SORT BY Relevancy
Exercise is not a process that needs be eschewed or prevented during pregnancy," says Dr. John Botti, director of maternal-fetal medicine at Penn State Geisinger Health System, who studied the effects of exercise on moderately conditioned pregnant women. "Reasonably performed exercise doesn't appear to cause harm, and may, in fact, have benefits."
The key is finding a reasonable level, and that depends largely on the shape you were in before, the activities your body was comfortable with, and your health during pregnancy. Always check with your doctor or midwife first, but here's food for thought for the novice and the enthusiast, as well as some basic dos and don'ts.
The Novice: Walking and Water Spell R-E-L-I-E-F
"Only 20% to 30% of the population exercises on a regular basis, so the typical pregnant woman hasn't exercised prior to pregnancy," says Bonnie Berk, creator of MOTHERWELL, a pre- and postnatal fitness program offered throughout the United States and abroad.
Still, it's not too late for pregnant women who haven't been consistent exercisers to start now. Although hard data on the value of prenatal exercise isn't as well-documented for unfit women as for fit ones, experts like Berk have seen firsthand the difference that exercise can make, even for couch potatoes.
Barbecues, ice cream, and inactivity during the summer can all lead to lower fitness levels. Teen hosts Drew, Kaitlyn, Robert, and Sarah share their tips for getting or staying fit over the summer. Some suggestions from our show:
Take advantage of the fruits and vegetables that are now in season.
Drink plenty of water. If you drink a lot of soda, try replacing a couple with water each day.
Talk to your doctor about healthy ways to reduce your calorie intake and increase your activity level.
Listen to our show and share your own summer health ideas with us!
Today award-winning television host, popular cookbook author and vegan chef Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes Zsu Dever, author of the blog, Zsu's Vegan Pantry, to chat about wonderful recipes and the new book, Everyday Vegan Eats. Laura Theodore’s newest cookbook, Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites, is now available along with her popular book: Jazzy Vegetarian, Lively Vegan Cuisine That’s Easy and Delicious. Watch Jazzy Vegetarian on television, airing on the CREATE Channel across the country. Zsu Dever has been involved in the restaurant business most of her life. She hails from a long line of culinary professionals and restaurateurs. She is the author of the blog Zsu's Vegan Pantry and is passionate about teaching new vegans and vegetarians how to succeed with their newly chosen diet and become lifelong vegans. She is a homeschooling mother of three teenagers in San Diego, CA. In addtion, Laura will welcome award-winning Italian tenor, songwriter, and producer, Michéal Castaldo who has entertained more than 500,000 people across the USA and Europe with classic Italian songs.
Today award-winning television host, popular cookbook author and vegan chef Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian will share her fabulous vegan Labor Day menu and then chat with Stephanie Feldstein who is the Director of the Population and Sustainability program at the Center for Biological Diversity, to share about the Extinction-free BBQ! Laura Theodore’s cookbooks Jazzy Vegetarian Classics and Jazzy Vegetarian are available. SEASON FOUR of Jazzy Vegetarian premieres on September 1, 2014 - full of celebrity guests and celebratory meals! Stephanie Feldstein's work highlights and addresses threats to endangered species and wild places from runaway human population growth and overconsumption. Stephanie holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan in creative writing and has more than 15 years of experience in animal rescue and advocacy.
Getting teenagers to exercise can be a daunting task. After all, with the computer and Internet, television, video games and other sedentary temptations, the idea of getting up and moving around can be less than appealing. However, it is important for teens to exercise. The American Heart Association identifies physical inactivity as risk factor for several health problems - www.teenhelp.com
Today we would like to remind you to to Stay Fit this Summer 2014
This Summer Marquel and I have walked miles thats right we have commited to morning, evening and night walks.
We remind you of the Michele Obama Lets Move Program that we have cited in the past committed to children to keep fit by dancing, eating right , walking , sports, and running etc..
Lets Move...Get Active - Offering parents the tools and information they need to make better decisions about their
children's nutrition. Also working to Improving the accessibility and affordability of healthy foods. Last but not least Physical activity -- increasing opportunities for kids to play and move.
