SORT BY Relevancy
“Beliefs divide us, values unite us. Fight violence with values.”
Godless – Living a Valuable Life beyond Beliefs is Jeff Rasley’s 8th book and it is
- A value-based counter-attack against religious fanaticism and political gridlock.
- A critique of fundamentalism and ideological politics and a remedy for what ails the Church and the political order.
- A middle way between orthodoxy and atheism to save religion in the advancing age of unbelief and a pragmatic approach to encourage political activism to counter apathy.
It shows how religious and political extremism can be defeated with pragmatism and positive values.
The book is available through Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P766NYO
Jeff Rasley is a retired lawyer, professor in the Honors Program at Butler University, organizes and leads Himalayan trekking expeditions, and is president of the Basa Village Foundation. His website is http://www.jeffreyrasley.com
Enjoy a free chapter from Rick Tocquigny's upcoming fifth book- Life Lessons for Grads- All Ages and Stages.
This chapter is about the extraordinary story of a rowing team at Kent featuring Rick Rinehart.
Purchase Life Lessons for Grads at www.rowman.com
Life Lessons explores treating brain cancer. Dr. Stephen Toms and Dr. Shripathi Holi join us to discuss:
AN INNOVATIVE, WEARABLE DEVICE IS AVAILABLE TO TREAT ONE OF THE DEADLIEST FORMS OF CANCER. A DIAGNOSIS OF GLIOBLASTOMA, THE MOST AGGRESSIVE AND COMMON FORM OF BRAIN CANCER, CAN BE DEVASTATING. THERE ARE LIMITED TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR GLIOBLASTOMA, BUT SIGNIFICANT NEW DATA ON ONE TREATMENT OPTION WAS RECENTLY PRESENTED. JOINING US WITH MORE IS DR. STEVEN TOMS OF GEISINGER-COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER’S NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE IN PENNSYLANIA.
1. HOW SERIOUS IS GLIOBLASTOMA, AND HOW IS IT TREATED?
2. TELL US ABOUT THIS NEW TREATMENT OPTION FOR RECURRENT GLIOBLASTOMA. WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT IT?
3. WHAT CAN PATIENTS EXPECT WITH THIS TREATMENT?
4. TELL US ABOUT THE OPTUNE DATA THAT WAS JUST RELEASED.
5. WHY IS THIS DATA IMPORTANT?
Steven A. Toms, MD, will join Shripathi Holla, MD, in treating patients in Geisinger-Community Medical Center’s Neuroscience Institute. Dr. Toms, Geisinger Health System’s Director of Neurosurgery and Co-Director of the Geisinger Neuroscience Institute, specializes in the treatment of brain tumors.
Share your life lessons from sisters for our next book at www.life-lessons.co
Join Life Lessons moment with host Rick Tocquigny as he takes you into the darkness of the Congo
Share your life lessons from sisters stories with us and be in our next book. Submit your stories to www.life-lessons.co today.
Frank Bruni is one of our favorite writers for the NY Times. His musings on aging and wisdom are shared on this show.
Share your life lessons at www.life-lessons.co today.
Life Changing Insights with Dr. Alan Simberg and his guest Jeff Rasley:
Jeff Rasley is the author of seven books and has published numerous articles in academic and mainstream periodicals, including Newsweek, Chicago Magazine, ABA Journal, Family Law Review, American Athenaeum, Pacific Magazine, Indy’s Child, The Journal of Communal Societies, The Chrysalis Reader, Faith & Fitness Magazine, Friends Journal, and Real Travel Adventures International Magazine. He is an award-winning photographer and his pictures taken in the Himalayas and Caribbean and Pacific islands have been published in several journals. He has appeared as an expert guest on over forty radio programs.
Rasley has engaged in social activism and philanthropic efforts from an early age. In high school he co-founded the Goshen Walk for Hunger. In law school he was an advocate for renters' rights as the leader of the first rent strike in Indiana, and he served as a lobbyist and president of the Indianapolis Tenants Association. As an attorney for Legal Services organization he was lead counsel on two class action suits on behalf of prisoners which resulted in judgments requiring the construction of two new jails in Central Indiana. Jeff was the lead plaintiff in a class action requiring the clean-up of the White River after it was polluted by an industrial chemical spill. Jeff is the founder and president of the Basa Village Foundation USA, which raises money for culturally sensitive development work in the Basa area of Nepal. He currently serves as an officer or director for five nonprofit corporations.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Jay King Network (10 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (4 chatters)
- Ring of Fire Ministries (4 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (2 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- SB Barber Morning Show (1 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)