SORT BY Relevancy
March 10 - Today is the TVNewser Summit in New York, and we'll bring you all the previews with TVNewser editor Chris Ariens.
Ariens is live from the TVNewser Summit location at the 92Y Tribeca in New York City.
Besides a look at each of the panels, we'll talk about the online ad revenue from CBS' NCAA plan, "The Fix" at ABCNews.com and more
May 22 - Today on the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu podcast we finish up our first "Decision-Maker Week" with CNN SVP David Bohrman.
The Washington bureau chief is responsible for bringing the "Magic Wall" and other pieces of technology to the CNN audience. We'll talk to him about what's coming up next.
Bohrman was in New York earlier this week to accept the Peabody Award for the network's election coverage, when CNN had huge ratings. But how does CNN keep those ratings up without special political events?
Bohrman put on his D.C. bureau chief hat and gave his take on John King's "State of the Union." "I think John's program will come to dominate Sunday talk," he said.
Also discussed: the "rare" way CNN won their Peabody award, what went right and wrong with the infamous "Hologram" (which Bohrman has wanted on air since 1996), how CNN plans to compete with its cable competitors in the ratings and What We Learned This Week (featuring former VP Cheney).
May 21 - "Decision-Maker Week" on the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu podcast continues tomorrow with Fox News SVP of news editorial, Michael Clemente.
We'll talk to Clemente about the network's dominating ratings since the Obama administration began — leaving them eyeing the outright cable network lead rather than just cable news.
Clemente left ABC News in February to join FNC, and has already taken on more responsibility at the network, since John Moody moved to a job within News Corp.
Clemente talked about the success of Fox News. "We usually say here and elsewhere, it always feels better to win," he said. "Winning in this business means getting the story right, and people understand that over time. I think, they understand that our people care about what they're saying, they're as interested in what they're reporting on as the viewers might be, and it all comes through. At the end of the day, when we're done doing our jobs, and you get a report on the numbers...it's a good feeling."
Also discussed: the differences (and similarities) between network and cable news, some possible weekend programming changes, advice Moody gave Clemente and, why not, the American Idol finale last night.
May 18 - On the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu podcast we've had anchors and reporters, authors and bloggers. But this week we're doing something different — talking to some big names in the media world who shape what that world looks like.
We're kicking off "Decision-Maker Week" with MSNBC President Phil Griffin.
From record ratings to big upcoming programming changes (and questions about a continued shift left), there is no shortage of material to talk about.
He talked about the ratings success, post-election, of MSNBC. "I think cable news is in a good position," says Griffin. "In the middle of that is really our success. Not only did people think that cable news would lose much of its audience after the election, but they thought MSNBC would. That we had huge growth and it would go away, and in fact, that did not happen."
Also discussed: the genesis of "The Place For Politics" (it involved Tim Russert), his take on Fox News' recent ratings success and what he considers one of the toughest decisions he's made recently (hint: Dan Abrams).
Join hosts Ted Johnson, Maegan Carberry, and Teresa Valdez-Klein and guest Brian Stelter as they talk about the push-pull between the "MSM" and digital sphere in covering big stories. Stelter is a New York Times reporter who covers television and digital media, and spent three and a half years as the editor of TVNewser, a popular blog covering the television news industry. The big stories: 100 Days, Beer Summit, Iran protesters, Health Care debate, Afghanistan strategy, balloon boy & party crashers, and decade-in-review.
March 12 - Today on the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu we're joined by HLN's Jane Velez-Mitchell. The new host is setting ratings records for HLN.
Velez-Mitchell's "Issues" has brought in record ratings for HLN, significantly higher than last year when "Glenn Beck" occupied the spot. Yesterday HLN announced it would expand the show to repeat over the weekend.
June 19 - Today on the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu we're joined byToday on the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu we'll discuss Bill Keller's trip to Iran (and his reaction to those who have reacted with surprise) and Conan O'Brien on The Tonight Show — how are the ratings?
As always on Friday, we'll have "What We Learned This Week."
Also...it's my (Steve) last podcast. We'll take a look back at some past moments, including our highest profile shout-out (Thanks, Rush Limbaugh!).
Join us Monday with Galleycat.com editor Jason Boog at the helm!
June 4 - Today on the mediabistro.com Morning Media Menu we're joined by documentary filmmaker John Ziegler.
Ziegler's recent film, Media Malpractice, took aim at the mainstream media for their coverage of Gov. Sarah Palin and now-President Barack Obama in the run-up to the 2008 election.
We'll ask him what he thinks of media coverage since Pres. Obama has taken office.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (52 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (40 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (18 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (16 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (16 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (15 chatters)
- Ms Blue (14 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (11 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (11 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (10 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (9 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (5 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (4 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- daFUq Funnies Radio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)