Get your community government involved - Mayors and community leaders can promote physical fitness by working to increase safe routes for kids to walk and ride to school; by revitalizing parks, playgrounds, and community centers; and by providing fun and affordable sports and fitness programs.
Let’s Move! supports the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+) challenge, which helps individuals commit to regular physical activity and healthy eating -- and rewards them for it.
Join Dr. Cherilyn Lee, co-host Karlynn Cammon and special guests Tony Nicholas and Dana Wilke as they discuss The Sam Simon Foundation and the movement of provding nutritious vegan food to families exeperiencing economic hardship.
Over 1.7 million people living in Los Angeles County lack consistent access to healthy food. Of those, 400,000 are children. One-third of families who receive nutrition assistance have at least one person in the family working. The Sam Simon Foundation-Feeding Families was created in 2011 to help end hunger. They are a proud partner of a network of pantries, neighborhood centers, food banks, faith-based groups and others who are committed to ending food insecurity in our community. The Sam Simon Foundation distributes nutritious vegan groceries, at no cost, to individuals and families who are struggling to make ends meet.
Today award-winning television host, popular plant-based cookbook author and vegan chef Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes Unrefined Vegan Ann Oliverio to share plant-based tips and vegan recipes for summer fun! Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites, Laura Theodore’s newest cookbook, is now available wherever fine books are sold along with her popular book: Jazzy Vegetarian, Lively Vegan Cuisine That’s Easy and Delicious. Watch Jazzy Vegetarian on the CREATE Channel all across the country. Ann Oliverio created Unrefined Vegan.com to share her passion for eating as healthfully as possible while also eating as deliciously as possible; without the consumption or use of animal products. Her other creation, Virtual Vegan Potluck is an online party for vegan-friendly food bloggers. Ann’s recipes are all plant-based – meaning that they contain absolutely no animal products and many of the recipes are also free of oil and of refined products such as white flour and white sugar. Ann aims for ingredients to be as “whole” as possible.
Get Healthy, Wealthy & Wise :) Stay Fit!
The Good News Show Welcome's Author Latrice Collins Hear All About Her New Book "The Perfect Fit For Careers For Christians"
Ms. Collins is Also A Inspirational Speaker and Career Coach She Has Twenty Five Years of Proven Success as An Executive. Her Track Record Includes Senior Executive in Top Fortune 500 Companies-Adjunct Professor and Television Talk Show Host...
Tune In On Monday Evenings To The Good News Show! at 5:30 pm CST
Show Sponsored by Host/Mathell Givens Author of "Angels in My Life"...Also Available On "AUDIO"....Through... iUniverse.com
Have you been working on getting healthy but find it to be a struggle? Don’t stop because your breakthrough is right around the corner – it truly is but you need to look at it with a new perspective or fresh eyes. Not sure what I mean? The best way to explain it is to stop and look at how far you’ve come since you first started your journey. For me my “aha” moment really came after my hysterectomy when two weeks after surgery and off the pain medication, I felt good. REALLY GOOD. Three years ago, I would not have been able to write that for you to read but I did notice little breakthroughs throughout my journey.
Having always been active, exercise was not my issue because no matter how “fluffy” I may have been, I always exercised even if it was just to take a walk. The reason exercise has never been my issue is because it keeps my stress in check and it is a part of my day just like everything else on my list. On the other hand, I was not as successful with my eating. Eating correctly and in the right amounts are my issues. As I started training for my first triathlon, I also started completing 5K’s, 10K’s and a half marathon. None of these events had been on my radar before I began my triathlon training but I quickly found that I enjoyed them. What really opened my eyes to what was happening with my body is on the days that I ate well and really paid attention to what I was putting on my plate and ultimately in my body, I performed better whether it was running, biking or even the hour Zumba class. Have you heard that saying “You’re only as good as your last meal?” Nothing could be more true. The better my food choices were, the better my physical level would be. When I ate crap, my physical and energy levels would be poor.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (147 chatters)
- John Baptist (101 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (59 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (29 chatters)
- RCRadio (29 chatters)
- DDP Radio (28 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (15 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (15 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- David and Wes (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Progressive Talking People (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)