SORT BY Relevancy
My guest tonight is Tamara Tait. We will be talking about VBACS and the VBAC Summit and what you need to know about your choices and rights.
Trained as a midwife and marriage and family therapist Tamara has a varied background in women’s reproductive health activism and has been working in maternal, infant and child health for the last seven years. Tamara has a deep interest in the sustainability of the midwifery profession and politics as it relates to birth. Currently pursuing a Phd in Family Therapy, her research interests focus on exploring mental health issues that are pervasive during the childbearing year particularly the experience of postpartum depression, post traumatic stress associated with birth and perinatal bereavement. Tamara serves as the Southeast representative on the board of the Midwives Alliance of North America, is the current president of Florida Friends of Midwives, founder of The Monarch Collective and the owner of The Gathering Place in Miami, Florida.
May is Pregnancy Awareness Month and it would be refreshing to hear from a Board Certified Physician who specializes in Pregnancy and Maternal Fetal Medicine to dispel the current myths and trends that are dominating. Dr. Jaffe with Rosh Fetal Medicine in NYC can speak about several topics related to high-risk pregnancy, when to worry and when not to, what are the best nutritional guidelines, weightlifting and exercising during pregnancy (is CrossFit healthy when pregnant?), eating your placenta, dangers of home-births, etc.
Dr. Ira Jaffe is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and comes to ROSH Maternal-Fetal Medicine with 17 years of experience providing comprehensive obstetrical and gynecologic care to women. He attended the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school and completed his residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in Greenwich Village. Dr. Jaffe brings his expertise in high-risk obstetrics, vaginal breech deliveries & VBAC. He has a very low c-section rate and is committed to helping women manage high-risk pregnancies resulting in a normal birth experience.
In addition to these expertise, Dr. Jaffe is specially trained in osteopathic relief of pregnancy back pain. This training is based on a model of health and healing that focuses on the whole person as opposed to one organ at a time and gives him the ability to offer effective, safe treatments for the common aches and pains that accompany pregnancy and the post partum period. He has extensive experience performing laparoscopic hysterectomies, managing ovarian masses, treating endometriosis and performing procedures that allow a woman to go home the same day of surgery and resume normal activities within 1 to 2 weeks.
Bronwyn, an LDS mother of 4 children, converses with host, Susan Fierro-Baig, about the placental abruption she experienced during her third pregnancy, the emergency cesarean section that followed, the emotional trauma that ensued, and how she overcame the trauma through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Bronwyn also shares her victory over the vertical scar which makes a VBAC even more challenging and her son's miraculous recovery after being born premature at 26 weeks.
TFB recaps Day 1 of the National Institute of Health's conference on Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) with special guests Debra Bingham, DrPH, RH, LCCE & President-Elect for Lamaze International, and Amy Romano, MSN, CNM, who runs the Science & Sensibility blog for Lamaze International.
Haunted Mamas: Healing the Heartbreak of a Traumatic Birth?Tonight my guest will be Christy Diane Farr. Traumatic births leave wounds -- some more subtle than others -- that leave new moms feeling disconnected from themselves and the people they love. Broken hearts need the courage and resources to heal in preparation for, and also through, childbirth. Recognizing and honoring previous birth trauma nurtures a woman's trust and confidence in you, and perhaps most importantly, within herself. Christy Farr of Seeds and Weeds Coaching and I will spend this hour exploring ways that moms and those who support them can work together to cultivate the healing they need and desire.
Join Danielle and skilled Obstetrician and natural birth advocate Dr. Stuart Fischbein for an hour long discussion on cesarean sections, VBAC and VBAC access, and the current maternity care system.
Join me and Ana Hill, CCCE, CLD, CLE and the CAPPA Labor Doula Director as we discuss all things labor doula related in how doula's reduce cesarean rates, supporting VBAC mothers, supporting a cesarean mother, and so much more!
Welcome to our inaugural radio show featuring Dr. Poppy Daniels an OB/GYN, wife and mother of 5. We will be delving into the perspective of an OB/GYN on VBAC, Cesarean, the NIH Consensus and her own varied birth stories including her "surprise" VBAC. More information on Dr. Poppy can be found at www.drpoppy.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (98 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (59 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (11 chatters)
- BeverlyD (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- John Baptist (9 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- Patriot Family (8 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (7 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (6 chatters)
- HealingMom (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (4 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (3 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (3 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- Speed 77 Radio (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (3 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WWCRHost (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (0 chatters)