and (Ret) 24 Year Navy Veteran Karen D. Jeffries.
1. Air Force Veteran G Mark LaFrancis has his second interview with Vietnam Veteran and Journalist Joseph Galloway - On May 1, 1998, Joe Galloway was decorated with a Bronze Star Medal with V for rescuing wounded soldiers under fire in the Ia Drang Valley, in November 1965. He is Co-author, with Lt. Gen. (ret) Hal Moore, of the national bestseller “We Were Soldiers Once-And Young”. Joseph Galloway also co-authored “Triumph Without Victory: The History of the Persian Gulf War” and More!
For more details go to:
G. Mark LaFrancis will be interviewing Vietnam Veteran and Author Joseph Galloway. More on Joseph will be posted here soon.
Mark LaFrancis has lectured widely about the need to support soldiers and their loved ones, and he is a long-time contributor to the non-profit Fisher House Foundation – www.fisherehouse.org On this special program will be their V.P. Derek Donovan.
Mark has been the cornerstone of veterans programs in his home community of Natchez, Mississippi, spearheading a drive to restore the damaged Veterans Memorial in downtown, coordinating the community’s Veterans Day Program, reinvigorating the community’s American Flag Retirement Ceremony, and coordinating his college’s Campaign for Soldiers and Veterans, collecting thousands of items for soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and for hospitalized veterans. His efforts have earned him a Certificate of Achievement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
in Self Help
Daryl Eigen is a Vietnam combat veteran, a business innovator, and yoga teacher who has written a book that will give veterans everywhere support. In ‘A Hellish Place of Angels’ Daryl talks about his heroic journey through Vietnam to his equally heroic work at healing his own PTSD. This is a must read for anyone who works with trauma, or who wants to know what our troops went through and how one man found a way to conquer the past and create a new future.
Tonight's show is a special show in celebration of Memorial Day by honoring our fallen heroes and the heroes who are still with us. Dan Harley (a.k.a. Mr. Technology) will interview a Vietnam Veteran who recently visited Vietnam for the first time since his tour of duty. We will talk about his service during the war, his feelings since, why he finally chose to go back and his recent experiences. This is a show that you don't want to miss. DAN HARLEY has decade
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (433 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (53 chatters)
- NTEB (23 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- Love Productions (18 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (17 chatters)
- TimBinnall (16 chatters)
- New Colony Network (15 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (13 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (13 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (12 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (12 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (11 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (10 chatters)
- Enfinity 1 Wrestling (9 chatters)
- Cubanarama (9 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (8 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- Walking in Energy (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (7 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (6 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (6 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (5 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (5 chatters)
- drinkfive Fantasy Football Podcast (4 chatters)
- dtm wicked (4 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (4 chatters)
- Talk2Q (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Suite Radio Broadcast (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (3 chatters)
- churchboi (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (3 chatters)
- AACONS (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Kawakab (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Walk in the Darkness (3 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (3 chatters)
- The Annoying Peasants (3 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (3 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (2 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (2 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- MoodSwings (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- TEAM Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (1 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Rykers Underground0 (1 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (1 chatters)
- Shay and Tyler and Friends (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Music Art and Comedy Show (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- CarltonBurgess (1 chatters)
- BeardsG3 (1 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (1 chatters)
- 1stfamradio (1 chatters)
- KDCL Media (1 chatters)
- Howling Wolfs Raido (1 chatters)
- Jay Rex Music live Talk (1 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Truth Education (1 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (1 chatters)
- The Lucid Dreamer Show (1 chatters)
- Word of Love and Faith (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Mundia Brasil 2014 (0 chatters)