SORT BY Relevancy
#200: Yvette Healy, Head Coach, Wisconsin. The Wisconsin softball team will square off with nine teams that advanced to the 2015 NCAA Tournament during the 2016 campaign including California, BYU, Louisville, NC State, Kansas, Arizona State, Minnesota, Northwestern and Nebraska. The Badgers finished last year with a 21-31 overall record and a 5-17 Big Ten record last year. They open the regular season against California at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe, Arizona on Feb. 12-14. Next, the Badgers head to Raleigh, North Carolina, for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Feb. 19-21. Big Ten play kicks off for the Badgers in East Lansing, Michigan, against Michigan State on March 24-26. UW hosts four Big Ten opponents at Goodman Diamond, starting with a series against Ohio State on April 1-3. The Badgers head to Minnesota for a doubleheader against the Gophers on April 12, followed by a trip to Iowa April 15-17. A series at home against Illinois on April 22-24, a doubleheader against Green Bay on April 26, and a final series facing Northwestern at Goodman Diamond will close out UW's home slate. The Badgers wrap up their regular season on the road at Nebraska on May 6-8. Badgers Twitter, Badgers Facebook, Coach Healy Twitter, TCRS Twitter, TCRS Facebook,
This webcast of EMS Live in Wisconsin was recorded on Tuesday, February 9, 2016.
Our first guest at 5:00 minutes into the program was EMS Office Licensing Coordinator Helen Pullen with the State of Wisconsin. We discussed what is required to renew your EMT, paramedic, or emergency medicala responder liccense as all state licenses expire as of June 30, 2016. The license renewal website is https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/ems/licensing/renewal.htm.
At 20 minutes into the program State of Wisconsin EMS and Trauma Medical Director Dr. Suzanne Martens joined us to explain House of Representatives bill 4365, Protecting Patient Access to Emergency Medication Act. It has been recognized that EMS technically operates outside of the current DEA rules for controlled substances for pain and seizures. The DEA has allowed this to continue, but has stated it cannot do so without a change in the actual regulations. A draft bill to change these regulations has been written and proposed. The House of Representatives is processing it, and will vote in the near future. Without this bill change, all administration of controlled substances will require radio/phone contact for an order with medical control; and the ordering and stocking of these medications will be complex and costly, with potentially every ambulance being considered an "office". Since the majority of requests for paramedic intercepts involves controlled substances, this impacts all levels of care. >> Click for HR4365 Toolkit and how to contact your local elected federal representative.
Co-hosts included Joe Covelli and Patrick Ryan, and the program lasted 30 minutes.
Don't miss a beat of Wisconsin EMS action - listen to EMS Live!
This webcast of Wisconsin EMS Live was recorded on Tuesday, July 14 starting at 9:00 a.m. central time. The live broadcast discussed TRIP and Stars of Life 2015.
TRIP stands for Tax Refund Intercept Program. Since an ambulance service can't do a credit check when being dispatched to a person's 911 call, some patients unfortunately don't pay their ambulance bill even after the insurance company has sent the check directly to them for that purpose. This leaves the ambulance service in a bad situation unable to collect on services rendered, meet its own financial obligations, and reinvest those funds in its operation, equipment and staff. Some of Wisconsin's largest ambulance services are writing off each year $500,000 to one-million dollars in noncollectable debt.
TRIP recently passed the Wisconsin legislature and is simply awaiting Governor Scott Walker's signature.
In the meantime, we need to prepare ambulance service management not familiar with TRIP, explain how it works, and is used as another option to collections when other attempts have failed. With Governor Walker's signature, it opens the option of TRIP to all Wisconsin ambulance services under contract with a municipality to provide 911 service. TRIP cannot be used for inter-facility transfers or patients with Medicare or Medicaid insurance coverage.
Wisconsin EMS Live program guests who discussed TRIP and answered questions include: From The Stark Collection Agency in Madison, Pauline Kussart, and from Valders Ambulance, Director Jay Steuer.
The latter half of the 60 minute program is dedicated to discussing Wisconsin Stars of Life 2015 with committee members Larry Knuth, a 2009 Star recipient himself, and Linda Wiedmann. The event is to recognize Wisconsin's best EMTs and Paramedics as nominated by their respective departments.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (76 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (32 chatters)
- The Appearance (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (8 chatters)
- Ron March Show (8 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- MIA-Expert Psychic (6 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (4 chatters)
- GiftedAngelDel (4 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (3 chatters)
- Bantering The Blueshirts (3 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (3 chatters)
- Revelation Power (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- 67761 (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (1 chatters)
- Gospel Alliance Radio (1 chatters)
- AJC Radio (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Christian Success Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)
- Young Black and Empowered (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- RoxieZw (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)