SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
Join 'Missing Page Of History' on Sat., June , 2015 at 12 Noon EST. MPH will focus on the theme: 'The Missing Pages of the History of Voting, Crime & Policing.' We will also speak on some 'current events of the day.' Join Us by dailing in to (818) 337-0016 or go online at www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Mon. May, 25th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We'll discuss “The History of Memorial Day and It’s African American Origins”. We’ll also talk about the acquittal of Office Michael Brelo in Cleveland Ohio. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/26/the-history-of-memorial-day-and-its-african-american-origins or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
We'll discuss current events on tonight's show.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. May, 27th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll discuss “Five on The Black Handside: The History of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes”. Did you ever wonder where the “Dap” came from, fist bumping, etc.? CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Five on The Black Handside, the history of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes. 2) Baltimore City Schools layoff notices go out. 3) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 4) This date in African American History – Elijah McCoy, Inventor
There are no shortage of Latin music in there world so it is easy to miss a gem here and there. Cuban Nights is one such album. A Salsa musical treat for world music enthusiasts. As the tavel ban withers away, and Americans make plans for long awaited Havana excursion, I decided to pull one of my all time favorite Cuban Salsa compilation CDs. It's hot stuff so be prepared to get yo Bailar ON amigos - Ay!!!! CD is available via amazon.
This Saturday night at 7PM Atlantic Time (6PM Eastern Time & 3PM Pacific Time) our guest will be Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling Legend The Cuban Assassin! Fans of the man who brought mayhem to the Maritimes & Calgary in the 70's & 80's and remains to this day one of the most feared and beloved characters ever in AGPW history. His legendary feuds with Leo Burke are some of the most memorable in Maritime history and his tag team with "No Class" Bobby Bass remains one of the most successful of all time in AGPW history!
We've finally been able to lock down the Cuban Assassin and he'll join us for two hours this Saturday night and he'll be taking YOUR CALLS! Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to ask questions to or say hello to the Cuban madman in this rare live appearance on "Pure Class with Bobby Bass & Jeff Docherty".
We'll also have a few special surprise guests calling in to chat with the Cuban Assassin and reminisce about the glory days of wrestling! You won't want to miss this show!
Set your alarms, reminders or whatever you need to remember to tune in for this week's episode and be sure you call in to say hello and ask questions to the Cuban Assassin! He's looking forward to hearing from his fans..and maybe even a few of you who may not have been so fond of him back in his AGPW days!
This weekend, we're thrilled to, once again, bring one of the true legends of Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling to the fans for an intimate chat and we hope you'll take this opportunity to tune in and call in to talk to the one & only Cuban Assassin!
Join Host Live Chats
- Star Nations Radio Network (19 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (11 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (4 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (4 chatters)
- nckabbalah (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- AJAM (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)