SORT BY Relevancy
NOTE: Time and Date are tentative to be flexible for Mr. Severn's schedule.
Combat Sports is proud to bring you an hour long interview with Dan "The Beast" Severn! Dan was a pioneer in the early days of the UFC and a great name in the sport of wrestling! Tune in while I ask Dan about his past career and his future plans!
On this episode of CSP, we are proud to bring you an interview with Ken Shamrock. A pioneer of the UFC and MMA. We will be talking to Ken about his career in MMA and his current projects. Be sure to check out his website http://www.kenshamrock.com/!
In this episode we will be interviewing Stephen McLaughlin of White Cloud Kung Fu Academy as we discuss the practice of lineage succession. Located in Blackburn, Lancashire of the United Kingdom. White Cloud Kung Fu Academy was founded by Sifu Derek Gordon in 1962 and is today guided by 2 of his students, Dave Cowell & Head Coach Bill Keith, both with more than 40 years of Martial Arts experience. Steven McLaughlin is one of 2 senior instructors both with nearly 2 decades of continuous Martial Arts experience under their belt. He currently teaches Long Boxing(Chang Chuan), Wing Chun, Hsing-I , Bagua Zhang and Yang style Taiji Chuan. He began his training in Chinese Gong Fu at the age of 6 and at age 20 he received his 3rd rank of black belt in 2010.
Lineage succession is the practice of grooming specific students to act as a vessel of transmission for a particular martial style. Tai Chi Chuan is one style in particular that uses lineage documentation much like a family tree to trace its roots and origination. These lineage holders are then entrusted to become caretakers of a particular style ensuring their art continues to thrive in its entirety. Lineage succession is predominantly practiced throughout Asia but we are finding that this method of knowledge preservation is also surfacing in the Asian martial arts in the western world.
Although White Cloud Kung Fu Academy does not officially use Lineage succession the principles of personal growth, self-realization, and lifetime cultivation, are carefully fostered and guided. Steven Mclaughlin is now the 3rd generation of instructors at White Cloud Kung Fu academy.
in Self Help
“Constructive wallowing” seems like an oxymoron. Constructive is a good thing, but wallowing is bad. Right?
But wait a minute; is it really so terrible to give ourselves a time-out to feel our feelings? Or is it possible that wallowing is an act of loving kindness, right when we need it most?
Our Chi For Yourself guest turns the conventional wisdom on its head. Tina Gilbertson is a successful therapist, workshop leader and blogger. She's the author of Constructive Wallowing: How to Beat Bad Feelings By Letting Yourself Have Them.
in Self Help
Though he lived in the thirteenth century, Meister Eckhart’s deeply ecumenical teachings were in many ways modern. He taught about what we call ecology, championed artistic creativity, and advocated for social, economic, and gender justice. All these elements have inspired our Chi For Yourself guest, spiritual maverick Matthew Fox, and influenced his Creation Spirituality. In his latest book, Fox creates metaphorical meetings between Eckhart and Teilhard de Chardin, Thich Nhat Hanh, Carl Jung, Black Elk, Rumi, Adrienne Rich, and other radical thinkers. Matthew Fox is the author of "Meister Eckhart, A Mystic-Warrior for Our Times."
MIKE KNOXXX THE C.E.O FOR 1 HOUR WILL HAVE A IMPACT ON SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT LIKE NO ONE IN SPORTS TALK TODAY! JOIN HIM EACH SATURDAY NIGHT 630 PM ET ON THE FLAGSHIP SHOW ON THE BDSIR NETWORK THAT JUST KEEPS ON GROWING! WITH GUST SUPERSTAR CHECKING IN TO TALK WITH #MRBLOGTALKRADIO TELL A FRIEND TO TELL A FRIEND!
Miss the sports talk you and your buddies talk about in the Barbershop or at the gym & bar well look no further then DA-Barbershop!!! For one hour a week join Mike Knoxxx and the crew talking the biggest stories in the week in sports!
Today we continue our Maximum FIghting Championships coverage with special guests; Marcus "Bad Intentions" Edwards and Victor "The Matrix" Valimaki, both of which will be in the main card of MFC 41: All In on October 3rd Live on AXSTV from the Shaw COnference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Then after our guests have had their spotlight we shift to some WK4 NFL Picks and Predictions along with some of our personal Fantasy Football Picks to help guide your team to victory this weekend.
And ... we cannot forget about what many are hyping up to be the biggest UFC card of the year thus far; UFC 178: Johnson VS Cariaso which will include bouts between Donald Cerrone VS newly signed Eddie Alvarez and the Flyweight Championship between Champion; Demetrious Johnson and his opponent Chris Cariaso.
It's a loaded show tonight so tune in and have some fun with it ... or not ... we're easy.
Attention hard-core Professional Group Fitness Instructors (PGFI)
There may come a time in your fitness life when you have to slow down. Yes, YOU! Even Jack LaLanne eventually slowed down and he was a persistant and dedicated exerciser. Perhaps, for many of you, it is a challenge to slow down and the idea even makes you uncomfortable.
Tai Chi changed my life
My personal journey, as first a professional group fitness instructor (someone whose primary source of income is teaching group fitness classes), then, evenutally, becoming a tai chi instructor, has inspired me to share my story with other GFPI.
The take-away here is that PGFIs who begin to study and practice this internal martial arts will benefit tremedously. It can also be another source of income targeting the expanding demand in the fitness industry for elder-friendly exercise.
What is tai chi
Tai Chi in the fitness world
Story of my personal journey as a PGFI who started practicing tai chi
Tai Chi Kung Fu Fan
Tune in to next week's show when we interview Sifu Ahmad Ptah El
It seems as though the respit from reality that is sports has been overrun with poitics, noise and misbehaving. But The Sports Narrative Radio Show will soldier on and face these issues with a mix of sobriety and humor. On this episode:
- Hour 1 of the show is always centered anround football so we start in college football including blowing the coin flip, the worst coach in the SEC and more!
- Transitioning to the NFL, topics include TIMEOUT, Cowboys good or Locker terrible, my NFL conspiracy theory and more
- Be sure to tune into to segment 3 as we bring back Sports NPR Style, this week discussing the politics in the sports world, from domestic violence to child abuse to racism and more. Has this ruined sports for you? Is this reflective for society or isolated? We also welcome your thoughts at (347) 308-8637
- Deep philosophical discussion should always be followed by the silliness we find at Mick's Pub. This week, Mick's Dr Who recap, thoughts on cars (probably) and the award-winning Ride The Lightning
- Baseball is reaching the home stretch with the A's barely hanging on, the O's clinching and the Rangers battlng for the #1 pick. Mr Feltman and Dustin lead the segment
- We finish up with news and notes including hockey on the horizon, Fedex cashing in, EPL and UEFA updates and whatecer else we have time to squeeze in
So keep your ears listening, tell 4 friends and tune all your devices to The Sports Narrative Radio Show LIVE Wed Sept 17th from 830p-1030p CDT or anytime after on Itunes/podcasts or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (9 chatters)
- PAGO Radio (8 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (7 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (7 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (5 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (5 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (4 chatters)
- Tammy Jones Gibbs (4 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Big Meach (2 chatters)
- Word of Mom Radio (2 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (2 chatters)
- Remember Your Divinity (2 chatters)
- Coaching Impact Radio (1 chatters)
- Minister Patricia Dokes (1 chatters)